Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Rob Anybody. Crivens! Blackknight75's Avatar

Preview pages for More Than Meets the Eye #4.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12108

Loved the bar scene between Ratchet and Swerve. So informative and still funny. Just love what is happening in the background. Not sure if Skids is trying to settle a bar bet with Powerglide or picking a fight. Perhaps both. This is how you do a scene where people are just sitting around, talking and drinking.

I just like how new-reader friendly this is. Even if you haven't read much of the previous IDW Transformers, you aren't weighed down by years of continuity and history. Previous moments in publication are given a brief nod, and a pointer to the reader, if they wish, to find out more.

I'm so excited for Transformers Regeneration one, a good jumping for a lapsed TF fan like me.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

So what did everyone think of Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #4?

Great issue, with James Roberts works his eclectic cast of characters well, bouncing back and forth between the ongoing story threads. Also, we are starting to get some payoff on the cryptic message at the end of issue #1.

Loved the background action in the bar scene. Not sure if Skids was picking a fight with Powerglide, or asking him to pay up on a bet.

The jokes are well timed, and not overshadowing the whatever else is being said on the panel. "What about 'Definately Not'? Is 'Definately Not' in there? 'Cos that's my favourite."

The reveal at the end works very effectively, and even if you haven't read the 'Last Stand of the Wreckers' mini-series, you are given enough information that you don't have to read it, but you are given enough lead up and encouragement, that if you should find it on the shelves at your local comic shop, you won't go wrong in buying it.

This book is definately my favourite of the two ongoing series.

Tranformers: Robots in Disguise #4. Prowl begins the steady decline from good cop to bad cop. And he gets some karmic payback for what happened in Transformers: The Movie.

The preview for MTMTE#5 is here! And boy, is it ever a doozy!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/2...eets-the-eye-5

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    I'm so excited for Transformers Regeneration one, a good jumping for a lapsed TF fan like me.
    Are they going to reprint #80.5?

Looks like First Aid will be the next ship's doctor. It will be like replacing Dr Leonard McCoy with Dr Julian Bashir. Not to be taken as a slight, but replacing a world-weary veteren/legend with hot-shot doctor fresh out of medical school.

I want to follow these Transformers series but I am having a hard time telling who is who. I am familiar with most of the Gen 1 bots but I am lost on the rest's histories. Is there a site that explains most of the major history stuff that is relevant to the IDW universe? Maybe something with visuals since I am not familiar with all the character. Also what trades do you think would help the most?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

You can look up pretty much everything you want there as the occasion arises.

Also, More Than Meets The Eye always has a handy overview of the main characters in the back of the comics.

And if you want to look in backtracking what went before, I recommend those lovely IDW Transformers Collection hardcovers. They're up to volume six now and should catch up to the current series in two volumes or so.

Issue #5 of Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye was brilliant. The right mix of action, drama, spy thriller and the taste of eyes in the back of the throut.

One of the comedy gems from this issue,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnus.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	94122

When Ultra Magnus is your straight man, anyone opposite automatically becomes the funny guy.

Fifth issue of Transformers: Robots in Disguise arrived in the shops this week. I never watched the old RID animated series, so the appeal or humour behind Skybyte and his poems went a bit over my head.

But this is another slow boil issue, with Swindle acting as Chief Wooden Spoon aka The Shit-Stirrer. I know Starscream has his own agenda, but I can't help but think that there is someone else behind all the Decepticon Shenanigans from the past five issues.

So Blurr has finally opened up his bar, the place where everybot knows your name. Heh, former sports star turned bartender. I just wonder who will become his regular cast of bar regulars.

Name:	Blurr.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	94311

I've read up to #4 with both RiD and MtMtE and I gotta say I'm a bit annoyed with how the deceptions are being portrayed in RiD. Im a Con fan first and foremost and it feels like they are being reduced to nothing but the Bots whipping boys, yes they lost the war but this is just getting embarrassing we got Bots offing Cons like its nothing. I mean when did Arcee become this deadly robo ninja assassin capable of taking on all the Constructicons at once? Yes she came back from the dead universe big whoop. I miss the likes of Megatron, Razorclaw, Soundwave, Thundercracker and Shockwave, Swindle and Starscream just don't cut it for me. I hope the Cons make their big power play soon, because if things keep going the way they are I'm going to lose interest in RiD fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
    I've read up to #4 with both RiD and MtMtE and I gotta say I'm a bit annoyed with how the deceptions are being portrayed in RiD. Im a Con fan first and foremost and it feels like they are being reduced to nothing but the Bots whipping boys, yes they lost the war but this is just getting embarrassing we got Bots offing Cons like its nothing. I mean when did Arcee become this deadly robo ninja assassin capable of taking on all the Constructicons at once? Yes she came back from the dead universe big whoop. I miss the likes of Megatron, Razorclaw, Soundwave, Thundercracker and Shockwave, Swindle and Starscream just don't cut it for me. I hope the Cons make their big power play soon, because if things keep going the way they are I'm going to lose interest in RiD fast.
    Your avatar. Old one-eye.
    He's coming up soon, I do believe has been stated.

He and Soundwave are probably going to team up for their big attempt at taking over Cybertron.

Except for them, it seems as if some kind of... entity that looks like the Deception Symbol is in the works as well... And no, I have no clue what that's supposed to be. Liege Maximo...? Maybe.

( For those not in the know, the Liege Maximo is the original cyber-genetic hereditary ancestor of the Decepticons, the first anti-prime, if you like. He was one of the original Cybertronians, created at the dawn of cybertronian evolution)

I believe July is Decepticon month, with Turmoil (from Spotlight Drift and the Drift mini) starring in RID#7 and the Decepticon Justice Devision (whose members have not been revealed yet but will no doubt be badass) in MTMTE#7. Also, it seems Shockwave will play a big part in RID#6, out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackknight75 View Post
    Issue #5 of Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye was brilliant. The right mix of action, drama, spy thriller and the taste of eyes in the back of the throut.

One of the comedy gems from this issue,

Name:	magnus.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	94122

When Ultra Magnus is your straight man, anyone opposite automatically becomes the funny guy.

The last panel was brilliant.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy