Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions!!!!!!

Talking Opinions!!!!!!

Completely at random, I just want to know other peoples opinions on;

Lego Batman The Video Game
    I REALLY enjoyed playing this, I spent countless hours on it, I think its a well made, fun innocent game!

Victor Zsasz
    Do you think he is a cool character?
    I for one do, I don't know many things that he's in sadly, I only knew about him from Arkham City but when his character was involved I thought he was really cool and dark!

The Killing Joke
    If you've read it, did you enjoy it? I couldn't put it down and found that the flashback moments were really interesting! Also the little end part added in about the man thinking about killing Batman was amazing! Probably my favourite part, is there anything else like that section in any books or comics?

Which Scarecrow did you like best visually?
    From the movies, the comics or in the video games?
    I think he was so cool and creepy in the Arkham games! Loved the mask and the part in the mourge.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

The Lego Batman Game is truly awesome!! As a Batgirl fan I love the fact that I can play her in Free Mode throughout the game!

As to TKJ, I am looking forward to Batgirl #7 next month when we are promised that after two decades we are finally to see the events of that tale from Barbara's perspective.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBatman View Post
    I REALLY enjoyed playing this, I spent countless hours on it, I think its a well made, fun innocent game!
    Great

Victor Zsasz
    One of my favourites - But only Norm Breyfogle can draw him right.

The Killing Joke
    Okay. The art is glorious, but the story lacks any tension. The only bits I really like are the flashbacks. The current day story is just a bit lacking.

The standard one - though he was great in Arkham Asylum

Zsasz is a strange one, on one hand he's a completely one-dimensional character who's offers very little for writers to work with and on the other he still holds some appeal due to the creepy design, brilliant name (loaned from an german psychiatrist) and his usefullness as a staple threat. I personally feel he's been written as a bit too weak and disgustingly pathetic the last few years, Alan Grant's original Zsasz was more of a cunning predator who could give even Batman a run for his money under the right conditions.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

It was too hard for me. I needed walkthroughs for every level. I suck.
    Victor Zsasz
    I for one do, I don't know many things that he's in sadly, I only knew about him from Arkham City but when his character was involved I thought he was really cool and dark!
    One of my favourite villains. Creepy. Decent in AC, until the boss fight. That sucked.

The Killing Joke
    If you've read it, did you enjoy it? I couldn't put it down and found that the flashback moments were really interesting! Also the little end part added in about the man thinking about killing Batman was amazing! Probably my favourite part, is there anything else like that section in any books or comics?
    Pretty good, the crippling was a bit random and could have been a start to a massive escalation fight between Batman and Joker, but... no. Wonderfully weird though.
    I think he was so cool and creepy in the Arkham games! Loved the mask and the part in the mourge.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
    Can't say, Batman Begins was good but I've had little exposure to the character in decent roles in other media.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Never played it.

Victor Zsasz

I hate Zsasz. I don't like ultraviolence and I think the character is boring and very one-dimensional compared to Batman's better rogues.

The Killing Joke

It used to be one of my favorite Batman stories but I've grown a little bored of it. I think I've just read it enough times that it got old for me. It's still flawless IMO, just doesn't excite me like it used to.

I probably liked him the most in Arkham Asylum (the video game). Very creepy and the way they altered the level design and even the gameplay (turning it into a platformer) was really creative and effective.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

LEGO Batman is fun.
    Zsasz is ok.
    Killing Joke is good.
    Batman Begins.

Never played, Zsasz is incredibly lame, Killing Joke has its problems but is mostly a very good comic (though the "is Batman crazy?" aspect of it is a little tired by this point), and I'd say I tend to like most of the variations on Scarecrow, honestly, whether it's the standard scarecrow, the hulking creep of TNBA, the Nolanverse look or the Arkham games look. I think they all capture him pretty well, I don't know if I have a favorite, though bad enough art can ruin any design.
    Action Comics, American Vampire, AV: Lord of Nightmares, Atomic Robo, Batman Inc, Batwoman, The Flash, Prophet, Uncanny X-Force

Never played it myself.

Victor Zsasz
    Meh...I don't care for the one dimensional murderer villains.

The Killing Joke
    I do like the story, but I will say that it is a tad bit overrated. I actually like Joker's Five Way Revenge better as the "definitive" Joker story.

Hmm, it really varies depending on the artist when it comes to the comics. The movies' Scarecrow is too plain from the shoulders down (I guess we have to sacrifice that for "realism") I did like almost all his animated incarnations...

pimpin'!

Smile

Completely at random, I just want to know other peoples opinions on;

Unfortunately I haven't played it.

Victor Zsasz
    He worked well when he was present, but he wasn't very memorable to me.

The Killing Joke
    I thought it was pretty bad.

I think he was so cool and creepy in the Arkham games! Loved the mask and the part in the mourge.
    I think they've all had their good points.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Worlds' Finest, My Little Pony, The Flash, Birds of Prey, Batman '66

Elder Member

Loved it!

Victor Zsasz
    Third favorite villain.

The Killing Joke
    Overrated.

Anything that reminds me of this

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    The Lego Batman Game is truly awesome!! As a Batgirl fan I love the fact that I can play her in Free Mode throughout the game!

As to TKJ, I am looking forward to Batgirl #7 next month when we are promised that after two decades we are finally to see the events of that tale from Barbara's perspective.
    No freakin' way! I try to stay away from previews so as to not spoil surprises but I am truly happy to hear this.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

My favorite Zsasz, is the one in Shadow of the bat #1-4. And Nightfall. That's the deffinitive killer for me. There have been a few tales with him in recent years that, in my opinion miss the mark all together. He is a cunning ,animalistic hunter/killer! I was a little dissatisfied with him in Arkham Asylum. I would like to see his return in a one or two part story.

Quote Originally Posted by RedliwNala View Post
    Zsasz is a strange one, on one hand he's a completely one-dimensional character who's offers very little for writers to work with and on the other he still holds some appeal due to the creepy design, brilliant name (loaned from an german psychiatrist) and his usefullness as a staple threat. I personally feel he's been written as a bit too weak and disgustingly pathetic the last few years, Alan Grant's original Zsasz was more of a cunning predator who could give even Batman a run for his money under the right conditions.
    That has potential...

I have to say I NEVER liked Zsasz for pretty much that reason. Everything I've seen about him just... I don't know if I want to say 'sick' or 'dull.'... it's hard to be both, but Zsasz tends to pull it off.

For a master detective/fighter/strategist like batman... who deals with the wierdest rogues possible... Zsasz just didn't seem to fit.

He's a serial killer... ok. He hurts women... Ok... He cuts himself to keep score.... ok.

Basically he's just not... WIERD enough to rate as a batman villian. If the only difference between Serial killer A, and Serial Killer B is how they keep score... I don't get the threat to Batman.

The best I saw him was in Knightfall and that was mostly just a hostage situation with an exhausted Batman... so they pulled it off. Now I'm interested in these Alan Grant books where he's a bit more...
    I wouldn't call it Blackmail. I prefer Extortion! The "X" makes it sound Exciting!

I'm drowning and Monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils! - Dilbert

Batman's cool, but he can't beat up Superman.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...