Page 510 of 668 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 10014
    CTT Grand High Priest Windrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    wow! you've got great knowledge. Have you been to other comic sites?

Jrnewto is a great addition to the Storm-Goddess site . I enjoy his explanation on Storm's mystical lineage.

Recent vid.....Storm mentiond

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/...-gets-results/

Comments:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/f...results-2.html

Thoughts?

On a sidenote:

4 those who do not know Grace Randolph(in d vid abv) is d writer who created d SUPURBIA comicbuk which is well written, fresh, fascinating & very diverse(race, sexuality & gender).

And its a damn shame dat many of u either cant or refuse 2 support her buk....d nxt issue of SUPURBIA comes-out 2mrw & we urge every reader, lurker & poster 2 chk it out as well as all d earlier issues if it peaks ur interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Quick sketch i did today of the x-men i would have chosen for X-men. Rogue would have her Ms. Marvel powers.
    Attachment 108500
    That looks really great!

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Not much to say about it. We all know movie-Storm was weak sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    And its a damn shame dat many of u either cant or refuse 2 support her buk....d nxt issue of SUPURBIA comes-out 2mrw & we urge every reader, lurker & poster 2 chk it out as well as all d earlier issues if it peaks ur interest.
    Well, she is a big Cyclops fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jrnewto View Post
    While Storm started out life as a common street thief, her lineage is far from humble. Claremont in fact begins planting seeds that she was descended from an ancient line of African sorceresses (obviously inspired by H. Rider Haggard's She which in turn was based upon the real-life dynasty of Rain Queens of Balobedu in South Africa's Limpopo province), and in Uncanny X-Men #160 and the Magik mini-series an alternate Ororo whom Illyana and the X-Men meet in Limbo claims she turned to her magical heritage when her weather-control powers faded with old age. Claremont builds on this plot further by suggesting that this ancient line of sorceresses also possessed Storm's trademark white hair and tampetumus eyes in New Mutants #32, when he has Illyana and Dani Moonstar teleport to Pharaonic Egypt where they are aided by a mystic of high renown who bears an uncanny resemblance to her (including the blue eyes and white hair). This sorceress Ashake ends any doubts fans might have when she tells them she is Ororo's granddaughter many times removed.

Now as to the origin of this mystical heritage, while Claremont never got to complete his plans, the clues have always been RIGHT THERE... and yet none of us saw it, but how in the hell could we have MISSED it?

1. Faltine are entities composed of pure magic energy.

2. Certain ones of them were able to take on human forms, Dormammu and Umar for example.

3. When a Faltine and a mortal procreate, the product of this union results in the child having WHITE HAIR and BLUE EYES, with exceptional magic potential; Clea being the most recent example.

Now we all know Storm's ancestry is priestesses and sorceresses, and they were exceptional magic users, and all those with such power had the tapetumus eyes and white hair.

So has the secret to Storm's magic ancestry, including her tapetumus eyes and white hair, all along been pointing to their being an inherited trait from a Faltine ancestor?

It is interesting that the Shadow King later comments in Uncanny X-Men #265 that Ororo was promised to him long ago by someone, and with Claremont starting to unfurl her mystical heritage is this why he was so despe rate to possess her and had been messing with her life since she was a child? Was he in fact one of her male ancestors and like her Uncle Shetani (from Uncanny X-Men Annual 2006) was denied access to this magical heritage by the tribe's traditions?

The other most interesting hint about her being able to see through magical spells comes in Uncanny X-Men #242 where she notes out of the corner of her eye that the butte that materialises atop the Empire State Building during Inferno is the same one from the other-dimensional Earth she and Forge were exiled to by the Adversary. But wasn't Inferno meant to be instigated by the demons of Limbo and not the Adversary? So what was going on here? It is further interesting that Naze reminisces in Uncanny X-Men #221 how Dormammu using the Grand Canyon as a gate from the Dark Dimension to Earth in Dr. Strange #8 helped enable the Adversary to gain a foothold in our dimension. So is Storm's ability to see through these spells due to their somehow linking with energies left behind by Dormammu's earlier spell and is this due to her being of Faltine heritage?
    Incredible research! I hadn't realized anyone still posted on SG, so I just seen your post over there. I think it all adds up very well and I think you have uncovered Claremont's original concepts for Storm's lineage. Have you actually tried contacted him to see if these were his original plans?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    Continued....

I love how her mutant elemental powers were applied the same way with her Magic. Question though, does this indicate that Storm believes that Thor's way of manipulating the weather is unfavorable to nature? She pointed this out in the Rogue Storm arc when she was about to disperse her hyperstorm.

Comments:

Thoughts?

On a sidenote:

4 those who do not know Grace Randolph(in d vid abv) is d writer who created d SUPURBIA comicbuk which is well written, fresh, fascinating & very diverse(race, sexuality & gender).

Thanks for the video. :)

I think it touched on some really good points. I think the problem may be that people simply don't like buying cheap knockoff of the real thing, so when you have a minority version of the character as a secondary thing, then people won't find it to be as appealing when they can buy the original. As for the Storm and BP marriage, it was handled so badly which was why it wasn't a success. If it had been done right and with much more care/better main writers and more integrated stories with the rest of the MU(instead of some small corner), then it could have been a hit.

I've never heard of SUPURBIA, so I'm assuming the problem with this book is it's lack of popularity/advertizement/publicity. That's another main problem with these sorts of books.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

Comments:

Thoughts?

On a sidenote:

I need a little time to think about this. She covered a lot. This will require more space and time to discuss and I don't have the time.

o

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

That's okay O, I have the time to discuss it...

Wrote a song about it wanna hear it here it go...

It's best that in a Storm thread it be discussed from her perspective as a character featured in the video and the marriage itself.

It is clear to most concerned that Storm nor Marvel hardly ever goes out of their way to solicit sales to a black audience in general.

That changed when Marvel hired Hudlin in what seemed like a great idea then to script "The Wedding of The Century!"

Many bought into that idea while many more shunned the entire concept of the marriage let alone the depictions of Storm within that union.

This lead to infighting, disputes and the eventual spousal brawl annulment resolution of the marriage.

What it also revealed is the depth of the hostility or potential for that hostility to spill over into other things.

Who is to blame for what is not the concern but what has to be of concern is how this spoils the soil for any other black characters to be united under the Marvel umbrella in the future.

Fans have been lost on both sides of the coin making it almost unwelcome for Storm fans in one part of the universe and Black Panther fans in the other part of the universe.

Some even went so far to expose their inner feelings on the matter that had not been known before the marriage.

This is actually a good thing for it tells any fans, unfans or persons in the drivers seat as Hudlin was what to expect if such a thing was revisited ever again.

In order for a plant to grow it must be watered and nurtured in a caring manner that makes it's growth a wanted thing.

If it is placed into a hostile environment it can stunt the growth and possibly discourage future growth from other plants seeking a place to sprout from.

Marvel has a lot of troubleshooting to do with a video like this going public because now people have a track record to check from to see what the outcome can be in the aftermath of such a debacle.

I wonder if things were handled better with Storm as an honorable character would she have blown away the competition in that CBR poll of favorite X-females some of which she lead and trained personally... Lost fans are lost fans be they black or white and this can effect a solo ongoing.

Black people may not be as important to Marvel as the many white fans that paid their bills all these years but as times change and entities move forward it's hard to discount that which mirrors past history and actions that fall under the category of blatancy.

I for one wish Storm as a character the best from afar... Maybe later there will be attempts to make other fans more welcome in the future but as it stands there needs to be a whole lot of healing first and owning up to what became arguably the worst period in both Storm and Black Panther fans history!

Another black marriage by Marvel will be eyed suspiciously for years to come so it may not be the best avenue for them to seek diversity with the current staff and fans still calling the shots!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Gr8t post JRNEWTO I really enjoyed it.
    on the topic of Ororo's magical lineage ,let's not forget that Agamotto is aslo related to her he is one of her ancster and he was the creater of the all seeing eye.

It would have been gr8t if Marvel allowed one of her sons to be the reincarnated Agamotto. And reclaimed the eye. That would be such a cool black character

Quote Originally Posted by StormXPantherQueen View Post
    Gr8t post JRNEWTO I really enjoyed it.
    on the topic of Ororo's magical lineage ,let's not forget that Agamotto is aslo related to her he is one of her ancster and he was the creater of the all seeing eye.
    Well the goddess she worships is Oshtur mother of Agamotto. She is one of the Vishanti and as powerful as her sister Gaia.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    That's okay O, I have the time to discuss it...

Wrote a song about it wanna hear it here it go...

It's best that in a Storm thread it be discussed from her perspective as a character featured in the video and the marriage itself.

It is clear to most concerned that Storm nor Marvel hardly ever goes out of their way to solicit sales to a black audience in general.

That changed when Marvel hired Hudlin in what seemed like a great idea then to script "The Wedding of The Century!"

Many bought into that idea while many more shunned the entire concept of the marriage let alone the depictions of Storm within that union.
    That's because they were bad.

This lead to infighting, disputes and the eventual spousal brawl annulment resolution of the marriage.

What it also revealed is the depth of the hostility or potential for that hostility to spill over into other things.
    Like what? The hostility that many storm fans felt is over and dead. There is no need to be angry now.

Who is to blame for what is not the concern but what has to be of concern is how this spoils the soil for any other black characters to be united under the Marvel umbrella in the future.
    I may be naive here but I don't think it will be that hard to hook up another black couple in the future. Look at Monica and T'challa there was no problem there when that happened. There was nothing but support and even Priest's depiction of Storm being with T'challa wasn't universally panned. If anything folks liked her being written by him.

Fans have been lost on both sides of the coin making it almost unwelcome for Storm fans in one part of the universe and Black Panther fans in the other part of the universe.

Some even went so far to expose their inner feelings on the matter that had not been known before the marriage.

This is actually a good thing for it tells any fans, unfans or persons in the drivers seat as Hudlin was what to expect if such a thing was revisited ever again.

In order for a plant to grow it must be watered and nurtured in a caring manner that makes it's growth a wanted thing.

If it is placed into a hostile environment it can stunt the growth and possibly discourage future growth from other plants seeking a place to sprout from.

Marvel has a lot of troubleshooting to do with a video like this going public because now people have a track record to check from to see what the outcome can be in the aftermath of such a debacle.

I wonder if things were handled better with Storm as an honorable character would she have blown away the competition in that CBR poll of favorite X-females some of which she lead and trained personally... Lost fans are lost fans be they black or white and this can effect a solo ongoing.

Black people may not be as important to Marvel as the many white fans that paid their bills all these years but as times change and entities move forward it's hard to discount that which mirrors past history and actions that fall under the category of blatancy.

I for one wish Storm as a character the best from afar... Maybe later there will be attempts to make other fans more welcome in the future but as it stands there needs to be a whole lot of healing first and owning up to what became arguably the worst period in both Storm and Black Panther fans history!

Another black marriage by Marvel will be eyed suspiciously for years to come so it may not be the best avenue for them to seek diversity with the current staff and fans still calling the shots!
    I agree with a lot of what you have to say here. Suspicision is nothing, it's just that if it's done well then folks will support it, if it's done poorly well you saw what happened with that. Also why do you focus on one poll that that Sage and Emma fans cheated to win? It's not like former Black Panther Storm fans were really going to put her over the top.

Now back to the video.

There was a lot she covered from exposing how slow comics have been to rise up to what the rest of Hollywood already knows. Comic books are mainly written white heterosexual men. This isn't a shock but folks like Claremont came along and shattered that making the X-men the most progressive book at the time. I think she is right. Minority helmed books whether black, Latin or Asian don't see a lot of support for a whole host of reasons. Many times the industry doesn't want to no longer support books that struggle. I think it's hard to keep a book profitable when it only caters to a small niche of folks. It has to be broad which is why I think X-men is going to do so well.

o
    Last edited by Omegastorm; 02-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.

CTT Grand High Priest Windrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Well the goddess she worships is Oshtur mother of Agamotto. She is one of the Vishanti and as powerful as her sister Gaia.

That's because they were bad.

Like what? The hostility that many storm fans felt is over and dead. There is no need to be angry now.

I may be naive here but I don't think it will be that hard to hook up another black couple in the future. Look at Monica and T'challa there was no problem there when that happened. There was nothing but support and even Priest's depiction of Storm being with T'challa wasn't universally panned. If anything folks liked her being written by him.

I agree with a lot of what you have to say here. Suspicision is nothing, it's just that if it's done well then folks will support it, if it's done poorly well you saw what happened with that. Also why do you focus on one poll that that Sage and Emma fans cheated to win? It's not like former Black Panther Storm fans were really going to put her over the top.

Now back to the video.

There was a lot she covered from exposing how slow comics have been to rise up to what the rest of Hollywood already knows. Comic books are mainly written white heterosexual men. This isn't a shock but folks like Claremont came along and shattered that making the X-men the most progressive book at the time. I think she is right. Minority helmed books whether black, Latin or Asian don't see a lot of support for a whole host of reasons. Many times the industry doesn't want to no longer support books that struggle. I think it's hard to keep a book profitable when it only caters to a small niche of folks. It has to be broad which is why I think X-men is going to do so well.

o
    Agreed. I think WE know why some people are bringing up that beyond obviously hacked poll (I guess there is no expiration date on bitter ). And agreed on your comments about the video and the potential success of Wood's X-Men. And let's pray it goes back to and stays bi-weekly (I got it right this time ).

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Adrian Alphona is going to do some art for UXF.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/0...medium=twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Alphona draws a great Storm.

http://browsethestacks.tumblr.com/post/32384028495

I like what I've seen so far of his art.
    Enjoy!

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Great response O,

But I have to disagree with the hacked poll part until CSI type proof is presented to confirm that Sage fans have the tech available to pull something like that off... Wakanda Design Group tech perhaps?

And as far as anyone being over something that is dead the recent past as well as the long ago past is still relevant on the sliding timescale record.

Just as you bring up Claremont who has long since moved on so too does the woman in the video bring up the marriage which was only just last year and very relevant to the topic as it concerns Storm and black character development.

The problem here is had not Storm and Black Panther been joined together many of us would not have started out on the wrong foot but since they were joined together it was like that Curb Your Enthusiasm story arc where Larry got divorced and friends started picking whose side they would continue on in friendship.

Me and you would probably have been more friendlier as fans of Storm and even I as a TROLL have to appreciate the craziness that Val has shown.

But what the marriage did expose was the racism that is still apparent in the house that Stan Lee built by certain "Architects" and fans of Storm/Black Panther and even you have to admit that a lot of it was unhealthy for what super heroes are truly meant to stand for.

What the woman exposed in that video was outside of the realm of back and forth TROLLING at CBR but into something that could harm the Marvel universe if boycotts are called for as they investigated it further.

Storm is a high profile black character used as a show of faith that diversity is possible for fictional characters but an outside objective opinion like that was shown in that video could very well effect the industry now being pulled into the Hollywood politically correct high revenue generating movies.

The X-franchise in movies kills off Darwin and has no real highly visible black characters other than background eye candy Storm meanwhile Spiderman goes Jamie Foxx, Avengers goes Samuel Jackson and Batman has Lucius Fox making tech for a man whose family had the Batcave serve as an Underground Railroad for runaway slaves.

Me and you can agree to avoid each others threads as a way to keep peace among the fans but I think as more and more persons outside the standard demographic get a hold on these topics this could hurt Storm more than you think... It's beyond the Black Panther and Storm appreciation threads and now in the targeted sights of investigative reporting who hold no allegiance to either fan base and only state the facts.

A white girl just said "Poorly handled marriage" not a black guy from the Black Panther thread... This is serious now.

Who else will cover this topic and be more thorough in the future is out of our hands.
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Great response O,

But I have to disagree with the hacked poll part until CSI type proof is presented to confirm that Sage fans have the tech available to pull something like that off... Wakanda Design Group tech perhaps?
    The proof is the poll itself, I mean seriously that many Polaris fans? ROFLMAO. No

And as far as anyone being over something that is dead the recent past as well as the long ago past is still relevant on the sliding timescale record.
    I was talking about Storm fans. Most of us are over what happened. Now BP fans I can see why that might not be the case of some of you. But for the most part everyone has moved on.

Just as you bring up Claremont who has long since moved on so too does the woman in the video bring up the marriage which was only just last year and very relevant to the topic as it concerns Storm and black character development.
    Here's the thing about black character development. Storm didn't need to marry T'challa to be black and he didn't need to marry her to show black love. You act as if that's what needed to happen, it didn't. If they had spent more time telling a great story and depicted Storm better we would have supported it more. I wanted her with T'challa when Priest wrote them.

The problem here is had not Storm and Black Panther been joined together many of us would not have started out on the wrong foot but since they were joined together it was like that Curb Your Enthusiasm story arc where Larry got divorced and friends started picking whose side they would continue on in friendship.

Me and you would probably have been more friendlier as fans of Storm and even I as a TROLL have to appreciate the craziness that Val has shown.
    If you had seen Val earlier you would have loved that. Trust me she's toned down a lot.

But what the marriage did expose was the racism that is still apparent in the house that Stan Lee built by certain "Architects" and fans of Storm/Black Panther and even you have to admit that a lot of it was unhealthy for what super heroes are truly meant to stand for.
    You mean Aaron, cmon you can say his name. If you are referring to him and I am not sure you are but I think you are referring to him. He wrote a great mini about T'challa that you loved. So how does that work? He writes a strong male driven story that highlights and celebrates him and his prowess and downplays Storm. THen he waters her down a little more and begins the trolling that is his most recent portrayal.

What the woman exposed in that video was outside of the realm of back and forth TROLLING at CBR but into something that could harm the Marvel universe if boycotts are called for as they investigated it further.
    You and I both know that isn't going to happen. There are not enough folks that would boycott with the clout to bring thousands away from comics.

Storm is a high profile black character used as a show of faith that diversity is possible for fictional characters but an outside objective opinion like that was shown in that video could very well effect the industry now being pulled into the Hollywood politically correct high revenue generating movies.
    You and I both know it really won't. Do You think she's the first person to say that or that these conversations have not been had before?

The X-franchise in movies kills off Darwin and has no real highly visible black characters other than background eye candy Storm meanwhile Spiderman goes Jamie Foxx, Avengers goes Samuel Jackson and Batman has Lucius Fox making tech for a man whose family had the Batcave serve as an Underground Railroad for runaway slaves.
    Seriously? Eye candy, eye candy doesn't become headmistress and save the world in the second and third film. Just saying, it may not have been developed well but the X-men films were not afraid to put a black woman in charge of the school. So let's just stick to the facts instead of your opinion.

Me and you can agree to avoid each others threads as a way to keep peace among the fans but I think as more and more persons outside the standard demographic get a hold on these topics this could hurt Storm more than you think... It's beyond the Black Panther and Storm appreciation threads and now in the targeted sights of investigative reporting who hold no allegiance to either fan base and only state the facts.

A white girl just said "Poorly handled marriage" not a black guy from the Black Panther thread... This is serious now.

Who else will cover this topic and be more thorough in the future is out of our hands.
    NO it's not serious now. Every fanbase all agreed from the beginning that this marriage was handled poorly. This will have no effect on anything you think. There will be no ball rolling because one white woman has an opinion. It's going to take a lot more than that and Storm is doing fine. She's starring in two books and is in supporting roles for at least two or three more. Storm is going to be doing fine. We have Wood writing her for the forseable future and Humphries actually gets it. The problem is that we have to have a conversation that includes gender. What the marriage and it's demise revealed what Storm fans have already known. Misogny doesn't just exist in one segment of the comic book reading populace. It's a problem that was not even touched upon. Race should be a focus, but it's not the only one.

o

Comments:

Thoughts?

On a sidenote:

thanks for sharing. I'll be chekcing on the video later.

i'm also gonna check bleedingcool.
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!