Page 449 of 668 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 10014
  1. #6721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    I would again love to ECHO the fact that Storm NEVER officially aligned herself with ANYONE! She helped the X-men when the Avengers busted into their island and she helped the Avengers when she found that the Phoenix Five were housing Avenger prisoners in a Limbo hell prison. She was NOT apart of the Phoenix Five nor the Avengers meetings. It was clear that she helped whomever she felt was was being done wrong BUT had wanted to resolve the conflict WITHOUT fighting. She asked both Cyclops and her husband to talk it out, neither one of them listened! So I don't care what anyone else says, Storm did NO wrong in AVX!
    She did kind of align herself when she chose to fight T'Challa in that one on one. I don't think Storm did as much as some are saying, but both characters could have handled the situation better. But it was a hard situation for both. I don't think T'Challa should have gotten that involved at all, as he's usually smarter than that. But I think AVX was an out of character farce all around anyway.

    Unfortunately, i think some BP fans thought she should have been totally loyal to Wakanda as its queen, while X-fans want her to be totally loyal to the Xmen, (and she somewhat should be) which has always been the issue with the union. But yeah, Storm did ask them to talk and tried to stop the fighting, to her credit. And that's in character.

    I like that preview for AVX consequences...I like that Panther is chasing her and arguing about her questioning his feelings for her. it shows that he does care and is explaining why he had to do what he did. Its a great scene, and I hope both characters get some proper closure out of it.

  2. #6722
    CTT Grand High Priest Windrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    She did kind of align herself when she chose to fight T'Challa in that one on one. I don't think Storm did as much as some are saying, but both characters could have handled the situation better. But it was a hard situation for both. I don't think T'Challa should have gotten that involved at all, as he's usually smarter than that. But I think AVX was an out of character farce all around anyway.

    Unfortunately, i think some BP fans thought she should have been totally loyal to Wakanda as its queen, while X-fans want her to be totally loyal to the Xmen, (and she somewhat should be) which has always been the issue with the union. But yeah, Storm did ask them to talk and tried to stop the fighting, to her credit. And that's in character.

    I like that preview for AVX consequences...I like that Panther is chasing her and arguing about her questioning his feelings for her. it shows that he does care and is explaining why he had to do what he did. Its a great scene, and I hope both characters get some proper closure out of it.
    No Storm did not align herself to either side really. Both T'Challa's and Scott's actions made her choices clear. She tried to convince both Cyclops and T'Challa to discuss the issue and to end it peacefully before any real fighting happened. She asked T'Challa to help her end the conflict and he told her that the time for conversation was over. He made it clear that there was no reasoning he would take that would change his position, and that made Storm's choice in that part of the fight clear. Storm would do what she thinks is right, and she did, no matter who was on what side of the battle. By the time she and BP squared off in the Vs book I would have preferred a discussion between them vs a fight, but BP already made it clear that he wasn't up for a talk, and Storm would not allow Hope to be held against her will, even if it is in Wakanda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    I love how riled up they get about the race thing. It really makes me laugh a lot.
    IKR . "Forget my prescription for Zoloft. If all else fails I'll just say she isn't black and her fans are racists until I feel better."

  3. #6723
    Senior Member butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Windrider View Post
    No Storm did not align herself to either side really. Both T'Challa's and Scott's actions made her choices clear. She tried to convince both Cyclops and T'Challa to discuss the issue and to end it peacefully before any real fighting happened. She asked T'Challa to help her end the conflict and he told her that the time for conversation was over. He made it clear that there was no reasoning he would take that would change his position, and that made Storm's choice in that part of the fight clear. Storm would do what she thinks is right, and she did, no matter who was on what side of the battle. By the time she and BP squared off in the Vs book I would have preferred a discussion between them vs a fight, but BP already made it clear that he wasn't up for a talk, and Storm would not allow Hope to be held against her will, even if it is in Wakanda.
    OMG Wind I love you excellent point!!!
    The last Raindrop....

  4. #6724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    She did kind of align herself when she chose to fight T'Challa in that one on one. I don't think Storm did as much as some are saying, but both characters could have handled the situation better. But it was a hard situation for both. I don't think T'Challa should have gotten that involved at all, as he's usually smarter than that. But I think AVX was an out of character farce all around anyway.
    Umm no, that just fall under the category of doing what she thought was right at the time. According to her and the X-men at the time, it was assumed that Hope was being held captive at Wakanda. The X-men thought she had been captured when in truth she ran away during the Avengers invasion of Utopia and scattered her locations over several different points over the world. Wakanda just so happened to be one of those locations. It could be argued that the X-men assumed at the time that the Avengers were the ones who had done this. Making T'Challa responsible for the reason she went into Wakanda and got into a brawl with him in the first place. So that would still fall under the Category of helping the X-men after the Avengers invaded Utopia to kidnap Hope. Her goal was to go into Wakanda and free her from her wrongful arrest.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

  5. #6725
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    Moose, I'm curious, how do you see that Storm committed treason? And what was she supposed to do, turn her back on her first family, the Xmen?
    I think some of you guys wanted her to make a clear choice, but it wasn't easy for both characters. Less easy for Storm, since T'challa has no real commitment to the Xmen, but Storm had a commitment to both. Which was always sort of the problem with the marriage and how it was handled.
    Neither one is easy. She chose the route she chose. Also I thought it was pretty clear on the page what she did so I'm not gonna rehash it. Some of this stuff about folks not liking Storm for pointing this out is disingenuous.

  6. #6726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    Unfortunately, i think some BP fans thought she should have been totally loyal to Wakanda as its queen, while X-fans want her to be totally loyal to the Xmen, (and she somewhat should be) which has always been the issue with the union. But yeah, Storm did ask them to talk and tried to stop the fighting, to her credit. And that's in character.

    I like that preview for AVX consequences...I like that Panther is chasing her and arguing about her questioning his feelings for her. it shows that he does care and is explaining why he had to do what he did. Its a great scene, and I hope both characters get some proper closure out of it.
    I think the point that I'm really trying to make is that she was never truly loyal to either side of the conflict. She was basically doing what she thought was right, regardless to either side. She had never truly chosen anything but to do just that. Wakanda wasn't apart of the conflict until T'Challa brought it into the conflict. Not once did he sit down and tell her the reason he TRULY invaded Utopia or sided with the Avengers.

    There are fans that have been clearly looking at this from the wrong perspective. So while T'Challa was fighting for his country, Storm was never made aware that Wakanda was in ANY danger from beginning to flood. Which gives no room to place any blame on her.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

  7. #6727

    Default

    I think I know why some Storm fans dont understand why her actions are see as treason.

    The Black Panther mythos has Wakanda at odds with Nazi Germany, Tchalla's ancestor partnered with Captain America against they're forces in one mini. Therefore anyone associated with the Nazi's (Dr. Nemesis) would be seen as an enemy of Wakanda. If Storm brought a Nazi onto Wakandan soil then that can be seen as a violation of her allegiance to that country.

    Storm also combating Black Panther while she had a Nazi in her party makes it look even worse.
    Mind you regardless of the actions depicted in the comics I blame the writers for their lack of judgement and creativity.

  8. #6728
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tel'aran'rhiod
    Posts
    22,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    I think I know why some Storm fans dont understand why her actions are see as treason.

    The Black Panther mythos has Wakanda at odds with Nazi Germany, Tchalla's ancestor partnered with Captain America against they're forces in one mini. Therefore anyone associated with the Nazi's (Dr. Nemesis) would be seen as an enemy of Wakanda. If Storm brought a Nazi onto Wakandan soil then that can be seen as a violation of her allegiance to that country.

    Storm also combating Black Panther while she had a Nazi in her party makes it look even worse.
    Mind you regardless of the actions depicted in the comics I blame the writers for their lack of judgement and creativity.
    Yes, Nazis are always responsible. We should've seen that guys! It was the NAZIS. The Nazis are the reason why the BP fans hate Storm. It makes perfect sense.


  9. #6729
    Elder Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,733

    Default

    He trashed her home first.



    He also brought this lunatic with him:


  10. #6730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Umm no, that just fall under the category of doing what she thought was right at the time. According to her and the X-men at the time, it was assumed that Hope was being held captive at Wakanda. The X-men thought she had been captured when in truth she ran away during the Avengers invasion of Utopia and scattered her locations over several different points over the world. Wakanda just so happened to be one of those locations. It could be argued that the X-men assumed at the time that the Avengers were the ones who had done this. Making T'Challa responsible for the reason she went into Wakanda and got into a brawl with him in the first place. So that would still fall under the Category of helping the X-men after the Avengers invaded Utopia to kidnap Hope. Her goal was to go into Wakanda and free her from her wrongful arrest.
    She was written out of character. She should of talked to Tchalla before going to Wakanda with her team. She just showed up with a strike team. On top of that she was depicted as striking first in that AvX VS issue.

    Hope ran from the X-men because she felt like she was not in control of her own destiny. She didn't want anything to do with them even after she returned to Utopia.

    Ideally Storm and Black Panther should of had their own team of Avengers and Xmen as a middle ground (a forerunner to Uncanny Avengers) but that didn't happen because Marvel had other ideas.

  11. #6731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He trashed her home first.



    He also brought this lunatic with him:

    They scrapped on the beach.

    And that scene was the beginning of all the of panel "problems" they supposedly had.

    Plus he wasn't in command of that op. had he been I think it would of gone a whole other route.

  12. #6732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    She was written out of character. She should of talked to Tchalla before going to Wakanda with her team. She just showed up with a strike team. On top of that she was depicted as striking first in that AvX VS issue.
    That's the point that we've BEEN making for the past several pages in this thread. She DID try to talk to him but he didn't want to do any talking. So no, she was not written out of character for bringing a strike force into Wakanda to take back an innocent mutant that they thought he kidnapped in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Hope ran from the X-men because she felt like she was not in control of her own destiny. She didn't want anything to do with them even after she returned to Utopia.
    This is besides the point. The point is she ran away and the X-men didn't know that she did. She left while the Avengers were there trying to retrieve her and there was no one present on the X-men who knew what had happened to her. The children in the room that she attacked were taken into AVENGERS custody, and Wolverine and Spiderman were on the AVENGERS team. So there was no way that they could have known that Hope hadn't been captured herself, considering she was left with the student by Emma at the time of the invasion.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Ideally Storm and Black Panther should of had their own team of Avengers and Xmen as a middle ground (a forerunner to Uncanny Avengers) but that didn't happen because Marvel had other ideas.
    Lets not make this about what they SHOULD have done. This is about what they had chosen to do and if they were right in what they were doing at the time of when they did it.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

  13. #6733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    On top of that she was depicted as striking first in that AvX VS issue.
    She hit him with a lightning bolt that did virtually ZERO damage! and on top of that she knew that it wouldn't...
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

  14. #6734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Umm no, that just fall under the category of doing what she thought was right at the time. According to her and the X-men at the time, it was assumed that Hope was being held captive at Wakanda. The X-men thought she had been captured when in truth she ran away during the Avengers invasion of Utopia and scattered her locations over several different points over the world. Wakanda just so happened to be one of those locations. It could be argued that the X-men assumed at the time that the Avengers were the ones who had done this. Making T'Challa responsible for the reason she went into Wakanda and got into a brawl with him in the first place. So that would still fall under the Category of helping the X-men after the Avengers invaded Utopia to kidnap Hope. Her goal was to go into Wakanda and free her from her wrongful arrest.
    Okay, I do see your point. I honestly did not read all of AVX as I thought most of the story was a farce and messed up a lot of characters. Did Storm try to contact T'Challa about Hope, or did she just go in with the Xmen without trying to consult with him about that particular instance? I would say if she didn't, she should have tried to consult with him first.

    But I do see your point about her trying to do what she thought was right. and I appreciate your passion in this while obviously open to having a conversation about it.

    It's a shame that this story has fans of both characters upset wit the interacetion.

  15. #6735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    She hit him with a lightning bolt that did virtually ZERO damage! and on top of that she knew that it wouldn't...
    What was the point if the attack tho?

    It is what it is homie. That's the way Marvel chose to depict her. Same with Black Panther aiding the Avengers after he decides to not take any action against the P5. It shouldn't of happened but it did.

    IMO There is absolutely no reason, none what so ever (short of Shadow King involvement) that Storm should be shown attacking someone that's close to her like that.

    AvX for Storm and Black Panther was basically Marvel vs Capcom.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •