Last edited by MythicBrawn; 09-29-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Read issue #95 last night, it was ok. I wasn't that impressed with it. I usually walk away pumped but first time in awhile I wasn't impressed.
One of the Invincible 100 covers, looks awesome. Omni-Man's mustache steals the show.
Issue 96 out now!!
Now that's what I'm talking about. Last issue didn't get much love from me but this one was back to being super awesome. I think it was probably because we got back to seeing what was up with some of the other story lines besides the Flaxan stuff. I was looking forward to seeing what happened with Robot and Monster Girl but it dragged a little. This issue gave us more glimpses of all the other awesome plots we've been missing. My thoughts:
end of spoilers
- Was a bit surprised how easily they ended up beating the Flaxans and Amanda's kid. A lot of build up for a quick resolution.
- Looks like Zandale's got some explaining to do to his parents. Guess that's leading into the next issue. Looking forward to getting that story. And loved that Cecil had signed his cast.
- Loved that Allen and Oliver missed the fight because they were with Tech Jacket getting some alien love. :lol:
- Liked seeing Oliver get a little redemption and showing some actual emotion and remorse. Still don't like him much but at least this was a positive step for him.
- Loved, loved, loved the Thragg and Kregg scene. Wouldn't have expected Kregg to be one of the first to crack and show some human emotion. That didn't take long.
- And Kregg's already got 12 women pregnant? Damn, will only take a generation or two at that rate for the V's to have a crazy powerful army again. But will they still view things like the Viltrumites used to?
- Enjoyed getting some Mark and Eve time again. Even though they're both down on themselves, it was still a pretty funny scene (and Sean's joke in the letter column about it was both surprisingly dirty and funny). Surprised Eve thought Mark was talking about her weight though, she should know by now that he likes the chub.
- What is Dinosaurus up to? That moronic move by Mark breaking him out it about to come back to haunt him.
- Touching moment between Robot (please stop calling him Rex) and Monster Girl quickly followed by Robot being a bit of a dick. Wonder what's going to happen with that situation?
A return to top notch form and the next couple of arcs have me nervously excited to see what's going to happen. I've been looking forward to the Zandale origin issue for 97 even though I want Mark back as Invincible. Kirkman in the letter page:
"I'm very proud of what we have coming up in issue 97. It's either going to be people's FAVORITE issue of the series...or their LEAST favorite....there is no in-between."
That makes me very excited and also nervous as hell. What's going to cause that kind of reaction? Also glad to see it will ship in 3 weeks on 11/14. Although I'll be in Jamaica then and won't be near a comic shop. I might have to buy it digitally so I can read it right away even though I enjoy reading comics digitally about as much as getting kicked in the balls.
Honestly, I had to side with Rex even after the super jerk reveal. Amanda had no business undermining him or getting involved with the Flaxans to such a degree. She didn't even know the language! Who knows what those people were really saying to her or plotting right in front of her face.
I guess I'm the only one fascinated by the Rex/Amanda story. And Amanda was not wrong. Well, she was, but so was Rex. That's the whole damn point of the story, they both fucked up majorly regarding the whole situation. The lesson is, if you find yourself trapped in another dimension with a belligerent empire of aliens, get out as soon as possible. Don't think you can change the world. Maybe this whole thing is even a precursor to something similar that will happen to Mark. Hopefully he listens to neither Rex or Amanda.
Good issue all around, great setups for what's coming soon.
Amanda showed her true character by not learning the language/culture of the Flaxans despite being there for 700 years. She really came across as a spoiled, entitled brat when she was whining about how hard the language was to learn. The Flaxans learned English and she couldn't learn Flaxan?!?!
I can understand Rex wanting to neutralize the Flaxans. Shut them down so the earth doesn't have to deal with them anymore. He may not have done it the best way, but he tried. Although, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And, we're seeing the result of Rex and Amanda's "good" intentions.
Anyways, can't wait for these next four issues, gonna be awesome.
Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 10-28-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.