Page 121 of 668 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 10014

Rereading that New Avengers 24 tie-in, I'm left wanting. Left wanting for Miss Oro-ho!
    Yes. It was alright seeing some insight into the racist mindscape that is the Avengers, and yes, I have to appreciate Storm dropping the G-bomb (Goddess) in the middle of a conference but I wish THAT scene would have gone just a little further.

In a perfect world (that will never happen) Cap would have dropped the P word (Phoenix) and Storm woulda reached into her bathing suit of a uniform, dug out her Avenger ID card and chucked that garbage onto the conference table, spun a 180 -- whipping her impossibly long, vidal sassoon, platinum locks into her Halloween Costumed Whosbund's face, and then throw up one dismissing hand as she sashays away and says "Out."

THEN, Cap woulda chided his SLAVE, aka Wakandan "friend", for trying to stop her with his snide "She knows where she needs to be" BS comment and then Luke Cage woulda picked up on those clearly racist undertones, handed his baby off to his black-disco-stick-loving-horse-mouthed-wife and backhanded that Star Spangled DEEVA into the wall, scooped his baby up in one arm, thrown his "My-parents-are-so-mad-I-married-a-black-dude-I'm-so-rebellious" wife over his shoulder and WALKED OUT too.

Yes. PLEASE.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Cool, Fan Threads.

IMO, his primary power seems sound based, Storm using her wind manipulation should be able to block his voice. Magneto and her should both be able to attack far enough away that they don't hear him. Although he does seem pretty resistant to damage. But Uncanny has not been good for Storm at all. I think Colossus and Magik have gotten the most development but I cannot say that I think the team has shown very many feats in battle to live up to the name "Extinction". Emma got a good one against Sinister. Colossus during the last arc but it was off panel. Danger during Sinister arc. Magneto holding together a Celestial was also good. Besides that nothing stands out.
    Agreed, although I do believe Storm has been treated alot better than she use to be in Uncanny, she seems a bit too monotony, speechy, and self righteous. She comes off a bit of a hypocrite at times(Like in the scan I just provided), which is not a good thing. She also doesn't seem very useful powerwise. Too much lightning and not enough creativity and power. The others have definitely shown to be more effective in combat. Hopefully this will change soon enough... they have been up against some pretty powerful foes lately afterall...
    Last edited by The Weather God; 04-12-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    Technically speaking, she could have also been talking about Magik, Colossus or Hope.....all have the potentail to outclass Mags.
    Peter is more powerful than Magneto. That's already been proven cannon when they faced Kuurth. Magneto threw a air force carrier at him and it did nothing. Peter ran him out of the state. Magik is already more powerful than magneto which is why Scott keeps her locked up. She nearly destroyed this dimension with her lies. I love Mags and he is powerful but honestly the extinction team is no joke.

o

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I just noticed. Lightning again???!!!
    LOL...yup, Lightning Lass to the rescue!

I admit I was only being cheeky with my intial "rug" post...but I am dismayed at her use of lightning...again. (I get it, it is visually dynamic to illustrate, but...)
    And wot's up with her dialogue?
    "Submit! Stop this violence!"...says she, whilst unleashing a violent lightning strike.
    *a loud wet raspberry
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    STORM #1...(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Victor Ibanez. July 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post

I admit I was only being cheeky with my intial "rug" post...but I am dismayed at her use of lightning...again. (I get it, it is visually dynamic to illustrate, but...)
    "Submit! Stop this violence!"...says she, whilst unleashing a violent lightning strike.
    *a loud wet raspberry
    But....but...Imraith, how else will we know it's Storm unless she throw a lightning bolt in every freaking issue she appears in?
    Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with lightning, too.
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    But....but...Imraith, how else will we know it's Storm unless she throw a lightning bolt in every freaking issue she appears in?
    Point.
    I suppose this is for the benefit of the "new readers" who have never read an X-book prior to 2008.

"This is Storm...mistress of lightning...and possibly other weather phenomenon...possibly.".
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    STORM #1...(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Victor Ibanez. July 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with lightning, too.
    @ this point, who isn't? There are so many forms of lightning. Make some ball lightning, a sprite, an elf, something, change stuff up.

o

What I like from Unit is the X on his chest. : )

But he really doesn't look like a villain but a hero
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post

*a loud wet raspberry
    True. I know Storm would say that but she wouldn't hit Unit without trying to talk to him first.
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    @ this point, who isn't? There are so many forms of lightning. Make some ball lightning, a sprite, an elf, something, change stuff up.

o
    True that. But lightning has always failed Storm. Storm has been beaten always when she uses lightning. She should use wind bursts more often.

I didn't know that. perhaps some Storm fans will give us an idea and clarify it.
    The mystery from Uncanny X-Men #265 of who promised Storm to Farouk long ago, just recalled it very possibly was Storm’s uncle, Shetani (who was established in the UXM Annual in 2006).

It was revealed that the males within her family bloodline did not receive any of the power passed down so he sought a different sort of power to destroy theirs and had been hunting for Ororo for years.

It is very possible that he made a deal with Farouk in exchange for power of some sort in the past… which would give N’Dare, her mother, more reason to abandon her heritage and family.

Quote Originally Posted by jrnewto View Post
    The mystery from Uncanny X-Men #265 of who promised Storm to Farouk long ago, just recalled it very possibly was Storm’s uncle, Shetani (who was established in the UXM Annual in 2006).

It was revealed that the males within her family bloodline did not receive any of the power passed down so he sought a different sort of power to destroy theirs and had been hunting for Ororo for years.

It is very possible that he made a deal with Farouk in exchange for power of some sort in the past… which would give N’Dare, her mother, more reason to abandon her heritage and family.
    I see. Perhaps, Shetani wants to be king.

True that. But lightning has always failed Storm. Storm has been beaten always when she uses lightning. She should use wind bursts more often.
    I like the lightning as a visual cue, maybe in the background or something, but as a weapon, when was the last time it really worked for Ororo?
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Messiah Complex
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm