Page 509 of 668 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    Also, RLAAMJR you don't have to triple post just to make the thread seem active...
    Agreed, even double posting isn't great, if you want to reply to something else and no one has replied since you posted, just edit your posts. I usually merge them but I don't mind just deleting as well.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    Agreed, even double posting isn't great, if you want to reply to something else and no one has replied since you posted, just edit your posts. I usually merge them but I don't mind just deleting as well.
    ok. sorry. i'm not really used to multiquoting because when i do that, and then when i have to reply again with a different post, the site wouldn't automatically uncheck the previous posts i have multiquoted.
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

I like that X-men cover, but I'm still impatient to see another Coipel cover.

CTT Grand High Priest Windrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I like that X-men cover, but I'm still impatient to see another Coipel cover.
    Same here. Any cover they choose for a variant should rival Coipel's appeal in some way. He is one of my favorite artists and I don't think most artist work are as visually appealing IMHO (though some are), but this alternate cover is not coming over very cover-esque. It looks likes interior art.

I hope to see a Mark Brooke Art! : )
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider View Post
    Same here. Any cover they choose for a variant should rival Coipel's appeal in some way. He is one of my favorite artists and I don't think most artist work are as visually appealing IMHO (though some are), but this alternate cover is not coming over very cover-esque. It looks likes interior art.
    I hadn't thought of it that way before but it really does look more like interior art. It looks like the team split up during a battle and this is the page recapping what each is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I hope to see a Mark Brooke Art! : )
    I would love to see some art from him too.

While Storm started out life as a common street thief, her lineage is far from humble. Claremont in fact begins planting seeds that she was descended from an ancient line of African sorceresses (obviously inspired by H. Rider Haggard's She which in turn was based upon the real-life dynasty of Rain Queens of Balobedu in South Africa's Limpopo province), and in Uncanny X-Men #160 and the Magik mini-series an alternate Ororo whom Illyana and the X-Men meet in Limbo claims she turned to her magical heritage when her weather-control powers faded with old age. Claremont builds on this plot further by suggesting that this ancient line of sorceresses also possessed Storm's trademark white hair and tampetumus eyes in New Mutants #32, when he has Illyana and Dani Moonstar teleport to Pharaonic Egypt where they are aided by a mystic of high renown who bears an uncanny resemblance to her (including the blue eyes and white hair). This sorceress Ashake ends any doubts fans might have when she tells them she is Ororo's granddaughter many times removed.

Now as to the origin of this mystical heritage, while Claremont never got to complete his plans, the clues have always been RIGHT THERE... and yet none of us saw it, but how in the hell could we have MISSED it?

1. Faltine are entities composed of pure magic energy.

2. Certain ones of them were able to take on human forms, Dormammu and Umar for example.

3. When a Faltine and a mortal procreate, the product of this union results in the child having WHITE HAIR and BLUE EYES, with exceptional magic potential; Clea being the most recent example.

Now we all know Storm's ancestry is priestesses and sorceresses, and they were exceptional magic users, and all those with such power had the tapetumus eyes and white hair.

So has the secret to Storm's magic ancestry, including her tapetumus eyes and white hair, all along been pointing to their being an inherited trait from a Faltine ancestor?

It is interesting that the Shadow King later comments in Uncanny X-Men #265 that Ororo was promised to him long ago by someone, and with Claremont starting to unfurl her mystical heritage is this why he was so despe rate to possess her and had been messing with her life since she was a child? Was he in fact one of her male ancestors and like her Uncle Shetani (from Uncanny X-Men Annual 2006) was denied access to this magical heritage by the tribe's traditions?

The other most interesting hint about her being able to see through magical spells comes in Uncanny X-Men #242 where she notes out of the corner of her eye that the butte that materialises atop the Empire State Building during Inferno is the same one from the other-dimensional Earth she and Forge were exiled to by the Adversary. But wasn't Inferno meant to be instigated by the demons of Limbo and not the Adversary? So what was going on here? It is further interesting that Naze reminisces in Uncanny X-Men #221 how Dormammu using the Grand Canyon as a gate from the Dark Dimension to Earth in Dr. Strange #8 helped enable the Adversary to gain a foothold in our dimension. So is Storm's ability to see through these spells due to their somehow linking with energies left behind by Dormammu's earlier spell and is this due to her being of Faltine heritage?

