Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

I just found out that Invincible has had some backups in earlier issues! What were the backups, and were can I read them? Collected anywhere? In the volumes?

What the hell are backups ? Are you talking about spin offs ?

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    I just found out that Invincible has had some backups in earlier issues! What were the backups, and were can I read them? Collected anywhere? In the volumes?
    The first 3 parts of Science Dog ran as backups in issues 25, 50, and 75.
    A Tech Jacket story arc ran as backups in issues 71-74 and 77 and 78 (somewhere around there)

And I believe that Capes ran as a backup as well.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

101 will be out in March

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    The first 3 parts of Science Dog ran as backups in issues 25, 50, and 75.
    A Tech Jacket story arc ran as backups in issues 71-74 and 77 and 78 (somewhere around there)

And I believe that Capes ran as a backup as well.
    Yep. Capes were in the earlier issues. They were ok, but not "must reads" at all.
    Pull List Saga, Invincible, Walking Dead, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Superior Spidey, Animal Man, Aquaman, Harbinger, X-O Manowar

You can get all 3 books in trade...

The second half of the Capes trade, is the back-ups from Invincible...
    While I like Capes, I will say that I agree and none of them are Must Reads.

There is also the Origin back-ups.... Monster-Girl, Rex, Immortal, and Kate.

Omg! !

Issue 98 out today!

So the issue itself was pretty good. But I'm more than a little worried about where this story as going (more on that to come). Some quick thoughts:

spoilers:
    - So Zandale gets to keep the main uniform and name. Hope that puts to bed the theories that Zandale is going to fight Mark to keep the title.
    - I like that Dinosaurus' motivations are understandable even though his means are clearly evil. But it's weird to me that someone as smart as him couldn't find better solutions to the world's problems than mass murder.
    - Loved the return of Angstrom. Long overdue. However, it makes me really nervous for what might be happening (more on that to come).
    - Nice to see the Guardians and Mark working together as a team effectively. It's been nice to see true teamwork and proper utilization of powers from them lately in this title on the Guarding the Globe series.
    - Congratulations Mark, you just killed millions of people. Cecil is absolutely correct and anyone that Dinosaurus kills is on Mark. I said it was really stupid for him to break out the villain when it happened. Knew something like this was going to happen.

Now my 2 fears for this book:
    1. I don't know that I like Mark being responsible for so much death. He's the main character (and my favorite comic character) and you want to be able to like him and root for him. But I don't think it can do anything but dent his likability knowing he is responsible for such a large scale tragedy. I'm worried about how myself and other readers will view him after this.
    2. I really, really, really hope that Angstrom's appearance isn't laying the ground work for an alternate universe to become the main universe after this one dies. I'm just not interested in that. I'm invested in this world and these characters. Not slightly different versions of these characters. I'll always know that they are just knockoffs. That all the history that has happened is now worthless.

Why should I care if Mark and a relationship with another version of Eve? I'm invested in his relationship with this Eve. It's all their moments through 10 years that I care about. Knowing that none of that would have happened between him and another Eve makes it hard to care about it. Same goes with his relationship with anyone else.

I'd view it as a cop out and I really hope that's not the way this is going. It's not a definite drop for me like it is for Quest, but I can't imagine that I would have the passion or investment in a new universe that I've built for this one. It would really hurt my ability to care about the book.
    end of spoilers

So the issue was good but I'm damn scared about what's going to happen. Hope they throw me a curve ball and surprise us all.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Invincible has been rocking lately. Loved 97, also really loved 98. Groovy stuff.

On the stuff you brought up there Capuga, spoilers:
    I don't think they're going the switch to an alternate universe route myself. Though it is interesting that this did happen in Savage Dragon, which Kirkman is a fan of. Another reason why I don't think it'll happen in Invincible, I'm sure the status quo will remain in the current dimension in Invincible. Though for the record I do still care about both versions of characters in Dragon, he pulled if off there, though it definitely convoluted the history.

Here we've got our master villain Dinosaurus threatening the world, but of course as they say somewhat humorously in the letter column, don't worry Mark will save the day right? Right? Flooding of several major cities is bad news, but much like say Vegas being wiped off the map, the comic can truck on. Or take say Judge Dredd, Mega-City One is the core of the whole book, a mega city covered most of East Coast USA. Half of it gets nuked off the map in an 80s story arc, and other major cities are often wiped off the map. And that's in an already post apocalyptic world with far fewer cities to go around than Invincible. Our heroes can bounce back from shocking cataclysmic stuff.

As for saying Mark being responsible will make fans view him poorly, I disagree, or at least for me personally. He had good intentions and believed there was good in Dinosaurus. It's still the person who did it's fault, Mark trusted him because Mark is a good person. It's a complex emotional thing, since now maybe Mark will be more reluctant to trust, or will take a more hardline stance on his enemies. Who knows, but it'll be interesting to see where it goes. Besides, if Mark ends up saving the world from Dino, even if it got messy at least he'll have done good to outweigh the bad.

And as for Dino's actions, I'm a big fan of Dino and thought his alliance with Mark was very interesting. But even if this is happening very soon, it feels like the right thing for me. He is smart, but truly he's amoral. If overpopulation and pollution are going to be bad things asap, I can see why a completely big picture based guy like Dino would see killing millions as justified, to save billions as he says. Pretty epic stuff.
    end of spoilers

Also just gotta mention, the ending to issue 97 was the best thing ever, hilarious, awesome, that's super powers at their finest. And 98 rizocked, can't wait for these next two issues of behemoth awesomeness.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 12-07-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    DROKK IT!!

Good issue, but I was less convinced by Marc's reaction concerning Dinosaurus. He must have known that breaking him out would have consequences, especially after Las Vegas.

I thought issue 98 was great! Can't wait to see how this carries out over the next two issues and what Marks reaction will be. Whatever happens, whoever dies Mark will blame himself and I'm sure that will head down a dark road after issue 100.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Dinosarus went Ozymandias on everyone, those types of characters are very interesting because in the long run if their future predictions were correct what they chose to do is making the best possible choice in terms of life preservation even if the methods are horrible. I wonder if Kirkman will actually shift into a partial-post apocalyptic setting for rest of the series permanently.
    Last edited by Theozilla; 12-10-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Dinosarus went Ozymandias on everyone, those types of characters are very interesting because in the long run if their future predictions were correct they are doing making the best possible choice in terms of life preservation even if the methods are horrible. I wonder if Kirkman will actually shift into a partial-post apocalyptic setting for rest of the series permanently.
    Very curious what that would look like.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    Very curious what that would look like.
    Waterworld-1995

Hey guys I'm new to Invincible and just had a quick question.

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the first compendium and was wondering if there had been any solicits for a second compendium volume? I've got both TWD ones and the second one came out pretty quickly after the floppies were released.

This is a great title and I get the feeling that by the end of the compendium I'll need to know what happens next straight away. Cheers for the info!