Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

I'd love to see an Invincible animated movie or series. Pretty sure if they did a live action movie they would rape it.

Agreed that an animated series would be the best take. It's the best format to capture the intensity, freedom, and sheer speed and power of superheroics without looking cheesy. If they did live action with lots of effects it would likely be too stiff and dry or be over-processed and look fake and cheesy. Have you ever heard of the uncanny valley? It's a pretty fascinating theory and a lot of modern special effects fall into it....short version, when 3d modeled and CG stuff looks and acts ALMOST but not quite like real people, our brains freak right the hell out and it pulls us out. If you're interested, more reading here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

So, yeah, mature animation would ROCK.

Live action would never work.. they'd never be able to get the mustaches right.

but with all this animation of everything else under the sun.. why hasn't anyone revisited an Image cartoon (oh sorry, animation)?

I gotta agree Invincible would be great property for one, either mature or saturday morning..

Issue 90 is out today!!

Well this issue definitely keeps the current hot streak going. All kinds of awesomeness here. Quick thoughts:

spoilers:
    - Zandale, you better keep your damn hands to yourself or I will reach through that comic and whoop you myself before Mark even has a chance. Although Eve handled it exactly how I'd hope/expect she would. Still, unfortunately, I doubt this is the last we've seen of this drama.
    - Damn Dinosaurus is smart. And, damn, Thragg is a badass. Already knew that of course but I'm not sure we've fully seen exactly how strong he is. Dinosaurus bites off Omnipotuses' head after he just got done solo-ing the GotG but the same move on Thragg just gets him broken teeth without a scratch on Thragg. Good thing that Dinosaurus had a backup plan.
    - Dinosaurus must really find Mark useful to his plans to go through all that for him. Because I doubt he views him as a friend.
    - Oliver continues to get douchier by the issue. I think I'd actually smile if he died at this point. I used to argue against the people that thought he would go evil and be a villain for Mark. Now it looks like that's the way things are going. Also looks like he fully lost all the purple.
    - Nice to see Allen re-thinking his position. He's redeemed himself to me these last two issues.
    - Loved the art as always.
    - Guess this bloodline of Argall is powerful if Mark can survive the virus and be awake and on his feet by the end of the issue. It hasn't even been a day since the last issue when he was in the V's hospital right?
    end of spoilers

Really excellent read. Love this title.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by SavijMuhdrox View Post
    Live action would never work.. they'd never be able to get the mustaches right.

but with all this animation of everything else under the sun.. why hasn't anyone revisited an Image cartoon (oh sorry, animation)?

I gotta agree Invincible would be great property for one, either mature or saturday morning..
    I'd say to be truly effective and show the best of the character it would be better as a mature animation. What would Invincible be without all the blood shedding?

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Issue 90 is out today!!

Well this issue definitely keeps the current hot streak going. All kinds of awesomeness here. Quick thoughts:

spoilers:
    - Zandale, you better keep your damn hands to yourself or I will reach through that comic and whoop you myself before Mark even has a chance. Although Eve handled it exactly how I'd hope/expect she would. Still, unfortunately, I doubt this is the last we've seen of this drama.
    - Damn Dinosaurus is smart. And, damn, Thragg is a badass. Already knew that of course but I'm not sure we've fully seen exactly how strong he is. Dinosaurus bites off Omnipotuses' head after he just got done solo-ing the GotG but the same move on Thragg just gets him broken teeth without a scratch on Thragg. Good thing that Dinosaurus had a backup plan.
    - Dinosaurus must really find Mark useful to his plans to go through all that for him. Because I doubt he views him as a friend.
    - Oliver continues to get douchier by the issue. I think I'd actually smile if he died at this point. I used to argue against the people that thought he would go evil and be a villain for Mark. Now it looks like that's the way things are going. Also looks like he fully lost all the purple.
    - Nice to see Allen re-thinking his position. He's redeemed himself to me these last two issues.
    - Loved the art as always.
    - Guess this bloodline of Argall is powerful if Mark can survive the virus and be awake and on his feet by the end of the issue. It hasn't even been a day since the last issue when he was in the V's hospital right?
    end of spoilers

Really excellent read. Love this title.
    I don't think Zandale was trying to put any moves on Eve, he already has his own girlfriend as we saw at the end of the issue. I think it was just a misunderstanding of him trying to be to friendly. But Dinosaurus definitely had a "Batman moment" against Thragg.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    I don't think Zandale was trying to put any moves on Eve, he already has his own girlfriend as we saw at the end of the issue. I think it was just a misunderstanding of him trying to be to friendly.
    I don't. He was very obviously putting the moves on Eve and it came off as pretty sleezy. That's why later he was calling himself stupid just before that girl (doesn't have to be a serious girlfriend) walked in. And I think that was probably not a good move by Kirkman if he wants the readers to like Bulletproof in the costume. I've always liked the character but that scene didn't make him look good.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I don't. He was very obviously putting the moves on Eve and it came off as pretty sleezy. That's why later he was calling himself stupid just before that girl (doesn't have to be a serious girlfriend) walked in. And I think that was probably not a good move by Kirkman if he wants the readers to like Bulletproof in the costume. I've always liked the character but that scene didn't make him look good.
    Well we must just be interpreting scenes differently, all he said was: "I'm just saying I'm here for you. Whatever you need. Anything that would make you feel better." and then he reacted pretty shocked that she interpreted him as trying to put moves on to her. His dialogue was very neutral, and it is not males cannot be supportive to a woman without being attracted to her. I think his calling himself "stupid" was more berating himself for not being clear in his offer of support.

That scene came off as a misunderstanding on Eve's part, but Bulletproof's "unless that's what you WANT me to" reaction doomed him.

Well we must just be interpreting scenes differently, all he said was: "I'm just saying I'm here for you. Whatever you need. Anything that would make you feel better." and then he reacted pretty shocked that she interpreted him as trying to put moves on to her.
    Right, until he realized what she thought he was suggesting, and he answered "unless you WANT me to." That sealed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Right, until he realized what she thought he was suggesting, and he answered "unless you WANT me to." That sealed it.
    Sealed what? Seemed he just did not know how he should react to the awkward situation. Or are you agreeing that his original intention was not trying to put any moves on Eve.

This comment may be considered somewhat spoilery...

Really enjoyed this issue. (as per usual) Preview cover of next issue shows Dinosaurus looking well. Kind of surprised after the suffering he endured this issue...
    Last edited by knick_knick; 04-05-2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: possible spoiler

Sealed what? Seemed he just did not know how he should react to the awkward situation. Or are you agreeing that his original intention was not trying to put any moves on Eve.
    Douchebaggery. I don't know what his original intentions were, but once it became apparent fooling around was being discussed he seemed to openly offer.

Quote Originally Posted by knick_knick View Post
    This comment may be considered somewhat spoilery...

Really enjoyed this issue. (as per usual) Preview cover of next issue shows Dinosaurus looking well. Kind of surprised after the suffering he endured this issue...
    Kirkman's covers are notoriously misleading, so who knows...

I don't think Zandale was trying to put any moves on Eve, he already has his own girlfriend as we saw at the end of the issue. I think it was just a misunderstanding of him trying to be to friendly. But Dinosaurus definitely had a "Batman moment" against Thragg.
    He had a girlfriend when he slept with Outrun and he tried to get Monster-Girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    He had a girlfriend when he slept with Outrun and he tried to get Monster-Girl...
    I recall Monster-Girl trying to get with him and him being freaked out by it
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew