View Poll Results: Batman and Robin by Peter Tomasi / What is your verdict?

Voters
149. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • 5 Stars: His work EXCELLED in comparison to other DC writers

30 20.13%
  • 4 Stars: His work is ABOVE Average in comparison to other DC writers

66 44.30%
  • 3 Stars: His work is AVERAGE in comparison to other DC writers

36 24.16%
  • 2 Stars: His work is BELOW Average in comparison to other DC writers

12 8.05%
  • 1 Star: His work is POOR in comparison to other DC writers

5 3.36%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabongero View Post
    Hi Captain Jim. I miss those editors from the 80s, when they really had more control and more say on the writer's work. Although some of the lines back then would be sometimes cheesy in terms of today's world, at least the editors of the Bat books wouldn't have allowed something like this to slip into productions.
    Funny, I heard a writer talk at a Con not so long ago, saying that editorial control over writing has increased massively since the 80s. I rather liked the line, personally. If nothing else, correctly using a classical quote shows wonders for a character's class. I was more annoyed that Damian later used earphones, instead of reading Bruce's message on parchment, written with a quill, or on vinyl.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Damian isn't a typical American kid. 'That line' seemed totally natural for someone with Damian's upbringing.

Second favorite Batman book (after Snyder's Batman). I gave it a 4. My only complaint is the tension between Bruce & Damian feels a bit over the top at times.

For me Batman and Robin has been really, really friggin good. If Batman is a 10 then Batman and Robin has been a 9.5. I really, really enjoyed the Nobody storyline. The artwork is top notch. Overall it's been a fantastic series so far for me.

The first arc was entirely too long. Art wasn't as good / consistant as it was on the 3 part arc they did in the first series. Issue #8 was the best of the run though. I'm going to give the 3 part arc with all the robins a chance and then see if this will still remain on the pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    I feel like we must be reading entirely different titles.
    That feeling is mutual.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I still don't see any big differences in Damian's character as opposed to the way Morrison writes him. Also, I like how Tomasi's Bruce at least tries to father Damian in this title. In Inc. #1, I wasn't too happy with Bruce being relaxed about Damian killin Otto Netz.

Paraphrased:

B: you said you wouldn't kill.

R: yeah, but I had to that time.

B: Well.....ok. Go put this device on that truck.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 05-29-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I still don't see any big differences in his character as opposed to the Morrison writes him. Also, I like how Bruce at least tries to father him in this title. In Inc. #1, I wasn't too happy with Bruce being relaxed about Damian killin Otto Netz.

Paraphrased:

B: you said you wouldn't kill.

R: yeah, but I had to that time.

B: Well.....ok. Go put this device on that truck.
    I thought Bruce was likewise to relaxed about Damian killing Nobody in B&R. I was expecting more of a "talking to" there then what we got in the issue since Bruce has a no kill policy and all. Instead it seemed to me that he brushed it aside completely.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I thought Bruce was likewise to relaxed about Damian killing Nobody in B&R. I was expecting more of a "talking to" there then what we got in the issue since Bruce has a no kill policy and all. Instead it seemed to me that he brushed it aside completely.

Well, we haven't gotten anything since that issue (NoO was after it), but I'm thinking that's what this "Meeting of the Robins" will be about. I feel like it will still be addressed. But, we'll see.

Well, we haven't gotten anything since that issue (NoO was after it), but I'm thinking that's what this "Meeting of the Robins" will be about. I feel like it will still be addressed. But, we'll see.
    I'd be happy if it were addressed in this next arc by Bruce, not just by the former Robins. I feel he's the one who should be addressing this not his other sons though I am doubtful that this will ever happen based on what transpired in issue 8.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Lol I love the idea of a Robin intervention.

Dick: Damian, we all think you really need to stop killing people.
    Tim: Yes Damian, it's wrong, and as much as you annoy me, you're better than this.
    Jason: .....I'm sure he had it coming

Tomasi has finally hit his stride with the character of Damian as of issue #10. I hope that he writes in the guest appearances of all the previous Robins in a storyarc in the future. Seeing these guys in costume together in the same pages interacting was worth buying issue #10 alone. I loved the dynamic between Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian. Classic. As for Tim and Damian at the end of the issue... they may be more similar than we thought... at least in terms of Damian's interpretation.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabongero View Post
    As for Tim and Damian at the end of the issue... they may be more similar than we thought... at least in terms of Damian's interpretation.
    Who knows what is left of Tim's history, but he wasn't even able to kill the guy that murdered his father. After he spent an entire issue setting up his death. I really enjoyed the issue and B&R so far but it wasn't a very good Tim. Not that Lobdell's was.