Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

This is making me want to read issue #54 again.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

Quote Originally Posted by blackpariah View Post
    This is making me want to read issue #54 again.
    One of my favorite issues of the whole series.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    One of my favorite issues of the whole series.
    What was #54?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    What was #54?
    Mark time travels to the future where Immortal is Emporer and then him and Eve go on a globe trotting super date and say I love you for the first time.

Mark time travels to the future where Immortal is Emporer and then him and Eve go on a globe trotting super date and say I love you for the first time.
    That sounds pretty interesting.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    That sounds pretty interesting.
    It's also where the future Immortal mentions Mark having been sick, which is neat because it shows how far ahead Kirkman plans the stuff.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

The thing about that is, though people are saying that'd be a reference to this, considering that Immortal bit was so far in the future, wouldn't it seem odd for him to be referring to an event where Mark was sick, what, hundreds of years prior? Which I'm sure we'll see Mark get over some time in the next few years. It sounded like he was referring to something more recent in that bit, aka something far further in the future I'd say. Plus, the future is always changing, even going to the future and hearing that and coming back means that exact future probably won't happen, etc.

And hot damn I can't wait to get the answers to the Robot/Monster Girl stuff next month.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 05-12-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    DROKK IT!!

I thought Ottley really started to hit his stride mid-20's but issue 51 is when FCO came on board to do the coloring and Cliff Rathburn started full time inking and they really helped take things to a new level. That art team just kills it and you'll see amazing art from there on out.
    Yeah the colors are a lot better, more variation is the tones and hues.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    The thing about that is, though people are saying that'd be a reference to this, considering that Immortal bit was so far in the future, wouldn't it seem odd for him to be referring to an event where Mark was sick, what, hundreds of years prior?
    It only came up because, according to the Immortal, Mark looked a lot smaller than the last time he had seen him, leading him to think Mark might be sick again. It could have been a sickness that he gets later, but I think it makes sense that the Immortal would see a smaller Mark, assume that he is weakened and then connect that to the time where Mark got the Viltrumite virus and became weakened, at which point he was the same size as the future Immortal is seeing.

Something like that anyway... In any case, Immortal could definitely be referring to something else, but I think what is happening in the comic now fits too closely with what Immortal said for it to be coincidence.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Ultimate Collection 6 was really great, hopefully I can get number 7 from one of the libraries in the state. I was upset to see Conquest survive. When does trade 16 come out?
    Last edited by Rafa; 05-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Ultimate Collection 6 was really great, hopefully I can get number 7 from one of the libraries in the state. I was upset to see Conquest survive. When does trade 16 come out?
    Scheduled for July I believe.

Oh wow that sucks, I want to get caught up immediately.

Damn good issue. Loved the idea, and you can tell Kirkman had planned ahead, as Immortal did mention in the future timeline that Mark did become sick at one point.
    God, I love this comic. I want Mark back in the Invincible costume though. I mean, Bulletproof is cool and all, but it belongs with Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    The thing about that is, though people are saying that'd be a reference to this, considering that Immortal bit was so far in the future, wouldn't it seem odd for him to be referring to an event where Mark was sick, what, hundreds of years prior? Which I'm sure we'll see Mark get over some time in the next few years. It sounded like he was referring to something more recent in that bit, aka something far further in the future I'd say. Plus, the future is always changing, even going to the future and hearing that and coming back means that exact future probably won't happen, etc.

And hot damn I can't wait to get the answers to the Robot/Monster Girl stuff next month.
    I agree... and just to add a little. He didnt even remember Dupli-Kate or Eve(was it even Eve, he was talking about?). Why would he remember anything else about that time. Seeing as how Mark can live a loooong time. Mark's sickness and him leading the Empire could be 100's of years into the current issues future...

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    I agree... and just to add a little. He didnt even remember Dupli-Kate or Eve(was it even Eve, he was talking about?). Why would he remember anything else about that time. Seeing as how Mark can live a loooong time. Mark's sickness and him leading the Empire could be 100's of years into the current issues future...
    He kinda remembered Eve because he mentions a redhead. I still think this is an early reference to the Scourge virus and either Kirkman didn't fully have the timeline planned out at that point or Mark getting that glimpse of what is now only a possible future altered the timeline.