ULTIMATE X-MEN 2.0 BY: MrV
Coming up is the midpoint story arc. Consider this more like the mid-season finale for a TV show. It will not be the end, but a lot of story lines will come to a close, making room for others to dominate the second half of my run. Watch out for Easter eggs (homages to Earth-616) and more character debuts of fan favorites (I think).
SHADOW KING: PART 1 (substitute for UXM #78-80)
- Ultimate X-Men 2.0, Issue #78: Fallout
- Cover art: Storm soaring through the clouds, with montage close up images of Beast and Wolverine looking at her.
- A young black girl with silver braided hair runs through a neighborhood in Harlem, NY.
- She enters a worn down apartment complex and meets inside with her friend Dani, telling her she needs her help and that a monster is chasing her in her dreams.
- Dani, wearing distinctive dream catcher earrings that begin glowing for some reason, warns Ororo that it is too late and she cannot run from him anymore.
- Dani's room transforms into a surreal setting, and Dani screams before vanishing in the darkness. Ororo turns around and sees the Shadow King, surrounded by the Brood, reaching out to her.
- Ororo transforms form a child into her adult self, then releases a blood-curling scream. The Shadow King says he has found her at last.
- Ororo awakens from a nightmare to find her laptop over her bed. The file she is working on is her play, titled "Shadow King." She notices she last typed the words "He's here."
- She goes over to her drawers and pulls out metallic jewelry box, where she finds inside one of Dani's dream catcher earrings.
- Inside the box she also finds an old folded photograph. She unfolds it. She sees herself holding a beer bottle, a man whose face her thumb covers to her left, Yuriko/Lady Deathstrike to the right of Dani, who has her arms around Ororo and Yuriko. The four of them pose for the photograph in front of a car repair shop, LONESTAR & FAMILY.
- Ororo hears knocking at the door. She opens it to find Lilandra, who asks if she is alright, having heard screaming and noting the weather suddenly got weird outside. An ashamed Ororo looks out the window and notices she unconsciously caused a violent storm outside during her sleep.
- Lilandra tells Ororo not to worry and wishes her a happy 20th birthday, then tells her to get dressed so Jean, Kitty and she can take her shopping.
- The Triskelion, Upper Manhattan Bay: Reed Richards and Dr. Branklin meet with new SHIELD Director Carol Danvers and none other than Dr. Henry McCoy. Danvers tells the three scientists she is Fury's replacement following the incident with the Squadron Supreme the week before.
- Henry McCoy proceeds to discuss the dangers of the Legacy Virus, showing how the symptoms resemble those of influenza, but can remain dormant for years until as-of-yet unclear external factors trigger it to quickly evolve into something much more deadly with the potential to dissolve the infected person's DNA within hours.
- Earliest reported cases date back to WWII. Richards wonders why they hadn't heard anything about it, to which Henry reveals there are hundreds of deadly viruses discovered they never tell the public about, preferring to maintain peace among the population for as long as possible.
- Henry then presents Richards and Branklin with his research on the virus. He shows them how experiments on rats resulted in the infected animals exploding or undergoing a violent mutation before dying. The main dilemma is finding what external factors cause the dormant virus to consume its host.
- Hours later, Henry is visited by Charles Xavier in the conference room. Xavier looks at Henry in disbelief, much to latter's confusion. Xavier tells Henry he is sorry for how things turned out and that some things weren't meant to happen (we see Charles remember when Onslaught/David resurrected Henry). Henry asks Xavier about Ororo, stating today is her birthday and he wanted to be there with her.
- Xavier telepathically argues with Carol Danvers that Henry's cooperation in finding a cure for Legacy is pivotal to the survival of humanity and he must not get distracted from his work.
- Much to his dismay, the Professor is forced to lie to Henry and make him believe Ororo committed suicide following his death. Henry sits down, overwhelmed in guilt and sadness. Xavier tells him he can still save 6 billion others with the cure.
- Hell's Kitchen: Iceman concentrates hard enough so he is able to transform himself into a large cloud, dousing the fire inside a burning building, and then solidifies back into solid ice form, though that makes him dizzy.
- Rogue gracefully throws Gambit cards to clear debris and rescue a little girl trapped inside. A burning wood beam collapses over her, but she shoots an exploding icicle at it. Rogue runs outside and hands the girl to a firefighter, telling him there may be more people they have to rescue.
- Back inside, Rogue comments to Iceman how much easier this looked in the Danger Room exercises, to which Iceman replies how unfortunate it was for Crimson Dynamo to destroy their game room.
- Three floors above them, Cyclops uses his optic blast to clear the burning path and move quickly in search of people to rescue. Iceman douses the building again, saving Scott from suffocating. Suddenly, a hooded figure appears before Cyclops and immediately uses telekinesis to throw debris at him. Cyclops destroys the incoming objects but is bested by a mini refrigerator. The hooded figure removes her burnt garment, revealing underneath the super-villainess Typhoid Mary complete with war paint.
- Typhoid seductively moves towards the dazed Cyclops, forming a ball of fire on her hand. She tells Cyclops he is ruining her client's assignment and she is not happy about it.
- However, before she can roast Cyclops, she is thrown out the window by an explosive kick courtesy of Rogue (her unique Gambit eyes glow pink), who tells Typhoid in French: "Mange de la merde, pute!"
- Outside, Iceman extends his cloudy arm out a window and solidifies it into a giant hand which he uses to catch the unconscious Typhoid Mary. The police stare in awe. Back inside, Rogue helps Cyclops get up, and he tells her to watch her French if she doesn't want to get them in trouble.
- Meanwhile, at Victoria's Secret: Ororo looks in boredom as Jean and Kitty geek out about clothes. Suddenly, Logan comes in and snatches Ororo away.
- Jean and Kitty angrily tell Logan to give Ororo back, but he starts running, knocking down a rack of underwear in the process, and carrying Ororo over his shoulder. He doesn't get far due to Jean using telekinesis to immobilize him.
- From Wolverine's shoulder, Ororo tells Jean and Kitty she appreciates the gesture but would prefer to celebrate her birthday her own way. Jean lets Logan go.
- Outside, Logan and Ororo ride his motorcycle, a "borrowed" Harley Davidson. She thanks Logan, confessing they were smothering her too much. Logan chuckles and accelerates his bike.
- Next we see Logan covering Ororo's eyes and leading her through the Soho oriental garden, Itsu's Grove. Logan lets Ororo see where he has taken her. She becomes fascinated by the garden's beauty and embraces him.
- The Triskelion: Henry hacks into the SHIELD network, creating an untraceable ghost server under the name "BEASTORM4EVER." He also hacks SHIELD's spy satellites. He stares at the monitor in anticipation, which shows a satellite picture of a moving black blur on the street. An image clean up reveals the blur to be Logan and Ororo riding a motorcycle together.
- Henry grinds his teeth and looks at the image infuriated.
- TO BE CONTINUED…
Last edited by MrV; 02-10-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Needed more drama + comedy
I'm so busy right now, MrV, but hopefully in the next few weeks to comment/review. Know for now that I have read it and am enjoying it immensely.
I'm also trying to find time to outline, then flesh in my concept for "Ultimate Bombshell." Right now I'm in the earliest possible phases: developing the supporting cast. I know a version of Anole will be present, though not the same as yours, and that Lee Forrester and Lana's mother will also be important characters. It's going to take place in Boston...
"Life is a game in which the player must appear ridiculous."
Current OTP: Nico Minoru x Prodigy
You know who I think would make a great supervillainess? Tandy Bowen. On the cover for Ultimate Spidey #150 they showed her dressed up as Ultimate Dagger. So if she were to get powers and meet Cloak that would make these versions awesome.
Dagger would be a villain, and Cloak a hero. Ironically both cannot live without each other.
I like most of this, but my concerns for where you are taking Logan still stand. He is starting to read like a high school boy in love, not a living weapon trying to fit back into society. Still great stuff overall though.
1) Find a bad guy
2) Be Wolverine
Ultimate Wolverine is coming back, sort of!
Anyhow, what were your thoughts on Ultimate Typhoid Mary and Iceman's new power? Was Rogue badass or should I work on it more?
Last edited by robcastor729; 02-10-2012 at 04:28 PM.
They can say bad thing about you but you must never say bad things about yourself
She was poetic to write and a lot of fun, I can have her be a regular foe of the X-Men. Of course, I won't make her a loser like Shocker, she's too beautiful and has lots of potential to waste her that way. She has given me an idea for at least two more stories, so that list of story arcs will change soon. I am feeling a creative rush and can confidently extend my run past Issue #100.
Now halfway through my creative run, I have seen the necessity to modify the index listing all the story arcs I will do. The smiley indicates where I left off. Below are my 32 issues of new continuity overwriting the old one, plus 3 annuals and a one-shot finale. The ones in red indicate stories that tie-in and their chronological reading order.
MrV's Ultimate X-Men Era (REVISED):
- Ultimate Spider-Man: Deadpool (USM #91-94)
- Ultimate X4 #1-2
- Alpha & Omega (now UXM #68-70)
- Undercover (now UXM #71)
- Street Warriors (now UXM #72-74)
- Ultimate Spider-Man: Morbius (USM #95-96)
- The Day America Stood Still (now UXM Annual #2)
- The Ultimates 2 #12-13
- Legacy (now UXM #75)
- The Underneath (now UXM #76-77)
- Ultimate Power #2-9
- Ultimate Spider-Man: Clone Saga (USM #97-105)
- Shadow King (now UXM #78-81)
- R.I.P. (now UXM #82)
- Ultimate Spider-Man: Death of a Goblin (USM #112-117)
- Journeys (now UXM #83-88)
- X-Force (now UXM #89-91)
- Ultimate Spider-Man: And His Amazing Friends (USM #118-120)
- Weapon XI (now UXM #92-94)
- Cable's Revenge/When Tomorrow Comes (now UXM/FF & UFF/XM Annuals)
- Brotherhood (now UXM #95-97)
- ULTIMATUM (now UXM #98-100)
- The Parting (now UXM: Requiem)
This is to pretend if my stories were collected in trade paper backs.
TPB: Ultimate X-Men 2.0, Vol. 1: Alpha & Omega. Collects UXM 2.0 #68-71 (replaces original UXM, Vol. 14: Phoenix? which collects #66-71).
TBP: Ultimate X-Men 2.0, Vol. 2: Street Warriors. Collects UXM 2.0 #72-77 + Annual #2 (replaces original UXM, Vol. 15: Magical which collects #72-74 + Annual #2)
TBP: Ultimate X-Men 2.0, Vol. 3: Shadow King. Collects UXM 2.0 #78-82 (replaces original UXM, Vol. 16: Cable, which collects #75-80).
TBP: Ultimate X-Men 2.0, Vol. 4: Journeys. Collects UXM 2.0 #83-88 (replaces original UXM, Vol. 17: Sentinels, which collects #81-88).
TBP: Ultimate X-Men 2.0, Vol. 5: Weapon XI. Collects UXM 2.0 #89-94 (replaces original UXM, Vol. 18: Apocalypse, which collects #89-93).
TBP: Ultimate X-Men 2.0, Vol. 6: Tomorrow. Collects UXM #95-97 + UXM/FF & UFF/XM Annuals (replaces original UXM, Vol. 19: Absolute Power, which collects #94-97).
TBP: Ultimate X-Men 2.0, Vol. 7: The Ultimatum. Collects UXM #98-100 + UXM: Requiem
Last edited by MrV; 02-11-2012 at 12:42 AM.
I'm currently redoing Ultimate X-Men by Mark Millar...should I dedicate this to Wolverine12?
I use few words because my job takes them
Okay, I admit I'm curious about your take on UXM.
So far my book has had for villains the Nuke Bugs (Issue #68), Onslaught (Issue #70), The Hellfire Club & Red Queen (Issue #71), Sinister (Issue #72), Bishop & The Hellions (Issues #73-74), The Liberators (Annual #2), Bogeyman (Issue #77), Typhoid Mary (Issue #78), Shadow King & The Brood (Issues #78-81).
Last edited by MrV; 02-10-2012 at 09:42 PM.
1) Find a bad guy
2) Be Wolverine
Ultimate Wolverine is coming back, sort of!
Wolverine12 you might be mad at me.
Alright, this is the second and the most fan fiction I have ever done in my life.
Last edited by wyokid; 02-11-2012 at 12:02 AM.
I use few words because my job takes them
The Last Man On Earth (#1-6)
- The United Nations secretly build Sentinels and one day release them onto the public to exterminate mutants.
- One of the first victims killed is a teenager named Scott Summers.
- Peter Rasputin is in bed with his boyfriend Jean-Paul Beaubier when a Sentinel crashes through the wall killing Jean-Paul. Peter's skin turns into metal for the first time ever here.
- A blue hairy Henry McCoy arrives and the two take down the Sentinel.
- Hank greets Peter and offers him a spot on the X-Squad, one of the many secret teams part of a major rebellion against the government.
- Ororo Munroe is a teenage girl sitting in class with her best friend Jean Grey when several Secret Service looking men burst into the class room and arrest their fellow class mate Bobby Drake.
- Bobby, having his powers for at least two years, freezes the men and flees the school.
- Suddenly several lightning bolts continue to strike in front of Bobby.
- Ororo and Jean appear hovering in front of Bobby offering him a chance to join H-Squad.
- Erik Lehnsherr and his son Pietro watch from a castle as Jason Wyngarde, Frederick J. Dukes, and Mortimer Toynbee battle and destroy a Sentinel that was attempting to breach the castle.
- Wanda enters the room, she and Pietro passonatly kiss, and then she flies off of the ledge they three were standing on.
- Wanda uses her magic and destroys the Sentinel.
- All of the squads gather in the Underneath and are planning their next mission when a fight breaks out.
- The fight crashes into the street above them and the mutants are attacked by Sentinels.
- A large number of them are killed when Erik, Pietro, Wanda, Jason, Frederick, and Mortimer arrive and defeat all of the Sentinels with ease.
- A new Sentinel arrives and kills Jason before being destroyed by Pietro.
- Erik gathers the only survivors who are still on the premises: Ororo, Bobby, Jean, Henry, and Peter.
- Erik brings them back to his castle and reveals that he is part of a S.H.I.E.L.D. black ops team of mutants who deal with the private missions The Ultimates can't take care of because it would hurt their PR.
- Erik's children convince the five of them to join them on their next mission to decide if they want to join the team under Erik's blessing.
- They agree and are told about the Hulk's rampage (see The Ultimates #1-6) and that afterwards Bruce Banner escaped to Canada.
- Their mission is to track down Bruce and kill him.
- Kurt Wagner is a teenage boy who was in the Underneath when the fight broke out.
- He immediately teleports his best friends Anna Marie, John Wraith, and Anna's boy-friend Cain Marko onto the street above.
- Suddenly the fight crashes onto the street near them.
- As the Sentinels arrive John teleports them to Canada.
- Erik and the team arrive in Canada at a recently destroyed city.
- The group are greeted by Corporal Abraham Cornelius who informs them that the Hulk had destroyed the village and had consumed the population.
- The team perform recon on the surrounding area and find Banner's location.
- During the recon Peter discovers a secret village.
- The group attack Banner and he transforms into the Hulk
- The team are being beaten badly when suddenly a wolverine appears.
- Hulk eats the wolverine and continues to attack the team.
- Hulk goes to kill Bobby when Peter arrives with several hooded villagers.
- One of the hooded villagers leaps on top of Hulk and teleports him away.
- The hooded villager reappears and removes her hood.
- Peter introduces her as his sister, Illyana Nikolaevna Alexandria Rasputina.
Peter and The Acolytes (#10-12)
- After introduction are done Peter asks Illyana where she has been.
- Illyana tells the a story about how she worked for a news team in Russia and had traveled to Canada when the war occurred (see Ultimate War) to report it.
- Her plane was shot down, she teleported out, but landed hard and was knocked out.
- A group of wolves attempt to eat her but are scared off by hooded villagers.
- Illyana is brought to the king and queen of her rescuers.
- The queen, Betsy Braddock, explained that the Acolytes were a tribe of mutants that managed to survive the war.
- The king, Kevin MacTaggert, welcomes Illyana into the tribe.
- Back to the present the group has arrived at the village.
- While meeting the king and queen the village is attacked by Anna, John Wraith, and Cain.
- The trio managed to do some damage and kidnap Peter before teleporting away.
- The group want to track them down, but Erik assures them that Peter will be fine and that they are needed back by S.H.I.E.L.D. for a new mission.
- Aliens are invading the United States (see The Ultimates #7-13)
You Always Remember Your First Love (#13-14)
- Arc remains the same.
Who Is Charles Xavier? (#15)
- Charles Xavier was an pro-mutant human professor who played a major part in the creation of the Sentinels believing that they were going to be used to peacefully disarm and capture rogue mutants. When he discovered the truth he and his mutant friend, Erik Lehnsherr, plan to sabotage the operation. Before they can execute the plan Xavier is killed in an "accidental" car crash. Before they can get to Erik Nick Fury arrives and offers him a job for S.H.I.E.L.D. A funeral is held for Charles in the Triskelion and his body is buried in a nearby cemetery that is under S.H.E.I.L.D. surveillance. Before every mission Erik visits Charles' grave.
Last edited by wyokid; 02-11-2012 at 04:05 PM.
I use few words because my job takes them