Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    - I want to apologize, Capuga, but I have to ask...does anyone else think Ottley's art is somewhat less impressive lately? I don't know what it is. I can't tell if it is rushed or if it's because it seems to be getting more cartoony and exaggerated, but his art seems off lately. Maybe it's what he's had to draw? Not sure, but it doesn't seem up to his usual standard. And no, I'm not confusing it for Walker's. :)

Anyway, still really digging the book, and I really hope there's not a big death of one of the core cast. I'm so tired of that.
    I was feeling this way about the art.... when I got to the Mark and Eve sex scene I actually had to check the inside cover to see if there was a guest artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Technically, two murders and one accidental suicide.
    well if we want to get technical, it's more like

1 Accidental Suicide
    1 Murder - 2nd degree
    1 Accidental Manslaughter
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

- I want to apologize, Capuga, but I have to ask...does anyone else think Ottley's art is somewhat less impressive lately? I don't know what it is. I can't tell if it is rushed or if it's because it seems to be getting more cartoony and exaggerated, but his art seems off lately. Maybe it's what he's had to draw? Not sure, but it doesn't seem up to his usual standard. And no, I'm not confusing it for Walker's. :)
    I'm still enjoying his art, not sure that I see a real difference in style. I do know that he twitted about getting 4 issues (one of them extra sized) out in 3 months so that issue 100 will ship in January on the 10 year anniversary of issue 1. It sounds like he's having to rush a bit. He said he hopes it isn't too noticeable.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    It sounds like he's having to rush a bit. He said he hopes it isn't too noticeable.
    Ah, well, there it is, then. I hope that's all it is, and I hope it improves post-haste. Don't get me wrong. Ottley on a bad day is still better than a lot of other big names out there. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I have dropped Invincible as monthly comics in my pull list just few days ago, it hurt little thinking about how fun,great it was in the first 60-70 issues.

I use to think it was the best young Spidey type superhero there was. Ottley is still awesome, its the writing that have lost me. The issues dont mean anything to me anymore. I dont care about Rex travel to other dimension story. I will try some of the trades of recent issues and see if it has improved in a year or so. The last 4-5 years i thought Invincible was a great as The Walking Dead but right now to me its not even in the same league writing wise.
    Interesting. I still feel Invincible is stronger than TWD, but I can see how people may have gotten bored with the Rex stuff and Invincible not having his powers.
    Pull List Saga, Invincible, Walking Dead, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Superior Spidey, Animal Man, Aquaman, Harbinger, X-O Manowar

Interesting. I still feel Invincible is stronger than TWD, but I can see how people may have gotten bored with the Rex stuff and Invincible not having his powers.
    Personally to switch the limelight onto other characters was really enjoyable. I didn't even notice, until reading the last issue, that Marc was barely visible. I truly like the universe and to flesh out the supporting cast is a good thing. Keeps naratives fresh and allows the author to bond closer with the book.

Quote Originally Posted by 400yrs View Post
    Rex stuff is boring but i lost real interest in the series few years before that. I was reading hoping for better the last two years atleast since before the War against the Mark people was the last time i truly enjoyed Invincible. Bulletproof part of the story last months has been interesting but trouble was for me i didnt care for Mark losing powers or before that since they got back from the space travels, war. The main story,characters is the problem to me and not the supporting cast.

Its not real fun Superhero anymore and alot of that is how Mark/Invincible is written. Him and Eve is just like any other superhero couple. The freshness it had before it became damaged over time, more generic imo like big two superhero. I expect better from the series and Kirkman.

I dont mean to disrespect other fans, i have seen quality issues for many years since i started reading 2006 or when ever Invincible was new, delayed always back then.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Do you guys know or think there will be a 2nd compendium? Im currently reading the 1st volume, and I have no problem buying the trades but if there is a 2nd comp in works I'll probably just wait because of the number of trades already on my "want" list.

heres some invincible fanart....I love this book, but man, the origin story in this was redic.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails invincible_by_jobyamen-d5lcw4f.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MT2 View Post
    Do you guys know or think there will be a 2nd compendium? Im currently reading the 1st volume, and I have no problem buying the trades but if there is a 2nd comp in works I'll probably just wait because of the number of trades already on my "want" list.
    There will almost certainly be a 2nd compendium. Hasn't been solicited yet but I'd be really shocked if it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by job View Post
    heres some invincible fanart....I love this book, but man, the origin story in this was redic.....
    Nice work! Is it yours?

Yeah, I don't know. I don't think it's the colors that make his existing art look worse. I think he is drawing different. Whether that's because of the colorist or just a gradual shift, it just seems different to me, and I do not like what I'm seeing as much as what I'm used to. I can't really put my finger on why, though. I'll reread the recent issues all at once soon enough, anyway. Who knows, I might change my mind. That's just my recent impression.

Agreed on not knowing which character I could do without! Don't do it, Kirkman.
    I could do without duplikate lol. I liked Ffo Placenscia better too, but John Rauch kind of makes Ryan Ottley's work look more realistic

Is it just me, or is their no solicitation for #101?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Montana View Post
    Is it just me, or is their no solicitation for #101?
    Not just you, no February solicitation for 101. Guessing it's because they are really pushing things to get 100 (an extra sized issue) out by January. Ryan will need some recovery time I would think.

Not just you, no February solicitation for 101. Guessing it's because they are really pushing things to get 100 (an extra sized issue) out by January. Ryan will need some recovery time I would think.
    Well, you got it all wrong. Everybody dies in issue 100, so no need to solicit issue 101.