Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1086

Thread: Invincible

  1. #46
    Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    811

    Default

    I'm not sure if it's Oliver's disregard for human life or impetuousness of youth, but he certainly knows how to make the wrong choices. I would think he would be a bit more wise considering his accelerated development, but I guess not. On the page where he punches Mark and calls him weak, I thought he was really embracing his Viltrumite heritage/roots/DNA. Thragg showed all kinds of awesome, despite being a planet conquering despot. It's not so much the restraint he demonstrated as it was the wise arguments he gave Allen. He did the same with Mark when he first came to Earth and negotiated their truce.

    Generally, powerloss stories get on my nerves, but this looks to be interesting. Thinking about how Viltrumite DNA works (as described in the Handbook), Mark's powers will return. I wouldn't be surprised if his human side plays a factor in it.

    Final thing: what must a Viltrumite have to endure to become as powerful as Thragg? Allen bulked up after his near-death experience. Thragg must have been taken there numerous times.

  2. #47
    unclouded sage blackpariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Blood Mountain
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post

    Final thing: what must a Viltrumite have to endure to become as powerful as Thragg? Allen bulked up after his near-death experience. Thragg must have been taken there numerous times.
    Allen is the only one who can do that. Viltrumite powers get stronger with practice and strain. Mark got faster by flying as fast as he could and was lifting multi-ton weights to increase his strength. So Thragg got as strong as he is by being a complete badass.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

  3. #48
    Member Quest Mar-Vell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD. originally Oxnard,Ca.
    Posts
    885

    Default

    "In order to be made Grand regent, Thragg was trained since birth, tempered to be the strongest among us all... educated in all manners of combat..." - Nolan

  4. #49
    Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    "In order to be made Grand regent, Thragg was trained since birth, tempered to be the strongest among us all... educated in all manners of combat..." - Nolan
    Trained is one thing, but tempered is something else entirely. I'm sure the Viltrumites fully embraced the saying, "What doesn't kill him, makes him stronger" when developing Thragg to be Grand Regent. Conquest feared him and Conquest was the guy Thragg sent out to do jobs that other Viltrumites couldn't handle. Thragg is one bad mother... SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!! I'm just talking about Thragg.

  5. #50
    The Governator ImpulseUCF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Hmm..I daresay a Thragg backup mini would make for some excellent reading. Get to see the Viltrumites at the height of their power/conquest and see the origin of an increasingly fascinating character.

  6. #51
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Hmm..I daresay a Thragg backup mini would make for some excellent reading. Get to see the Viltrumites at the height of their power/conquest and see the origin of an increasingly fascinating character.
    I would buy that in a second! Of course, I would buy anything Invincible related in a second so maybe that's not saying much. But I would still really love to see this.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  7. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Thragg volume 4:
    Thragg conquers Care-A-Lot

  8. #53
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    You can download and print these at skybound.com. My wife is getting these.



    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  9. #54
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,442

    Default



    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  10. #55
    Member Quest Mar-Vell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD. originally Oxnard,Ca.
    Posts
    885

    Default

    How is Thragg spending his first Summer on Earth?


  11. #56
    The Governator ImpulseUCF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    I totally used the Invincible Valentines cards for my wife. Invincible is one of the two comics series I've gotten her into (the other being Fables) and she LOVED them.

  12. #57
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    I totally used the Invincible Valentines cards for my wife. Invincible is one of the two comics series I've gotten her into (the other being Fables) and she LOVED them.
    Nice, I did too. She actually liked them even though she doesn't read Invincible. I'm currently reading the Fables trades, tried to talk her into that one too but she's not interested. But she doesn't mind my comics obsession so it's all good. And she gave me this Jason Howard sketch for my gift:

    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  13. #58
    The Governator ImpulseUCF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Right on, and cool sketch! I'm disappointed that Ottley isn't coming to Megacon this year since its right in my backyard and I've love a sketch.

  14. #59
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Kirkman has his copies of Invincible 89. Looks like we will probably get it on the 29th:

    The pic is the cover of issue 89 if people don't want to be spoiled.


































    A little disappointed to see the tagline on there of a bold new direction. I was really hoping this new Invincible was going to be very temporary (3 or 4 issues) but that sounds longer term. This is Mark's book. That's who I'm invested in and care about. I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever the team does but it will be a big emotional let down for me if Mark is not the major focus of the book again soon. I guess we'll see how it goes.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  15. #60
    Vatican Assassin Warlock aut0matic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Kirkman has his copies of Invincible 89. Looks like we will probably get it on the 29th:

    The pic is the cover of issue 89 if people don't want to be spoiled.


































    A little disappointed to see the tagline on there of a bold new direction. I was really hoping this new Invincible was going to be very temporary (3 or 4 issues) but that sounds longer term. This is Mark's book. That's who I'm invested in and care about. I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever the team does but it will be a big emotional let down for me if Mark is not the major focus of the book again soon. I guess we'll see how it goes.
    doesn't mean mark won't be the focus any more, man. hell, mark could give up the costume forever and do his own thing as a fugitive/vigilante for a while and i'd be cool with that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •