Page 668 of 668 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668
Results 10,006 to 10,018 of 10018

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyoukai Ramza View Post
    This new... fad... of people posting character pics in RP posts annoys me more than it should. I didn't have a problem with Sharp doing it, since that was his thing, but others doing it just comes of as...

...meh, doesn't matter, since I'm done with RPing and all non-communicative writing FOREVER.
    I'd try to talk you out of quitting, but frankly, if you are put off by a small thing like this, you're obviously not very emotionally invested in the game.

SHR3. Some of the players are adding, hrm, miniaturized versions of their character pics to their posts, for whatever reason, which is something that I've previously only seen Sharp do. And, curiously, it annoys me, unlike when Sharp did it, since, well, to be blunt, it feels more like aping than just a distinguishing habit.
    I'm pretty sure Sharp does it because he's used to RPOL, which has a built-in character portrait feature, as opposed to him trying to be distinct and original.

I know Siriel and Falcon hang out at RPOL as well, so it's not weird they'd picked up the same habit. And in my own defense, I use alterning portraits depending on Eisen's specific mood, so there's sort of a point to it.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-13-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

I sense a disturbance in the force.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Y'know what's interesting about Wheatley?

It actually shows that he's an incredibly powerful A.I. designed with parameters to act as idiotic as possible. He comes up with one or two very solid plans when he can, and is actively frustrated by his own nature, getting really agitated when someone brings it up.

Like his design for the final boss room, which clearly exceeds Glados's personal security but is screwed up by his programming leading to him leaving flaws in the design.

Or his final monologue if you let the time limit run out during the fight so the facility will explode instead of actually fighting him.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

I should add that I do appreciate the mini-character portraits if for no other reason then because it helps me keep track of which character I'm talking to. I'm bad at visualizing characters without actual visual cues and if all I have to go by is text, it takes a while before characters become distinct to me.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-13-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Señor Jykxopykle Daiyoukai Ramza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The fact that you can't even make up your mind for ten minutes is amusing.
    Indeed.

Wait, no it isn't.

...or is it?

To be fair, I felt I hadn't been over-dramatic and hyperbolic about something for a while, so I just added that bit in the first part for the hell of it.

'sides, I haven't written anything non-communicative for over a year--since I dropped out of Codex in, oh, March of last year--so I've technically already gone about doing what I said I'd just started.

...Augustus' bio doesn't count, because I just crapped that out in five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'd try to talk you out of quitting, but frankly, if you are put off by a small thing like this, you're obviously not very emotionally invested in the game.
    Ghost, I try not to get emotionally invested in anything, mostly because I can only experience two emotions: annoyance and BLIND RAGE.

Well, under normal circumstances. I occasionally become slightly--slightly--down in the dumps. Very occasionally.

So yeah, annoyance, blind rage, and sadness. That's pretty much all there is to me, emotionally-speaking.

I'm pretty sure Sharp does it because he's used to RPOL, which has a built-in character portrait feature. So it's more him just being used to it, as opposed to him trying to be original.

I know Siriel and Falcon hang out at RPOL as well, so it's not weird they'd picked up the same habit. And in my own defense, I use alterning portraits depending on Eisen's specific mood, so there's sort of a point to it.
    I just assumed that he did it so that discerning his posts from those of other players would be less of a bother. The RPoL thing makes sense, though.
    Last edited by Daiyoukai Ramza; 05-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding.

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Won the internet twice (and destroyed it once). 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sharp does it because he's used to RPOL, which has a built-in character portrait feature, as opposed to him trying to be distinct and original.
    Did it because I like seeing the character's face in the post, rather than my own avatar. :) It starts the post on the right foot - it's a post about that character, after all, and from their point of view.

:) That RPol does that 'naturally' in games is icing on the Rpol cake. I was linking to pictures of the character back when I was PBP rping on Yahoogroups, lo these many years before my time on Rpol (I think I started back in 1999? 2000?). Obviously I had to use a link, but.

Edit: Admittedly, Rpol has certainly gotten me used to it. :D

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Oh Far you are so entertainingly overpowered.
    "But only in cutscenes."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Entity View Post
    I sense a disturbance in the force.
    *Checks force meter*

"I guess my force meter is broken."

*Calls a repairman*
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Indeed.

Wait, no it isn't.

...or is it?

To be fair, I felt I hadn't been over-dramatic and hyperbolic about something for a while, so I just added that bit in the first part for the hell of it.

'sides, I haven't written anything non-communicative for over a year--since I dropped out of Codex in, oh, March of last year--so I've technically already gone about doing what I said I'd just started.

...Augustus' bio doesn't count, because I just crapped that out in five minutes.

Ghost, I try not to get emotionally invested in anything, mostly because I can only experience two emotions: annoyance and BLIND RAGE.

Well, under normal circumstances. I occasionally become slightly--slightly--down in the dumps. Very occasionally.

So yeah, annoyance, blind rage, and sadness. That's pretty much all there is to me, emotionally-speaking.
    So....

Are you in, or out?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    So....

Are you in, or out?
    I will do what I did with Codex: Keep up it and talk to Miburo/Nik/Yun about it. That's it. Maybe send Cleric some ideas for a mid-game character entrance, but I will never follow through on them, cuz fuck obligations.
    Last edited by Daiyoukai Ramza; 05-13-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

I will do what I did with Codex: Keep up it and talk to Miburo/Nik/Yun about it. That's it. Maybe send Cleric some ideas for a mid-game character entrance, but I will never follow through on them, cuz fuck obligations.
    Aww. You'll have to join in one day.

And you will probably like it. Eventually.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Daiyoukai Ramza! You hold tremendous mild irritation in your heart! Would you join my Lightish Red Lantern Corps?
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The fact that you can't even make up your mind for ten minutes is amusing.
    It's not as fun as you might think.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Aww. You'll have to join in one day.

And you will probably like it. Eventually.
    Maybe, but probably not. I really hate entering a RP in the middle, since all the IC relationships are (relatively) solidified by then, making me feel left out.

;_;