I must say that your explanation is really convincing, but the sad part is I haven't read all the issues you've mentioned. If only I had, I could've made a more informed response to the points you've made. :(
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

I know some of you guys don't know this but Limbo Storm was actually Magik's teacher when it came to white magic.....

Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

Continued....

Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

You just made my whole day. Best mini ever.

o

Quote Originally Posted by jrnewto View Post
    While Storm started out life as a common street thief, her lineage is far from humble. Claremont in fact begins planting seeds that she was descended from an ancient line of African sorceresses (obviously inspired by H. Rider Haggard's She which in turn was based upon the real-life dynasty of Rain Queens of Balobedu in South Africa's Limpopo province), and in Uncanny X-Men #160 and the Magik mini-series an alternate Ororo whom Illyana and the X-Men meet in Limbo claims she turned to her magical heritage when her weather-control powers faded with old age. Claremont builds on this plot further by suggesting that this ancient line of sorceresses also possessed Storm's trademark white hair and tampetumus eyes in New Mutants #32, when he has Illyana and Dani Moonstar teleport to Pharaonic Egypt where they are aided by a mystic of high renown who bears an uncanny resemblance to her (including the blue eyes and white hair). This sorceress Ashake ends any doubts fans might have when she tells them she is Ororo's granddaughter many times removed.

Now as to the origin of this mystical heritage, while Claremont never got to complete his plans, the clues have always been RIGHT THERE... and yet none of us saw it, but how in the hell could we have MISSED it?

1. Faltine are entities composed of pure magic energy.

2. Certain ones of them were able to take on human forms, Dormammu and Umar for example.

3. When a Faltine and a mortal procreate, the product of this union results in the child having WHITE HAIR and BLUE EYES, with exceptional magic potential; Clea being the most recent example.

Now we all know Storm's ancestry is priestesses and sorceresses, and they were exceptional magic users, and all those with such power had the tapetumus eyes and white hair.

So has the secret to Storm's magic ancestry, including her tapetumus eyes and white hair, all along been pointing to their being an inherited trait from a Faltine ancestor?

It is interesting that the Shadow King later comments in Uncanny X-Men #265 that Ororo was promised to him long ago by someone, and with Claremont starting to unfurl her mystical heritage is this why he was so despe rate to possess her and had been messing with her life since she was a child? Was he in fact one of her male ancestors and like her Uncle Shetani (from Uncanny X-Men Annual 2006) was denied access to this magical heritage by the tribe's traditions?

The other most interesting hint about her being able to see through magical spells comes in Uncanny X-Men #242 where she notes out of the corner of her eye that the butte that materialises atop the Empire State Building during Inferno is the same one from the other-dimensional Earth she and Forge were exiled to by the Adversary. But wasn't Inferno meant to be instigated by the demons of Limbo and not the Adversary? So what was going on here? It is further interesting that Naze reminisces in Uncanny X-Men #221 how Dormammu using the Grand Canyon as a gate from the Dark Dimension to Earth in Dr. Strange #8 helped enable the Adversary to gain a foothold in our dimension. So is Storm's ability to see through these spells due to their somehow linking with energies left behind by Dormammu's earlier spell and is this due to her being of Faltine heritage?

wow! you've got great knowledge. Have you been to other comic sites?

Thanks LordAllmighty though it's not for me because i have the graphic novel of it, but it's for others who don't have a copy of it.

Quick sketch i did today of the x-men i would have chosen for X-men. Rogue would have her Ms. Marvel powers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmen1x.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	108500

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Quick sketch i did today of the x-men i would have chosen for X-men. Rogue would have her Ms. Marvel powers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmen1x.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	108500
    this is a nice sketch!