Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

I had my sister pick up the first trade for me on her way to our coed softball game this evening and I'm loving it. The "family matters" references in the first few books (I'm only on #4) are cracking me up.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    I had my sister pick up the first trade for me on her way to our coed softball game this evening and I'm loving it. The "family matters" references in the first few books (I'm only on #4) are cracking me up.

Look up the TPB names. Most of them I am too young for, but it is all old sitcoms. It's awesome.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    We're going to be getting a new Guarding the Globe ongoing series in September written by Phil Hester and drawn by Todd Nauck:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/...ies/54491686/1
    Awesome, once Bulletproof steps down from being Invincible I'll at least have this to keep reading
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Awesome, once Bulletproof steps down from being Invincible I'll at least have this to keep reading
    I saw the black Invincible is still on the Sep cover. With Hester writing maybe Firebreather can now join the team.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Did you only start reading when Bulletproof became Invincible? If so, you should consider giving it chance once he's not the "lead" any more. It's still a great super hero comic. And if it's diversity you're looking for, the Guardians of the Globe are very diverse and I'm sure will still have a huge presence in the comic like they always have.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Did you only start reading when Bulletproof became Invincible? If so, you should consider giving it chance once he's not the "lead" any more. It's still a great super hero comic. And if it's diversity you're looking for, the Guardians of the Globe are very diverse and I'm sure will still have a huge presence in the comic like they always have.
    Not digging Mark, he's not giving me the boring vibe I get from Superman but for me he doesn't stand out enough for me to want to follow him, in fact I've enjoyed the supporting cast( Eve in particular ) then Mark. I'm going back to read everything( I have a gap between current issues and the second hardcover to cover ) I might trade wait for the main since so far that's the only place to see Eve
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew

Whooooaaaahhhh, hold up. Mark is NOT boring. He not only gets his ass handed to him more than occasionally, but the character growth and moral dilemmas are fantastic. It really is a great series.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Whooooaaaahhhh, hold up. Mark is NOT boring. He not only gets his ass handed to him more than occasionally, but the character growth and moral dilemmas are fantastic. It really is a great series.
    Well, I agree with you but the guy's an Eve fan so at least he has good taste there. He's also correct about the supporting cast being excellent and interesting. One of the many things I love about this series.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Well, I agree with you but the guy's an Eve fan so at least he has good taste there. He's also correct about the supporting cast being excellent and interesting. One of the many things I love about this series.
    Yeah, while I like Mark just fine, I REALLY like the supporting cast. Very excited for the Guarding the Globe ongoing...
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Sorry but for me Mark's about as interesting as a piece of wood
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew

this here makes him very interesting in my book:

http://chroniclesofthenerds.com/wp-c...leTeaserlg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Superleo View Post
    this here makes him very interesting in my book:

http://chroniclesofthenerds.com/wp-c...leTeaserlg.jpg
    Which issue is that from?

It's awesome.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

It's awesome.
    Yeah i was going to ask the same thing. Wondering how long it'll be until I get there.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for getting me into this book. I had pretty much giving up on super hero books in my return to comics but I'm now a huge fan of "Invincible"!
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    Yeah i was going to ask the same thing. Wondering how long it'll be until I get there.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for getting me into this book. I had pretty much giving up on super hero books in my return to comics but I'm now a huge fan of "Invincible"!
    I really hope more creators put out superhero books. I want to see more new characters like Invincible and Mudman. I'm tired of big two superheroes. I want some more fresh content to make some noise in the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

It's awesome.
    Not sure exactly what issue it is from... but its during his battle with Conquest