Page 281 of 668 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 10018
  1. #4201
    Prodigal Son Kahnno6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Good morning all!

  2. #4202
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnno6 View Post
    Good morning all!
    Why hello there, how's it going?

    KAAAHNN!!

  3. #4203
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Beadle, somewhat important question for you over on Rpol.
    Ah. My phone's died again, so I can't get on Rpol til later on (and I can't say for certain how MUCH later on - got some pretty important personal stuff to handle this evening). Sorry - d'you want to shift it to PM here, or do you want to wait til later?
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  4. #4204
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnno6 View Post
    Good morning all!
    *hears the Kahn alert*

    What's this?! Kahn has posted again??

    *ahem*

    KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!!!!

    How are you? It's been awhile? :)

  5. #4205
    Moderator Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    50,429

    Default

    Beaten to it. Been a while (again), Kahn. :)

  6. #4206
    Prodigal Son Kahnno6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ah. My phone's died again, so I can't get on Rpol til later on (and I can't say for certain how MUCH later on - got some pretty important personal stuff to handle this evening). Sorry - d'you want to shift it to PM here, or do you want to wait til later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    *hears the Kahn alert*

    What's this?! Kahn has posted again??

    *ahem*

    KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!!!!

    How are you? It's been awhile? :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Beaten to it. Been a while (again), Kahn. :)

    It's nice to know my absence was noted! I'm doing well, thank you all. I've just been VERY busy with work and had next to no free time. How are things around here? I'm not sure how I feel about the new look to the forum...

  7. #4207
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,945

    Default

    I demand to know, Ka.......(insert additional 'a's as appropriate).........hn, why you quoted me in that response!

    I had completely ignored your return, utterly!

    And I shall continue to do so until..... dammit. I'm talking to you, aren't I?

    *grumble, grumble*

    Welcome back then, I suppose...
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  8. #4208
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I demand to know, Ka.......(insert additional 'a's as appropriate).........hn, why you quoted me in that response!

    I had completely ignored your return, utterly!

    And I shall continue to do so until..... dammit. I'm talking to you, aren't I?

    *grumble, grumble*

    Welcome back then, I suppose...
    And he completely ignored Sol's heartfelt welcome to do it

  9. #4209
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    And he completely ignored Sol's heartfelt welcome to do it
    You see? This is how awesome I am. Even me ignoring someone completely is more personal and touching than someone else less awesome (Sorry Sol, but you know... this kinda proves it) actually being polite and kind to them.

    Now I must continue to demonstrate my awesomeness, by having Solomon's smile be more shiny even than Garon's armour.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  10. #4210
    Prodigal Son Kahnno6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I demand to know, Ka.......(insert additional 'a's as appropriate).........hn, why you quoted me in that response!

    I had completely ignored your return, utterly!

    And I shall continue to do so until..... dammit. I'm talking to you, aren't I?

    *grumble, grumble*

    Welcome back then, I suppose...
    Sorry! It was a misclick!

  11. #4211
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnno6 View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the new look to the forum...
    I don't mind the appearance myself, but I'm apparently one of the minority who don't. <_<

    Needless to say, there's probably a good chance you'll have other skins available to choose from eventually.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You see? This is how awesome I am. Even me ignoring someone completely is more personal and touching than someone else less awesome (Sorry Sol, but you know... this kinda proves it) actually being polite and kind to them.
    Nah, what actually happened is that he was so bedazzled by my appearance (seriously, it's in my title) and awed by the fact that *I* actually spoke to him, he misclicked in his excitement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnno6 View Post
    Sorry! It was a misclick!
    See? It's all just a simple misunderstanding.

    Now I must continue to demonstrate my awesomeness, by having Solomon's smile be more shiny even than Garon's armour.
    You're making a character called Solomon, eh?
    Last edited by Sol M; 03-08-2012 at 09:07 AM.

  12. #4212
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    You're making a character called Solomon, eh?
    Created. Past tense.

    Purely by accident, actually. I hadn't read Gaia when I created him and gave him that name. Now it could lead to all sorts of shenanigans.

    Not that Siriel would be that evil, of course.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  13. #4213
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Created. Past tense.

    Purely by accident, actually. I hadn't read Gaia when I created him and gave him that name. Now it could lead to all sorts of shenanigans.
    Ah, I see. Unfortunate. Or maybe not. Could be amusing.

    Not that Siriel would be that evil, of course.
    Of course not. That would be unthinkable. <_<

  14. #4214
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    I finished A Princess of Mars today. It's a rather good adventure story, but I don't really expect the new John Carter movie to stay very faithful to Burroughs' plot. It doesn't strike me as very filmic.

    Also, some of the stuff in there may not suite Disney's style. (Like how Carter plots an assassination of a Marsian dignitary, launches a full scale invasion of said dignitary's nation, and generally kills a boatload on random people, all of it for no other reason then to prevent the dude from marrying his girlfriend. Love was serious business back in ERB's days.)
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  15. #4215
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Imagine if you had a twin and your parents named him Adam Prime and they named you Adam Nobody Cares.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •