Page 452 of 668 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 10014
  1. #6766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    The only way that last part could be true is if you ignored one simple thing. T'challa was the aggressor first. He attacked first with no regard for his wife. Storm retaliated and overdid it. I agree, I personally don't like that Storm punched him in the face, but I really do like what she said. It's what many of this thread believed for years.

    o
    Actually Scott threw the first punch making the X-men the aggressors (Cap is not exempt of blame either, you dont show up on someones doorstep like that). Tchalla was there doing what Avengers do, back up their own same with Ro and the X-Men. Your trying to pit the entire actions of the Avengers on Tchalla and also pitting the actions of the X-Men on Ro.

    What was it that Storm said that you agreed with?

  2. #6767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    The only way that last part could be true is if you ignored one simple thing. T'challa was the aggressor first. He attacked first with no regard for his wife. Storm retaliated and overdid it. I agree, I personally don't like that Storm punched him in the face, but I really do like what she said. It's what many of this thread believed for years.

    o
    She didn't punch him in the face until she found out he had a contingency plan for her all along. It was never because of the Hope situation. That was only part of it. So it's well within character considering she's reacted this way before. People are just looking for ways to rub dirt on her when it's clear her ex husband was the one in the clear wrong. She has broken the laws of Wakanda before to save people, so that doesn't matter either...
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

  3. #6768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    She didn't punch him in the face until she found out he had a contingency plan for her all along. It was never because of the Hope situation. That was only part of it. So it's well within character considering she's reacted this way before. People are just looking for ways to rub dirt on her when it's clear her ex husband was the one in the clear wrong. She has broken the laws of Wakanda before to save people, so that doesn't matter either...
    She married the Black Panther! How do you not expect him to have a contingency plan when he probably has one for himself!

    And I'm not trying to throw dirt on Storm. The writers did that and that's been the point of my post.

  4. #6769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    She married the Black Panther! How do you not expect him to have a contingency plan when he probably has one for himself!

    And I'm not trying to throw dirt on Storm. The writers did that and that's been the point of my post.
    The writer didn't do any thing of the sort, you've just been looking for ways in which to fault her for something she clearly had no control over, which the exact opposite can be said for T'Challa in FULL. I would expect him to have a contingency plan considering he's the Black Panther, but I would never suspect that the person I loved and married would make one behind my back. So why would Storm be any different? Even if it was to be expected, it is still a pretty hurtful thing to do to the one person you are suppose to trust unconditionally.
    Last edited by The Weather God; 12-16-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

  5. #6770
    Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    I really hope that Uncanny X-Force isn't about Storm and the others hunting down Bishop to kill him. Being that Storm was Bishop's forst friend after arriving here, I'd hate to see that this is what the book will be about. I'd actually like it if the arrived in Bishop's timeline where Hope actually did kill millions and now are working with Bishop to prevent it from happening. If not, I hope he kills them all.
    I'd like to see them hunt Bishop for a bit, but I'd rather it lead to some redemption. The conflict that would arise from accepteing him back into the fold could be really fun. I'd also love to see Storm making some waves by endorsing it. Regardless of how it plays out, I'm very excited about the book and Bishop's return.

  6. #6771
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Also makes the run in with Cable and X-force way more interesting.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  7. #6772
    Veteran Member Omegastorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Actually Scott threw the first punch making the X-men the aggressors (Cap is not exempt of blame either, you dont show up on someones doorstep like that). Tchalla was there doing what Avengers do, back up their own same with Ro and the X-Men. Your trying to pit the entire actions of the Avengers on Tchalla and also pitting the actions of the X-Men on Ro.

    What was it that Storm said that you agreed with?
    Actually I am not trying to do that at all. I have made no argument making that point. I am making one point and one point only. T'challa should have never invaded Utopia in the first place frak Steve and his stupidity. T'challa isn't responsible for Tony's dumbass idea to blow up the Phoenix. T'challa isn't responsible for Steve's decision to invade. He is responsible for choosing to invade himself and take on the X-men. That's what he is culpable for. This is why I say he invaded first. He did with no concern for how that would impact his marriage. That's on him. Storm escalated that by attacking him on Wakandan soil. I find that not just troublesome but really damaging overall to Storm. She now has a deeper pattern of domestic violence than has been talked about in this thread. Her stabbing Forge in the heart to save everything is a complex idea to adjudicate. Her attacking her husband and punching him doesn't look good. I am not ok with it at all, never have been.

    BUt I am ok with what she said. She said he was a bad husband. It's true. I don't know if you want me to repeat all the critiques X-fans said over the years but there are a lot.

    o

  8. #6773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Actually I am not trying to do that at all. I have made no argument making that point. I am making one point and one point only. T'challa should have never invaded Utopia in the first place frak Steve and his stupidity. T'challa isn't responsible for Tony's dumbass idea to blow up the Phoenix. T'challa isn't responsible for Steve's decision to invade. He is responsible for choosing to invade himself and take on the X-men. That's what he is culpable for. This is why I say he invaded first. He did with no concern for how that would impact his marriage. That's on him. Storm escalated that by attacking him on Wakandan soil. I find that not just troublesome but really damaging overall to Storm. She now has a deeper pattern of domestic violence than has been talked about in this thread. Her stabbing Forge in the heart to save everything is a complex idea to adjudicate. Her attacking her husband and punching him doesn't look good. I am not ok with it at all, never have been.

    BUt I am ok with what she said. She said he was a bad husband. It's true. I don't know if you want me to repeat all the critiques X-fans said over the years but there are a lot.

    o
    I think his actions for invading Utopia were justified considering he had the vision. The only problem I see in his actions was that he never once consulted Storm with this course of action. She was the Queen and his wife; with one of the closest ties to the X-men. This would have instantly persuaded her to change her course of actions and probably side with her husband and the Avengers if Cyclops didn't take a different course of action with Hope.

    I think you are looking too far into the domestic violence stuff. The woman was pushed way over the edge after how much crap that she's been putting up with from him? Being lied to and ignored for several months, bickered at if she tried to see him, and then attacking her other family and people behind her back and plotting to take even her down if she got involved. It's more of a wonder she hadn't done a single thing to him up until that point...

    All of her other attacks on the people that she loved were well justified as well. She may be the kind and nurturing type, but it is a well known fact that this isn't her only side. Push her, and she'll surprise you.
    Last edited by The Weather God; 12-16-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

  9. #6774
    Veteran Member Omegastorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    I think his actions for invading Utopia were justified considering he had the vision. The only problem I see in his actions was that he never once consulted Storm with this course of action. She was the Queen and his wife; with one of the closest ties to the X-men. This would have instantly persuaded her to change her course of actions and probably side with her husband and the Avengers if Cyclops didn't take a different course of action with Hope.

    I think you are looking too far into the domestic violence stuff. The woman was pushed way over the edge after how much crap that she's been putting up with from him? Being lied to and ignored for several months, bickered at if she tried to see him, and then attacking her other family and people behind her back and plotting to take even her down if she got involved. It's more of a wonder she hadn't done a single thing to him up until that point...

    All of her other attacks on the people that she loved were well justified as well. She may be the kind and nurturing type, but it is a well known fact that this isn't her only side. Push her, and she'll surprise you.
    I don't think they were justified at all. You and I will have to agree to disagree on that. There was no justification for him going there and fighting, none whatsoever. I find Steve's entire rational in invading stupid and dumb. But that's Steve for you. I agree with everything else. T'challa earned Storm going off on him but I don't think her hitting her husband over all that went through was justified. Storm was pushed way too far by T'challa, we all agree with that. I just don't think her response as a mature woman would have been to hit him and humiliate him like that.

    o

  10. #6775
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    I'd like to see them hunt Bishop for a bit, but I'd rather it lead to some redemption. The conflict that would arise from accepteing him back into the fold could be really fun. I'd also love to see Storm making some waves by endorsing it. Regardless of how it plays out, I'm very excited about the book and Bishop's return.
    You're looking for another Schism then. Outside of Storm and the rest of the X-Force team currently with her, I don't see too many welcoming him back with open arms. But what would be even more ironic is if Hope was one of the ones who accepted him.

    I think they should have reformed the old X-Treme X-Men team to go after Bishop. That's the team where he was closest and seemd to fit in the most. I think between Storm and Sage, who really had a good relationship with Bishop, they could have made your scenario work.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  11. #6776
    Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    You're looking for another Schism then. Outside of Storm and the rest of the X-Force team currently with her, I don't see too many welcoming him back with open arms. But what would be even more ironic is if Hope was one of the ones who accepted him.

    I think they should have reformed the old X-Treme X-Men team to go after Bishop. That's the team where he was closest and seemd to fit in the most. I think between Storm and Sage, who really had a good relationship with Bishop, they could have made your scenario work.
    No, I'm not looking for another schism. I'm looking for more Bishop and a more assertive Storm. There've been enough schisms at this point.

  12. #6777
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    No, I'm not looking for another schism. I'm looking for more Bishop and a more assertive Storm. There've been enough schisms at this point.
    I gotta agree I've had enough of schisms myself

  13. #6778
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    No, I'm not looking for another schism. I'm looking for more Bishop and a more assertive Storm. There've been enough schisms at this point.
    That's what it would become however. Thoe who would accept him and those who wouldn't. I'm sure that Storm could pusuade alot of people to accept Bishop again but there are alot who won't and probably wouldn't want to be on the same team with him.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  14. #6779
    Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    That's what it would become however. Thoe who would accept him and those who wouldn't. I'm sure that Storm could pusuade alot of people to accept Bishop again but there are alot who won't and probably wouldn't want to be on the same team with him.
    Things only become what the writers make them.

  15. #6780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I don't think they were justified at all. You and I will have to agree to disagree on that. There was no justification for him going there and fighting, none whatsoever. I find Steve's entire rational in invading stupid and dumb. But that's Steve for you. I agree with everything else. T'challa earned Storm going off on him but I don't think her hitting her husband over all that went through was justified. Storm was pushed way too far by T'challa, we all agree with that. I just don't think her response as a mature woman would have been to hit him and humiliate him like that.

    o
    It was justified, he had knowledge given to him by his God that a Phoenix wielder would destroy his country(Hope was the only one at the time he found this out, when the X-men and his wife had been keeping it a secret), it has absolutely nothing to do with Steve's rational. If anything was justified in what he did, it would most certainly be that. He was protecting his country and his people, but there could have been better ways in which he could have dealt with it. Much less aggressive ways, which is what I have the most problems with.

    Didn't he humiliate her first by banishing her powers and pretending she was the one doing wrong in the first place? There was nothing immature about her going off and reacting the way that she did. She was hurt and he got under her skin. It doesn't fit in her personality to allow so much to happen to her without retaliating one time or another. It was well within character and she had very good reason. You make it seem like it was something petty, when the things that he was doing to her were very serious.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •