Hybrid View

Default Hellboy Wiki Site

So, does anyone know how to go about setting up one of those wiki sites that every other fandom seems to have? I mean, there's a Muppet wiki. There should be a Hellboy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Brody View Post
    So, does anyone know how to go about setting up one of those wiki sites that every other fandom seems to have? I mean, there's a Muppet wiki. There should be a Hellboy one.
    I was under the impression there already would be one. Like a Wikipedia one, concerning the comics? Albeit rather short and basically coming down to a list in publication order. Like a "stub" more rather.

Although for fear of finding it to be lacking in any way, I didn't and don't feel need to be exerting myself for even frequenting it.

I believe I saw a couple over the years, a Wikipedia-one and one becoming to be looking different, with seeming colorful and stuff, whereas normal Wikipedia sites look white, hardly illustrated yet with presenting the Wikipedia-logo or the banner with the dude saying it's allright to donate.
    The colorful one as being to offer quite a number of glaring simplifications or even incorrect informations, although such would have been years ago already.

I'd think the Dark Horse Site or this forum as being a forum would work better than a Wiki, because a Wiki seems either basically just for listing the barest of information without going into detail - or it would risk to becoming as being to be supplementing the reading of the actual books.

For some of the comic-Wiki's I really don't understand how for instance the superhero title Wiki's appear to be supplementing the comics to the point of fully spoiling them,
    making me wonder why it wouldn't be simpler or better to just be reading the comics instead of such detailed Wiki's revealing all or even spelling it all out, but that might be me.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 01-30-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Peter Parker's Alter Ego Atomica's Avatar

I'm not sure how often it's updated but there is one here:
    http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Hellboy_Wiki
    and of course there's http://www.completehellboy.com/

But, if you want to start your own:
    http://www.wikia.com/Special:CreateWiki
    Check out my comic No Place Like Home from Image Comics and 'Like it on Facebook

Pretty sure http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Hellboy_Wiki would welcome some people willing to make pages. It's been pretty neglected. It's more of a resource for the films than the comics at the moment.

Well, I should have done a perfunctory search for this! I may have to contribute to this Wiki, to spread the word.

Someone should dedicated a forum to Hellboy - or something like that.

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid. - Franklin P. Jones

First you wanna kill me - now you wanna kiss me. Blow! -Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco685 View Post
    Someone should dedicated a forum to Hellboy - or something like that.
    Aw man, but that takes so much work.