Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1091

Thread: Invincible

  1. #106
    Member Quest Mar-Vell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD. originally Oxnard,Ca.
    Posts
    885

    Default

    For his hair to match all he would have to do is take out his cornrows... and maybe trim it down a little

  2. #107
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Issue 89 is out today. A big change happens if you haven't seen the teasers so everything will be behind spoiler tags:

    spoilers:
    So first off, I just need to sit here and eat my crow. I've argued the whole time that the new Invincible would not be Bulletproof and I was wrong. I still think they missed an opportunity to introduce a brand new character but the way he was introduced made sense. So for everyone who guessed it was Bulletproof - you are more clever then me (in this particular case anyway, let's not get crazy).

    As to the issue itself - Another in a really strong run of recent issues. The most recent stuff has been some of the best that the series has seen. Some quick thoughts:
    - Loving Thragg more each issue. That dude is a badass.
    - Eve is definitely looking a little more slim. I feel bad for her though, she just keeps having more shitting situations dumped on her to deal with.
    - Looks like Mark is probably the heir of Argal. Interested to see what comes from that.
    - I'm thinking that the V's are going to be impressed by Dinosaurus. Possibly leading to him working with them instead of / in addition to Mark. Lot's of potential storylines there.
    - Love Ottley's art as always. Really liked the first look of Zandale in the costume mirroring the two page poster spread.
    - Looked like Cecil was really worried about Mark in a personal way. Nice to see he cares. I was enjoying seeing the two of them start to repair their relationship.
    end of spoilers

    In other words, I loved it. Really great stuff as usual. It earns a solid A grade from me.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  3. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    spoilers:
    - Looks like Mark is probably the heir of Argal. Interested to see what comes from that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    While I agree that it's probably a truth, I need to ask - what about Nolan? How could he not know he is a heir of Argall too? Unless it's not about being blood related, but about having some similarities in the DNA that showed up in Mark's case.
    end of spoilers

  4. #109
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    spoilers:
    While I agree that it's probably a truth, I need to ask - what about Nolan? How could he not know he is a heir of Argall too? Unless it's not about being blood related, but about having some similarities in the DNA that showed up in Mark's case.
    end of spoilers
    That's a good question. Not sure I even have a theory. But I still think that's what that news means.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  5. #110
    Sexual Chocolate! E-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    101

    Default

    The big reveal of who is wearing the costume seems more like smoke and mirrors. I think it's only going to last for a little bit that it's not going to end up being as major as we think.


    SPOILERS












    What I think will happen is that Mark finds out he's the real heir to the Viltrumite empire, and that the real shift in focus of the book is toward Mark leading the Viltrumites rather than focus on Bulletproof's adventures as Invincible. Bulletproof has always been a background character, and I think he'll stay that way.





    OT: How do you use spoiler tags on this forum? On other forums it's different than here.

  6. #111
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
    The big reveal of who is wearing the costume seems more like smoke and mirrors. I think it's only going to last for a little bit that it's not going to end up being as major as we think.


    SPOILERS




    What I think will happen is that Mark finds out he's the real heir to the Viltrumite empire, and that the real shift in focus of the book is toward Mark leading the Viltrumites rather than focus on Bulletproof's adventures as Invincible. Bulletproof has always been a background character, and I think he'll stay that way.





    OT: How do you use spoiler tags on this forum? On other forums it's different than here.
    I tend to agree with your thoughts here. Which makes me happy because I want Mark to be the focus of the book.

    For spoilers: [spoil ] without the space before your text and [/spoil ] without the space after the text.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  7. #112
    voice of reason wiski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Yeah, I had a power outage today so I spent a bunch of time reading through my Invincible trades.
    spoilers:
    I hit issue 54 and got my answer as to if Mark survives.
    end of spoilers
    Kinda wish I hadn't.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

  8. #113
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Yeah, I had a power outage today so I spent a bunch of time reading through my Invincible trades.
    spoilers:
    I hit issue 54 and got my answer as to if Mark survives.
    end of spoilers
    Kinda wish I hadn't.
    I don't know. I'm not convinced that that future is set in stone. I believe it was a possible future but things can change. We saw a whole different possible future when Mark was trapped in that dimension after beating up Angstrom. By coming back in time, the Guardians averted that future. So it doesn't spoil anything for me because I believe it isn't set in stone.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  9. #114
    Member Quest Mar-Vell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD. originally Oxnard,Ca.
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    That's a good question. Not sure I even have a theory. But I still think that's what that news means.
    I have a theory...
    spoilers:
    Im thinking he wasnt really heir. like a great grandson or something... im willing to bet Nolan's bloodline is just part of the royal families. So basically as the last surviving royal he is the heir...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Quest Mar-Vell; 02-29-2012 at 11:11 PM.

  10. #115
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    I have a theory...
    spoilers:
    Im thinking he wasnt really heir. like a great grandson or something... im willing to bet Nolan's bloodline is just part of the royal families. So basically as the last surviving royal he is the heir...
    end of spoilers
    Makes more sense then the two wacky theories I came up with:

    spoilers:
    Or Nolan was Argall's secret love child that he hid away and didn't tell anyone about. I'm mostly joking of course but it would have to be something like that for Nolan not to know about it.

    Do Viltrumite's raise their own children? Maybe they pass them around for training and raising and to avoid the weakness of emotional attachment and don't know whose is whose. I don't know. But I don't know what else it could mean that Mark's DNA matches something that shocks Thragg and he wants kept secret and makes him contemplative while staring at Argall's skull.
    end of spoilers
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  11. #116
    Member Quest Mar-Vell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD. originally Oxnard,Ca.
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Its funny that we have the same responses to each other on two different boards... lol

  12. #117
    Sexual Chocolate! E-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I tend to agree with your thoughts here. Which makes me happy because I want Mark to be the focus of the book.

    For spoilers: [spoil ] without the space before your text and [/spoil ] without the space after the text.

    Ahhhhhhhh, so that's it. I kept using [spoiler][/spoiler] like other forums, but now I've seen the light!

    Anyway,

    spoilers:

    I'm thinking the tag of Invincible shifts from his superhero name to the legacy of the Viltrumites. This whole time Mark has been calling himself Invincible because of his powers, but now the name could mean that the Viltrumites are hard to destroy. They're an endangered race, but Mark brings them back from the brink of extinction and makes them stronger over how ever many issues they run with it.
    end of spoilers

  13. #118
    The Governator ImpulseUCF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Damn. Just, wow. I love this series so much. I didn't think it was possible, but I think Invincible has just barely edged out The Walking Dead as my current favorite, though Kirkman probably just has us in the quiet before the awesome storm there. Still, I LOVE this book.

    spoilers:

    • Mark has to be in some way tied to Argal, but I'm not sure why something would shoe in his DNA and not Nolan's. Maybe it's not paternity/heir stuff as we know it, but some certain pattern or combination of traits. Wouldn't it be something if Mark's having human DNA had something to do with it?
    • I loved the scene with Allen and Dinosaurus. Funny.
    • Rauch has won me over. He seems to have found his voice for this book in a way that doesn't clash, and it owns.
    • Did anyone read the letters pages? If so....Angstrom Levy and the Altvincibles are coming back! And holy fuck, think how epic that fight will be now that Mark has more V's to back him up. Holy bloodlust, Batman!
    • I'm excited about Cory coming back to do the Rex/Monster Girl backup.

    end of spoilers

    What a great series. My only nitpick is Ottley's drawing Thragg way, WAY too thick. It almost looks silly, but I can let it slide because he's supposed to be the ultimate badass and because Ottley just owns.

  14. #119
    Senior Member capuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    [QUOTE=ImpulseUCF;14804346]
    spoilers:

    • Mark has to be in some way tied to Argal, but I'm not sure why something would shoe in his DNA and not Nolan's. Maybe it's not paternity/heir stuff as we know it, but some certain pattern or combination of traits. Wouldn't it be something if Mark's having human DNA had something to do with it?
    end of spoilers
    • It's possible that Nolan is also but doesn't know. Might not have ever had a reason to get tested.

      Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
      spoilers:
    • Did anyone read the letters pages? If so....Angstrom Levy and the Altvincibles are coming back! And holy fuck, think how epic that fight will be now that Mark has more V's to back him up. Holy bloodlust, Batman!
    • end of spoilers
      I saw that. Should be fun. spoilers:
      But Mark wouldn't even need help against most of them and I would think Thragg could single handedly take out the rest. It would be a mismatch if the other V's are involved. I'd like to see it be something that Mark has to deal with himself.
      end of spoilers

      Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
      spoilers:
    • I'm excited about Cory coming back to do the Rex/Monster Girl backup.
    • end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    spoilers:

    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's a good use of Cory. But I always prefer to have Ottley art. But I'm excited to finally get some answers as to what happened between those two.
    end of spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    What a great series. My only nitpick is Ottley's drawing Thragg way, WAY too thick. It almost looks silly, but I can let it slide because he's supposed to be the ultimate badass and because Ottley just owns.
    He is definitely thicker then he started out as but I don't mind because it just fits what a badass that character is.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

    Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

  15. #120
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Was there any hinting at an affair between Eve and Bulletproof, or was that just me?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •