Page 491 of 668 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 10018
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Little Mermaid alternate ending: Ariel finds the lost notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci in her horde and builds herself a mighty pair of mechanical legs to stomp onto land with, trailing her big fish tail behind her.

Thus the most remembered song of the film is not Part of Your World, but instead Biomechanic Maid.

Also she invents the genre of Heavy Metal several centuries early.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Strange dream: Wanna note it down before I forget it:

So: I was watching a film about a Totalitarian Reigime, but also I often actually was whatever character the camera was focusing on.

The main two characters were two young men in immaculate white business suits with neatly cropped black beards who were very close friends. They wanted to complain to the reigime about the horrible local thugs who attacked them with knives every day, but one of them didn't want to because they knew they'd be re-located to a nicer district if they complained, and given new identities. White suit guy 2 didn't want to leave his entire life behind.

So anyway: Suit guy one complains alone, and gets assigned to the space program. He later feels bad about leaving his friend behind to get both of their stabs, and heads home in defiance of the rules to rescue him. It turns out the thugs are actually goverment imposed, and can only beat someone from another district with chains rather than stab them. BUT: The beating lasts four times as long as the stabbing.

Anyhow, he manages to talk his friend into leaving: But unfortunately the guy is now so stabbed that the government gives him a lobotomy before assigning him to the space program.

They turn out to be the best Astronaughts ever, and by being on the first manned mission to the surface of Jupiter they bolster the goverment's propaganda efforts and are forced to live the rest of their lives under house arrest inside a mile tall statue of the first white suit guy, built where his house used to be at the start of the film.

Also there are two scenes from the perspective of other characters: One is a rather unpleasant scene from the perspective of a young woman having her wrists cut by the stabbing gangs then needing to see a state-sponsored therapist, and the other is about someone living in "Blue District", which is an "Orbital skyscraper".

Blue district guy gets out of an Elevator and walks into a library, where he kisses his girlfriend upside down. He reflects that this is an inconvenience, and that his last relationship got to sex much quicker before the Government mandated that he be given Spidermans powers but be forced to do everything upside down or be executed.

Also his girlfriend is psychic. Everyone in Blue District is given superpowers along with an arbitrary condition they must stick to.

Blue District has zero relevance to the rest of the film outside the one scene it appears in.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

That sounds DresistantTM.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Also his girlfriend is psychic. Everyone in Blue District is given superpowers along with an arbitrary condition they must stick to.
    I want a job being the guy who comes up with the arbitrary conditions.

"You - Teleportation. But only inside public transport.
    You - Invisibility. But you have to whistle wherever you go. And always the theme tune from old school Battlestar Galactica.
    You - Immortality. But only as long as you can keep these juggling balls in the air. Don't worry though - you don't need to sleep anymore, either."
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I want a job being the guy who comes up with the arbitrary conditions.

"You - Teleportation. But only inside public transport.
    You - Invisibility. But you have to whistle wherever you go. And always the theme tune from old school Battlestar Galactica.
    You - Immortality. But only as long as you can keep these juggling balls in the air. Don't worry though - you don't need to sleep anymore, either."
    Okay: Let's take you on on a trial basis then.

You have superstrength, but -
    You can fly, but -
    You can become gigantic, but -
    You are stretchy, but -
    You are hyperintelligent, but -
    You have telekinesis, but -
    You are invulnerable, but -
    You have superspeed, but -
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

"Wait, you lay your eggs in human children? Are you just being monstrously evil for the hell of it?"

"Don't be ridiculous. Children are far too small. They are however easier to kidnap and can be used for slave labour until they're ready."

"..."

"Don't look at me like that. I'm an alien. I don't need to have the same moral standards as you. Why can't you respect my culture? Bigot."
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Strange dream: Wanna note it down before I forget it:

So: I was watching a film about a Totalitarian Reigime, but also I often actually was whatever character the camera was focusing on.

The main two characters were two young men in immaculate white business suits with neatly cropped black beards who were very close friends. They wanted to complain to the reigime about the horrible local thugs who attacked them with knives every day, but one of them didn't want to because they knew they'd be re-located to a nicer district if they complained, and given new identities. White suit guy 2 didn't want to leave his entire life behind.

So anyway: Suit guy one complains alone, and gets assigned to the space program. He later feels bad about leaving his friend behind to get both of their stabs, and heads home in defiance of the rules to rescue him. It turns out the thugs are actually goverment imposed, and can only beat someone from another district with chains rather than stab them. BUT: The beating lasts four times as long as the stabbing.

Anyhow, he manages to talk his friend into leaving: But unfortunately the guy is now so stabbed that the government gives him a lobotomy before assigning him to the space program.

They turn out to be the best Astronaughts ever, and by being on the first manned mission to the surface of Jupiter they bolster the goverment's propaganda efforts and are forced to live the rest of their lives under house arrest inside a mile tall statue of the first white suit guy, built where his house used to be at the start of the film.

Also there are two scenes from the perspective of other characters: One is a rather unpleasant scene from the perspective of a young woman having her wrists cut by the stabbing gangs then needing to see a state-sponsored therapist, and the other is about someone living in "Blue District", which is an "Orbital skyscraper".

Blue district guy gets out of an Elevator and walks into a library, where he kisses his girlfriend upside down. He reflects that this is an inconvenience, and that his last relationship got to sex much quicker before the Government mandated that he be given Spidermans powers but be forced to do everything upside down or be executed.

Blue District has zero relevance to the rest of the film outside the one scene it appears in.
    So much symbolism.

Funny thing is, if this was my dream I bet I would know exactly what it meant.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Okay: Let's take you on on a trial basis then.
    You have superstrength, but - you have brittle bones.
    You can fly, but - no part of you can go above 6' high (still, useful for crossing marshes/ water if you don't mind getting a bit wet - some of these powers might as well have SOME use).
    You can become gigantic, but - your clothes can't, and as you grow there is a corresponding reduction in density and therefore strength.
    You are stretchy, but - your clothes aren't, and as you stretch, the stretched part gets thinner and correspondingly weak.
    You are hyperintelligent, but - suffer from chronic dyslexia, even inside your own head, meaning all your equations and calculations need to be checked and corrected by someone else who understands them.
    You have telekinesis, but - only enough to lift and move the weight of one pigeon feather.
    You are invulnerable, but - horrifically clumsy, to the extent that you can barely move without breaking something (or someone).
    You have superspeed, but - can only digest food/drink at the same rate as everyone else, and the superspeed is disproportionately high in terms of calorific energy usage. In fact, exponentially so.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

You have superstrength, but - you have brittle bones.
    You can fly, but - no part of you can go above 6' high (still, useful for crossing marshes/ water if you don't mind getting a bit wet - some of these powers might as well have SOME use).
    You can become gigantic, but - your clothes can't, and as you grow there is a corresponding reduction in density and therefore strength.
    You are stretchy, but - your clothes aren't, and as you stretch, the stretched part gets thinner and correspondingly weak.
    You are hyperintelligent, but - suffer from chronic dyslexia, even inside your own head, meaning all your equations and calculations need to be checked and corrected by someone else who understands them.
    You have telekinesis, but - only enough to lift and move the weight of one pigeon feather.
    You are invulnerable, but - horrifically clumsy, to the extent that you can barely move without breaking something (or someone).
    You have superspeed, but - can only digest food/drink at the same rate as everyone else, and the superspeed is disproportionately high in terms of calorific energy usage. In fact, exponentially so.
    I think the powers are actually supposed to be useful. The arbitrary condition that you have to follow or be executed isn't related to that.

Case in point, Spiderman's powers, but you have to walk upside down under pain of death or whatever. No downsides to the power, just an external rule imposed on it's usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    I think the powers are actually supposed to be useful. The arbitrary condition that you have to follow or be executed isn't related to that.

Case in point, Spiderman's powers, but you have to walk upside down under pain of death or whatever. No downsides to the power, just an external rule imposed on it's usage.
    Prezactly. The flight one is pretty good though.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    YOU! You know much of MlP: FiM! I must know something in regards to MlP: FiM slang! And that is...

Where and how exactly did 'plot' come to mean a pony's flank/buttocks?
    People said they "Watched it for the plot" and then trolls started posting pictures of pony butt-shots and saying of course they were watching it for "the plot". Implying it was all a bunch of furries watching it for ponyass.

Also, why is lesbianism in the MlP: FiM called 'filly fooling'?
    Same reason in humans it's called Girl-lovin?

Well OK, it's a little less clear than that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So much symbolism.

Funny thing is, if this was my dream I bet I would know exactly what it meant.
    It means I've been reading too much science fiction with dark themes recently.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Why would you get wet flying 6 feet about a marsh or anything but the ocean when the waves are particularly high?
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

It's been a pretty dry well for video game releases this month. Counting the days until Prototype 2.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.