Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Had anyone bought the first compendium? Was thinking of purchasing it cause a few friends suggest reading this

Mark just got his powers back. He probably isn't back to his full strength levels yet. That's why I thought Dino was getting the upper-hand.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Mark just got his powers back. He probably isn't back to his full strength levels yet. That's why I thought Dino was getting the upper-hand.
    That seems the most likely to me. Or Dinosaurus got some kind of power boost (like getting stronger each time his body heals itself or some kind of tech enhancement). It's possible Dino was always stronger but I always thought he was even with Mark at best and likely a little less than Mark.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Yeah, it's looking like Kregg is feeling rebellious. He already admitted that he cared about his human lovers. I wouldn't be surprised to see him disobey Thragg and go help Earth and his women.
    Poor General Kregg. Human women must have it going on where V men are rebelling against their leadership. First Nolan and now Kregg. Are other V males experiencing this? What could it be about human women? What could V men be getting from human women that V women aren't providing? I'm stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    Poor General Kregg. Human women must have it going on where V men are rebelling against their leadership. First Nolan and now Kregg. Are other V males experiencing this? What could it be about human women? What could V men be getting from human women that V women aren't providing? I'm stumped.
    Love making for purposes other than for procreation was a pleasant surprise is what Nolan said.

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Love making for purposes other than for procreation was a pleasant surprise is what Nolan said.
    Sex. It's sex. How could I have missed that? Being a human male, I'm too close. Maybe that's why Vs have problems with their tempers. If Vs (men and women) were getting it more regular, they wouldn't be mad all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    Sex. It's sex. How could I have missed that? Being a human male, I'm too close. Maybe that's why Vs have problems with their tempers. If Vs (men and women) were getting it more regular, they wouldn't be mad all the time.
    Somebody call Cecil!
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

So, little disappointed by the all splash page issue. I mean, its a fun little gimmick to pull, but for the penultimate chapter for a big milestone issue, it feels weak. To make it worse, weak is not something I expect from this title so the sensation is felt even more keenly. Especially when we're dealing with the death of "Everybody" and, for a change, that might actually mean the main character. Not that I expect it, but you never know with this title.

Anyway, so aside from that letdown, I enjoyed the issue as I always do. This truly is the best superhero title out there.

How Kirkman is going to wrap all this up....I have no idea. But I really hope going forward that we see more of Mark and less of everyone else. I love Robot and Monster Girl and everyone else, but enough is enough.

Christ, I hope Kirkman doesnt kill Mark off.

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    Man, me too!

How Kirkman is going to wrap all this up....I have no idea. But I really hope going forward that we see more of Mark and less of everyone else. I love Robot and Monster Girl and everyone else, but enough is enough.

Totally with you on this. I promised myself I'd wait until 100 comes out to catch up on the book but started back buying to 92 where I left off (WFT.. how do people do that?!?!?!? I end up with both!). It's been fun reading about BP and the GG folk and of course the soap opera of Robot and Monster Girl, but Mark's the reason I LOVE the book. I don't think he'll die, but I've got a sinking suspicion (forgive me if this is old news I'm only up to 94, gotta hit Comixology later tonight) Eve won't make it to 101. Can't think of many things beyond her loss to provide much more drama to Mark's life :(
    Did Wonder Woman and Superman just catch an aircraft carrier?

Yeah, I've suspected Eve might die, but it's such an obvious thing and Kirkman rarely does the obvious. Still, since it is so obvious, and Kirkman knows we expect the unexpected from him, then killing Eve would actually be quite unexpected!!

Yup. I have no damned clue what to expect next issue.

Could be that things just go on the way they are. Mark fights with Dinosaurus, has it out with Cecil, and the plots and subplots just keep on trucking.

Or maybe Mark will fight Dinosaurus, then let Cecil arrest him, like he said (I think?) in 98. Maybe we'll see a time jump, where "ten years later" or something, Mark walks out of jail a free man, and he (and we) explore a world greatly changed during his incarceration.

Or maybe a bigger time jump. Maybe Mark dies, and the book jumps ahead and it becomes a title about Mark and Eve's child. I cant see Kirkman just dropping the idea of Eve's abortion after barely scratching the surface of the topic, or maybe she gets knocked up again. Or maybe this happens and Mark doesnt die, and the book becomes a strange mirror of the early issues.

Or Mark travels to an alternate dimension. It worked for Dragon. And Angstrom showed up recently. Or.....or....the possibilities are endless.

Damn you, Kirkman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    I don't think he'll die, but I've got a sinking suspicion (forgive me if this is old news I'm only up to 94, gotta hit Comixology later tonight) Eve won't make it to 101. Can't think of many things beyond her loss to provide much more drama to Mark's life :(
    It's a possibility but since she's spoilers:
    on the cover of issue 101 in the March solicits
    end of spoilers my money's not on it happening.

What worries me is that Mark isnt.

I wouldn't mind it TOO much, as Mark hasn't been one of my favorite characters in the comic for a long time, and it seems Kirkman has been developing the series to have less of a focus on one title character for a while. I don't think it's going to happen though, one of the reasons being that 'Guarding the Globe' is around to spotlight the 'background' characters in 'Invincible', and because if Mark died that would leave a lot of unresolved plot that revolved around Mark.

Besides, it's more interesting to have Mark around to be a flawed hero instead of a completely like-able hero. Him making mistakes lately has actually made me like him more as a character, as it gives him more depth.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Had anyone bought the first compendium? Was thinking of purchasing it cause a few friends suggest reading this
    I've owned all those issues in trade before the compendium dropped, but I have recommended it to friends who want to get into the series. Considering how cheap it usually goes for on Amazon, I can't recomend it enough.

So, little disappointed by the all splash page issue. I mean, its a fun little gimmick to pull, but for the penultimate chapter for a big milestone issue, it feels weak. To make it worse, weak is not something I expect from this title so the sensation is felt even more keenly. Especially when we're dealing with the death of "Everybody" and, for a change, that might actually mean the main character. Not that I expect it, but you never know with this title.

Anyway, so aside from that letdown, I enjoyed the issue as I always do. This truly is the best superhero title out there.

I actually liked the whole splash page thing. Probably done intentionally to help Ottley on time w/ 99 and 100 shipping so close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    I wouldn't mind it TOO much, as Mark hasn't been one of my favorite characters in the comic for a long time, and it seems Kirkman has been developing the series to have less of a focus on one title character for a while. I don't think it's going to happen though, one of the reasons being that 'Guarding the Globe' is around to spotlight the 'background' characters in 'Invincible', and because if Mark died that would leave a lot of unresolved plot that revolved around Mark.

Besides, it's more interesting to have Mark around to be a flawed hero instead of a completely like-able hero. Him making mistakes lately has actually made me like him more as a character, as it gives him more depth.
    I don't see Kirkman offing Mark. Like Wiski said, wayyy too many plotlines would fall apart with him off the book.