Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    i was a little skeptical at first, but after reading issue 94 today, i'm really liking the this arc so far. seems like there are a lot of possibilities that can happen with this new community. and that compound they have on top of the hill seems like an ideal location for a community. i'm wondering if events that take place in dealing with this community are leading the way for something to fear, or if that's going to be something completely new. i'm also finding the character of jesus to be very intriguing.
    Just finished #94 myself, and I came away liking the Jesus character. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, I'm of the midset that Abraham is going to make a move for leadership of the community. Then Rick won't have the authority to barter with this other set of communities, and maybe cause some friction with them if Abraham kills off Jesus or something like that. At first I was Hesistant at Larger World but this latest issue has me intrigued.

As for the TV show, I like that it deviates from the comic and I hate it at the same time. I wish Dale was still around, as after Shane eventually dies you will have Rick, Daryll, Glann and T-Dog(does he even have lines?). I could see Rick and Daryll butting heads, Glenn will follow Rick, and T-Dog is a waste of a character. I really hope Michonne appears as I can't see the group surviving the Governor without her bad assness.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post

I still don't get that Mad Men thing. The show pulls in 2-3 million according to tvguide, while TWD pulls in 5 to 6 million. You'd think AMC would be smart and tell the creator of Mad Men to take it or leave it and then devote more into their biggest show. And besides, Mad Men is a novelty thing, I don't think it will even continue to maintain the 2-3 million and drop down to 1-2 within a year or two. I mean sure, the red head with the fake boobs is fun to look at but other than that.. I'd much rather watch 30 Rock when I feel the need to see people in monkey suits.
    mad men get preferential treatment cause it's a critical darling. AMC think it's best to support that show.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
    I worry about Tyreese when it comes to the show. Tyreese in the comics is an excellent character that never fits in any stereotypes, and he's easy as hell to like as a character. The show on the other hand has a walking stereotype in T-Dogg. I still can't get over the fact that they gave the guy the name T-Dogg. I worry that they have problems writing black people, and that when Michonne shows up they'll tone her down far too much because they don't think black women could be bad ass like that. The same with Tyreese. I really hope I'm wrong, but dammit T-Dogg's existence doesn't help that.
    that's the same fears i have, which was brought up in the tv/film board.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    i was a little skeptical at first, but after reading issue 94 today, i'm really liking the this arc so far. seems like there are a lot of possibilities that can happen with this new community. and that compound they have on top of the hill seems like an ideal location for a community. i'm wondering if events that take place in dealing with this community are leading the way for something to fear, or if that's going to be something completely new. i'm also finding the character of jesus to be very intriguing.
    Im liking this new arc very much too for the same reason. Its hard to see what will happen with this new community, trading, many new people to meet and maybe fight. Jesus is much more interesting when he shows he was testing Rick and not when he first appeared was kicked their ass.

I cant wait to see how Rick will react. He has not had reasons to feel good about meeting new people.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

The new arc has a lot of potential of really building upon the comics "universe". As much as I like Rick, Andrea, and Carl, I was starting to get worried about their longevity because if they die with the way things are in the comic right now, I'd lose a lot of interest in the comic. But seeing as how the new arc is going to be introducing us to a lot of new people, I'm seeing the potential of finding new characters to lke besides Rick, Andrea, and Carl. And yes, I said Carl twice.

In Defense of Carl:
    I know some of you hate him in the comic, and some hate him in the show, but I like both versions. But when people call him a sociopath, it makes me wonder if they learned the definition from that word from some really bad cop show. Carl may at times be anti social but he killed Ben out of moral responsibility. Yes, he can be harsh as well but that's because when he looks around the community, he sees a bunch of Kim Kardashians, and by that I mean, he seems a bunch of airheads who seem to not realize just how fucked up things are, and he's also totally lost his childhood.

We've all seen what happens to people who lose their childhood, they end up building amusement parks on their property, and having slumber parties with kids when they're in their forties. Well, I don't see that happening with Carl but he is going to be bitter.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 03-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    The new arc has a lot of potential of really building upon the comics "universe". As much as I like Rick, Andrea, and Carl, I was starting to get worried about their longevity because if they die with the way things are in the comic right now, I'd lose a lot of interest in the comic. But seeing as how the new arc is going to be introducing us to a lot of new people, I'm seeing the potential of finding new characters to lke besides Rick, Andrea, and Carl. And yes, I said Carl twice.

In Defense of Carl:
    I know some of you hate him in the comic, and some hate him in the show, but I like both versions. But when people call him a sociopath, it makes me wonder if they learned the definition from that word from some really bad cop show. Carl may at times be anti social but he killed Ben out of moral responsibility. Yes, he can be harsh as well but that's because when he looks around the community, he sees a bunch of Kim Kardashians, and by that I mean, he seems a bunch of airheads who seem to not realize just how fucked up things are, and he's also totally lost his childhood.

We've all seen what happens to people who lose their childhood, they end up building amusement parks on their property, and having slumber parties with kids when they're in their forties. Well, I don't see that happening with Carl but he is going to be bitter.
    Quoted for truth.
    Also I wanted to say that this "Jesus" character appearing seems like it could be a funny theory that this is actually Jesus and this was his Second Coming and that caused the zombie apocalypse. I don't seriously think that, but it's a fun thought I just realized. Kinda like the "because of Aliens" joke.

BANNED

man, loved this issue. the following covers make more sense now. excited for where this is going.
    what did you guys think if this one? some pay off, yeah?

next issue in three weeks!!!

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    man, loved this issue. the following covers make more sense now. excited for where this is going.

Can't wait for the next issue. This storyline has legs, and I like where it's going. Jesus is one of the more interesting characters in this series. I kept expecting him to be The Governor 2.0, but he seems legit. And watching Rick go from total paranoia and fear to trusting Jesus was a great piece of writing by Kirkman. He's so damaged and twisted, and watching the process was really cool. After being screwed over time and again by this world, he's softening a bit.

I still think Abraham will be pushed by Holly into taking over the Settlement (what do they call it?). I don't trust her around him.

Poor Eugene...that's all I got.

I love comic!Carl. I'm not a fan of television!Carl.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post

TOTALLY agree. Introduction of many new characters felt very natural. Then we learn that this new society isn't the threat, there's this baddie that is hassling THEM! Seems like that dude may even be on the scale of the Gov!

This issue killed it! I feel like we are just ramping up to some CRAZY shizzy.
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugdave View Post
    TOTALLY agree. Introduction of many new characters felt very natural. Then we learn that this new society isn't the threat, there's this baddie that is hassling THEM! Seems like that dude may even be on the scale of the Gov!

This issue killed it! I feel like we are just ramping up to some CRAZY shizzy.
    That last page. Awesome.

Yes, I've got a feeling that things are about to escalate beyond what Rick, Michonne, Glenn, Andrea, and Carl expect.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

I've got this bad feeling that Kirkman's gonna pull another BIG SHIFT by having Rick and company return to the settlement after this arc to find it completely overrun and everyone, or most everyone, dead. I think he's got all the toys he wants to save in the away team.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Necessiter View Post
    I've got this bad feeling that Kirkman's gonna pull another BIG SHIFT by having Rick and company return to the settlement after this arc to find it completely overrun and everyone, or most everyone, dead. I think he's got all the toys he wants to save in the away team.
    Yeah, that's a good possibility.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

I hadnt thought that at all... that would be one hell of a shift

Really liked this issue. It really contrasted how different Rick has become compared to people who have spent most of their time inside settlements and can casually much easier while at the same time setting new plot threads. They are basically dropping into the equivalent of tribal warfare.

Well that was pretty damn awesome. Really feel things are heating up for some craziness. But I can't decide if his latest actions will put Rick and company on the outs with these new communities or if I think he will end up being in charge because he's got that tough attitude and is going to help defend the hilltop from this other community. Either way I'm predicting awesomeness though.

It's hard to blame Rick for this one though. Just trying to keep a guy from getting murdered and then protecting himself. Don't see anything wrong with that (although I'm sure it's going to have consequences) and I loved that "What?" last page. I wonder who this Crystal is that everyone on the hilltop would just stand around and watch their leader get killed to save her.

I love that we're seeing more of the world and new communities and I'm glad that the next issue is in 3 weeks because I'm dying to see what happens next.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home