Thread: Dmz

Default Dmz

Just finished reading it. Man, what a ride. The ending was bit brutal, and by that I don't mean it felt rushed by the writer, just a bitter end for the greater good (did what I just said made any sense ?). But it reminds you that it doesn't always end like you want.

I liked every issue of the serie, but the singles that were focussing on different characters in the DMZ were not so great, except the one with Soames and Decade later, those I really liked, the rest were not as enjoyable as the other issues where Roth was the main character for some reason.

I've read all 72 issues in about 3 weeks, I wonder if it would of felt more epic if I had started reading it once a month collecting it since #1 instead of all at once like that.

I started reading it in trades in 2007, then I started buying the singles a couple years later. I'm looking forward to reading it again as a whole in the space of a week or two. The ending worked very well. I would've liked more details, but that would've worked against the ending.

I really liked the end. It was a real love letter to NYC.

I have one nagging question: When Matty interviews the supposed leader of the Free States, was everything he said basically a lie? Especially the stuff about his imminent attack on the US?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Warlock View Post
    I really liked the end. It was a real love letter to NYC.

I have one nagging question: When Matty interviews the supposed leader of the Free States, was everything he said basically a lie? Especially the stuff about his imminent attack on the US?
    How the hell can we know heh. Only Brian W. knows and I think he wants to keep it that way.

Still waiting for the last two trades so... I wish I hadn't entered this thread. But I'm excited.