Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by aut0matic View Post
    is everyone's money on bulletproof?
    I don't know, I think it's going to be someone new. The face is a little different and he'd have to get rid of the corn rows that he's had the whole series.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I don't know, I think it's going to be someone new. The face is a little different and he'd have to get rid of the corn rows that he's had the whole series.
    I predict a returning Darkwing II.

Holy SHIT. spoilers:
    Do you think Kirkman will kill off Mark? I certainly hope not, though I do see him being out of commission for a while. I'm hoping he just barely makes it and they find out the human DNA is just different enough to save them. Also, I thought it was funny that I never noticed how effectively useless the Guardians are against these glactic-class players until I saw them attacking Allen, Mark and Thragg who basically brushed them off like bugs.
    end of spoilers

Damn, man.

Vatican Assassin Warlock aut0matic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    I predict a returning Darkwing II.
    he didn't have powers, though other than opening portals into the shadow verse or whatever that was.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Holy SHIT. spoilers:
    Do you think Kirkman will kill off Mark? I certainly hope not, though I do see him being out of commission for a while. I'm hoping he just barely makes it and they find out the human DNA is just different enough to save them. Also, I thought it was funny that I never noticed how effectively useless the Guardians are against these glactic-class players until I saw them attacking Allen, Mark and Thragg who basically brushed them off like bugs.
    end of spoilers

Damn, man.
    my guess- eve unlocks her plot device powers and fixes all as someone else either here or on the image board also predicted. too tired and lazy to check now, but props to that guy!

he didn't have powers, though other than opening portals into the shadow verse or whatever that was.
    He's been in the Shadowverse or whatever it's called since issue 60, presumed dead. What's to say he doesn't get some powers while there?

my guess- eve unlocks her plot device powers and fixes all as someone else either here or on the image board also predicted. too tired and lazy to check now, but props to that guy!
    Eve can't access her full power without severe trauma like dying or seeing her parents killed. I doubt she's going to teleport there and think Mark is definitely dead and flip her switch. More likely she won't know until the fall out is already established.

Holy SHIT. spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Damn, man.
    Spoilers from future covers:
    spoilers:

Mark's on the covers for 90 and 91 so he's not dying soon anyway. I don't think Kirkman will kill him off. I really hope not anyway.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Spoilers from future covers:
    spoilers:

Mark's on the covers for 90 and 91 so he's not dying soon anyway. I don't think Kirkman will kill him off. I really hope not anyway.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's on the cover in normal cloths, so it's safe to assume he just loses his powers temporarily.
    end of spoilers

Vatican Assassin Warlock aut0matic's Avatar

He's been in the Shadowverse or whatever it's called since issue 60, presumed dead. What's to say he doesn't get some powers while there?
    the alternate reality invincible he dragged with him.

Eve can't access her full power without severe trauma like dying or seeing her parents killed. I doubt she's going to teleport there and think Mark is definitely dead and flip her switch. More likely she won't know until the fall out is already established.
    mark's not dying just yet- just showing symptoms. remember, v's didn't die immediately from the scourge virus. it seemed to be much like a plague in that they weakened and withered away. if eve's powers triggered while seeing her parents killed, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say they could trigger again when she thinks she's about to lose mark.

the alternate reality invincible he dragged with him.
    Rule #1 in comics: They're not dead unless you see the body*. (*die or immediately after death)

mark's not dying just yet- just showing symptoms. remember, v's didn't die immediately from the scourge virus. it seemed to be much like a plague in that they weakened and withered away. if eve's powers triggered while seeing her parents killed, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say they could trigger again when she thinks she's about to lose mark.
    That was a weaker strain on full blooded Viltrumites, and yes a whole lot of them died outright. Only the few ones that survived were shown to be weakened.
    This is a "perfected strain" being used on a hybrid so it'll likely have a different effect than outright deadsies.

I very highly doubt Kirkman is going to go to the Eve well again so soon. It's too easy and the future covers show he's obviously got other things planned.

All I know is, powered or not powered, going back to Mark's alliance with Dinosaurus, and how this all effects Eve, is the most interesting stuff in the book for me right now. And I guess having a new Invincible go against Dino could be fun, looking forward to where this all goes.
    DROKK IT!!

My guess is it's the child of a black viltrumite on earth from the future. The story arc of course called....

Ahem...

Black to the Future. Thank you.

Oh, and a wonderful but talky issue. Really enjoyed it, but damn, like everyone said, how wonderfully worthless the GotG are.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    All I know is, powered or not powered, going back to Mark's alliance with Dinosaurus, and how this all effects Eve, is the most interesting stuff in the book for me right now. And I guess having a new Invincible go against Dino could be fun, looking forward to where this all goes.
    I think it's all good. Eve, Mark and Dinosaurus, Mark's bad luck from this last issue, the V's on Earth. It all interests me and I'm glad that there's so many different plots that Kirkman can weave stories from. It's going to be exciting.

Sure, Invincible is a very groovy book and on the whole I'd definitely say it's always good, but I find some stuff more interesting than others. And, well, we wouldn't have much to discuss if we just agreed it's all awesome.

It is random, many months some find it boring and I love it, this month I just liked it, that's the thing about a monthly book with a broad scope. I will say, an issue focusing on the space conflict without Omni-man, and also without the Earth stuff of Eve and Dinosaurus, it was just a very focused straightforward issue that didn't quite wow me like the book usually does. But none the less, still solid stuff and easily the second best book of the week (after Savage Dragon).

Can't wait to see where all this chaos takes Mark and friends' life in the coming months.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 02-03-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    DROKK IT!!

Wow. See, even though most of this issue was 4 dudes chatting, I was riveted. It was fascinating and engrossing and I couldn't wait to see where it went. Then, just like The Vs and Allen, I wanted to swat the GotG like the annoying gnats they are to them. Any one of them except maybe Oliver could take out the Guardians without batting an eye. This is so good.

spoilers:
    I really hope they don't kill Mark. Invincible really is his book, and I don't think it could survive long-term without him. Maybe incapacitated for a bit while he recovers and they focus on other characters, but he dies off and they replace him, it would be hard for me to stay invested.
    end of spoilers

Wow. See, even though most of this issue was 4 dudes chatting, I was riveted. It was fascinating and engrossing and I couldn't wait to see where it went. Then, just like The Vs and Allen, I wanted to swat the GotG like the annoying gnats they are to them. Any one of them except maybe Oliver could take out the Guardians without batting an eye. This is so good.

spoilers:
    I really hope they don't kill Mark. Invincible really is his book, and I don't think it could survive long-term without him. Maybe incapacitated for a bit while he recovers and they focus on other characters, but he dies off and they replace him, it would be hard for me to stay invested.
    end of spoilers
    That's funny. I just said pretty much the exact same thing two minutes ago on the Image forums:
    spoilers:

I don't ever want Mark to die in this book. The Walking Dead could continue on easy after the death of any of it's current characters. But this book is as much about Mark's life as his superheroics. I'm too invested in that to want to see someone else in the lead permanently.
    end of spoilers