Page 472 of 668 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 10014
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalx View Post
    so someone in the XX thread said that they thought rogue was more popular than storm and that ororo couldnt carry a title like legacy the way she did. I obviously disagree but does he have a point? I think in recent years going back to late 90s almost writers just have been lazy with storm or didnt put a lot of thought into what to do with her. I think her current state of mind and everything that has happened after AVX would make her a great candidate for a solo series today. If that fat cow Captain Marvel can hold a title ororo certainly can...
    The haters are getting riled up because Storm is no longer the witless mascot of the horrible catsuitman and have realized she's taking over the entire X-U just like before. They're going to attack and keep saying she's irrelevant when the evidence to the contrary is right in front of their eyes. Let them die in their bile as the All-Goddess rises again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    X-factor #102

Originally provided by Windrider
    As always weather god thank you, don't know why i didnt simply ask here .
    Baby you don't see nothing,
    You must be blind, out your mind,I see something.
    I see us so clearly, it's like 20/20.
    I see us in love, like the people on TV.
    I see us in 3D.... I see us in 3D.

so someone in the XX thread said that they thought rogue was more popular than storm and that ororo couldnt carry a title like legacy the way she did. I obviously disagree but does he have a point? I think in recent years going back to late 90s almost writers just have been lazy with storm or didnt put a lot of thought into what to do with her. I think her current state of mind and everything that has happened after AVX would make her a great candidate for a solo series today. If that fat cow Captain Marvel can hold a title ororo certainly can...
    They are reaching. She's the queen pf the Marvel universe and marvel's Wonder Woman. Even with her rock bottom playing second fiddle to black panther, she's still more relevant than any other X-woman outside of tje comics.

She's still the flagship female superhero in the media, someone who is actually not riding the coattails of a successful movie because it happens to be produced amazingly.

If Rogue is so popular, then where the hell is she in Marvel Heroes? She can just dream the relevance Storm has in terms of pop culture exposure. And her appearances right now in the actual comics are adding more salt to their wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    The haters are getting riled up because Storm is no longer the witless mascot of the horrible catsuitman and have realized she's taking over the entire X-U just like before. They're going to attack and keep saying she's irrelevant when the evidence to the contrary is right in front of their eyes. Let them die in their bile as the All-Goddess rises again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    They are reaching. She's the queen pf the Marvel universe and marvel's Wonder Woman. Even with her rock bottom playing second fiddle to black panther, she's still more relevant than any other X-woman outside of tje comics.

She's still the flagship female superhero in the media, someone who is actually not riding the coattails of a successful movie because it happens to be produced amazingly.

If Rogue is so popular, then where the hell is she in Marvel Heroes? She can just dream the relevance Storm has in terms of pop culture exposure. And her appearances right now in the actual comics are adding more salt to their wounds.
    What these two said, chemicalx.
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

Rogue was the focus of the story but the book was still a X-title, so sells were guarantee. As for Ms. Marvel, giving her sells, I don't see her book lasting to much longer. Just saying.
    Last edited by LordAllMighty; 01-09-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

I know this is way past due, but better late than never. I figured I'd give you a teaser to hold you over...

Deemed one part of the threesome that is the X-Forum's X-Fashionistas by RolandJP - December 14, 2010

Semi-Annual Wig Toss Champion-2013

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    They are reaching. She's the queen pf the Marvel universe
    And has been for since her debut into comics.

With her worst era behind her she will continue to have hold over that title.

As for Ms. Marvel I really don't have much to say about her since there isn't much to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    I know this is way past due, but better late than never. I figured I'd give you a teaser to hold you over...

You still got time, it's my birthday month. So this will do for now but if this goes on for longer than a week, I will send out the hounds.

o

Hot! I'm loving your approach on this Shade, a wonderful progression of your style! What program are you using for this?
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Hold up...

Did the High Priestess of The CTT use the word "Haters" like one of them colored folks do?

I tell ya she is getting blacker by the minute if you count that drunken "Ebony Goddess" rant a ways back!

It's a matter of time before one of her parents sits her down for that deep dark ("I'm black) secret!

See how she misses that "Catsuit Man" when everybody else has moved on... Hmmm?

Anywho...

Shade your work is getting sexier by the post keep up the seductive work!

O, I'm glad to see you survived your birthday as well as the Mayan calendar disaster so in honor of your born month I'll keep the TROLLING to a bare minimal!

So what exactly is the game plan for Storm Goddess long term?
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post

All l hear in the back of my head is "Work it, Girl!!!".
    Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

O, I can't believe I missed your birthday. Happy belated, boi!

Shade, you know I'm lovin it! Damn, that's a sexy get-up! I love how you broke up the all white with a dash of red. WERK!

And to all my fellow Storm fans, the lettered preview pages for UXF #1 are finally up! Yay for us!
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

Storm carrying a solo has far more to do with how Marvel intends to use her. Look at Wolverine. What made him have a successful solo title was how Marvel connected him to the MU outside of the X-Men. His links to Captain America, the Hulk, Nick Fury and SHIELD, the one-shot with Spiderman and so on built up his reputation out side the X-verse. They continually limit her to the world of X-Men and even when she married BP, they failed to capitalize on that by having her appear in other titles(FF being the only one). Her 3 issue stint as an Avengers was a joke.

Storm should have been appearing in titles like Thor, the Avengers, SHIELD, FF, Iron Man and Black Panther on a regular basis to give her more exposure to people who don't read the X-Books. This would have been the beginning of building a base of connections for her to the rest of the MU and have her dealing with more than just mutant villains and issues.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

BANNED

she's angry about it ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    O, I can't believe I missed your birthday. Happy belated, boi!

Shade, you know I'm lovin it! Damn, that's a sexy get-up! I love how you broke up the all white with a dash of red. WERK!
    Thank you brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post

she's angry about it ^_^
    Pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Storm carrying a solo has far more to do with how Marvel intends to use her. Look at Wolverine. What made him have a successful solo title was how Marvel connected him to the MU outside of the X-Men. His links to Captain America, the Hulk, Nick Fury and SHIELD, the one-shot with Spiderman and so on built up his reputation out side the X-verse. They continually limit her to the world of X-Men and even when she married BP, they failed to capitalize on that by having her appear in other titles(FF being the only one). Her 3 issue stint as an Avengers was a joke.

Storm should have been appearing in titles like Thor, the Avengers, SHIELD, FF, Iron Man and Black Panther on a regular basis to give her more exposure to people who don't read the X-Books. This would have been the beginning of building a base of connections for her to the rest of the MU and have her dealing with more than just mutant villains and issues.
    Logan's solo was always under the X banner and his influences and connections grew from that. Storm already has been part of all three major franchises. She really doesn't need to build up more to build that. They need to do what they did for Logan and create compelling stories for her to excel in.

o