Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

I think Kirkman was just trying to make us think that they were going to attack the community so that Rick being ambushed would be a surprise.

I re-read #100 yesterday and I noticed one of the panels when Glenn is getting his head bashed in, Rick's facial expression is just perfect, it just totally sells the scene. Kirkman and Adlard really make a damn good couple, Kirkman should just leave his wife and marry the guy already.

Oh, and there's too many Walking Dead threads on this damn forum.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 08-02-2012 at 02:45 PM.

BANNED

you should see the Batman threads!

I would love to see Rick become someone like the Governor or Nagen and Carl was the one to put him down....

Hrmm, a father joining the dark side and then his son having to be the one to put him down.

Hasn't that kind of been done before in a galaxy.. far... far... away?

Besides, Carl emulates Rick so if Rick became like the Governor or the Neg, chances are Carl would just become the mini version.

And am I the only one who wants to see Team Grimes wipe out most of the Neg's gang and then have Rick or even Maggie just torture the Neg in front of the remaining ones, just totally do to him what he did to Glenn only in a much slower way? I imagine would go on about how it would be too Michonne/Governor like but eh, it would be poetic justice.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 08-02-2012 at 07:36 PM.

BANNED

That wouldn't really be poetic justice.

True, it would just be returning the favor or tit for tat like.

But at this point in the story, it really is Maggie who should be the one to end Negan since it was her husband, not Ricks, so she just deserves to be the one to do it. Plus, if Kirkman has her end Negan, it would put her over as an aggressive character after spending years being a 50's wife.

On the bright side, it seems the Maggie in the show is going to be a lot tougher than the one in the comic, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    True, it would just be returning the favor or tit for tat like.

But at this point in the story, it really is Maggie who should be the one to end Negan since it was her husband, not Ricks, so she just deserves to be the one to do it. Plus, if Kirkman has her end Negan, it would put her over as an aggressive character after spending years being a 50's wife.

On the bright side, it seems the Maggie in the show is going to be a lot tougher than the one in the comic, which is nice.
    I agree, I like the thought of Maggie being the one to take Lucille to Negan's head. Still deciding if I want Sophia to join in or not. I think probably not. She's not hardened like Carl so I'm not sure I'd make her kill someone.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

I could just see her now fighting along side team Grimes and right when Rick is about to plug Negan and end it, she comes up to Rick, asks him to step aside, then just wails on Negan over and over and over again while Negan's most loyal just have to watch. It just would be the perfect in my opinion and it would be a hell of a lot better of an ending than the ending we got to the prison story arc. Rick put his sons safety first at the end of that story but it still left a sour taste in my mouth because I wanted to see Michonne or Rick or Glenn take the Governor's head. So I'm really hoping the current storyline ends with Maggie or Rick taking Negan apart, or even Sophia. I'm not against her being hardened a little especially since chances are, it will be her and Carl at one point who are the lead characters.

Let's not forget that Maggie killed the prisoner who decapitated her two little sisters. At the time it was surprising, and I think with how she's been for something like 70 issues, it would be surprising again, but totally justified.

On the other hand, I see Maggie just as likely to give up - maybe finish that suicide attempt from when team Grimes was searching for shelter. I hope not - I, too, want to see Negan crucified, but I thought the Governor's ending was realistic and suitable.

I mean, I didn't anticipate it, but when Lilly blasted him in the face I thought "OF COURSE!" of course the people of Woodbury were going to see him for the monster that he is and take action.

I would LOVE for Team Grimes to get their brutal, gory revenge, if not on the entier group, at least the assholes. Leave enough to keep the expanded world idea in place instead of forcing them back on the road.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

There's a big lead up to a showdown with Negan and right at the apex of the preparation arc Rick's gonna get accidentally hit by a bus in issue #114. It'll be two panels, shrug, and then moving on with the book focusing on Eugene as he bites people in the crotch to Alexandria's freedom from tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    There's a big lead up to a showdown with Negan and right at the apex of the preparation arc Rick's gonna get accidentally hit by a bus in issue #114. It'll be two panels, shrug, and then moving on with the book focusing on Eugene as he bites people in the crotch to Alexandria's freedom from tyranny.

If this happens, I'm going to be very upset with you.

Thoughts and review of issue #100

The clouds weep in New Orleans as I finish reading the 100th issue of Walking Dead. Wow. Just wow. The last time we met Rick and the crew, they were on their way to the Hilltop to re-up after a failed attack from the Negans on the Community. Andrea is left in position to defend the Community while Rick, Carl, Michonne, and Heath hit the road. Glenn, now pregnant Maggie, and Sophia also join them with prospects of a new and stable future at the Hilltop, welcoming the new addition to their family.

Unable to reach the Hilltop by nightfall, the crew decides to make camp for the night. The fuckery begins. Negan, the real Negan, and fifty more or so of his dubbed “saviors” ambush the camp. Outnumbered and outweaponed, our friends surrender. The vile Negan continues to fiddle with their brewing angst as well as their fear. Eager for retribution for his dead men, he painstakingly selects his first victim with a rhyme of eenie, meenie, minie, mo. Glenn was IT. With a baseball bat wrapped in barbwire, he bludgeoned our beloved Glenn in front of his made daughter and pregnant wife. More to Rick’s dismay, Negan threatens to force-feed Carl’s remaining eye to Sophia if anyone dare intervene the bloody, heinous spectacle. For the next dozen panels, we watch Glenn’s eyeballs bulge to deformation while his brains get repeatedly beaten to pulp. “M-m-m-Maggie!” were his last words. Negan and his flock then disband after a plan of extortion has been put in place, sparing Rick and the rest of their lives. On the last page, we see Glenn’s lifeless body and a puddle of mess where his head used to be.

I read this scene with much difficulty and in the end, I thought “Damn you, Kirkman. What a cheap blow for shock value!” It’s no coincidence that Maggie’s pregnancy was revealed just three issues ago. Perhaps it’s Kirkman’s way of softening the blow by carrying on Glen’s legacy through a son? Or making us feel even more horrid watching him get beat out of his chance at fatherhood? Or a simple ploy to get Glen and Maggie out of the Community so we can watch her witness his death, making his exit even more heart-wrenching. Nonetheless, I was truly blown away. I haven’t felt this indignant about the death of a happy-go-lucky character since General Hughes in Fullmetal. I can’t wait to see the outrage and response letters from the fans. I know Glenn was A LOT of people’s favorite character in this series.

So in proper memorandum to one of the most loved and forever remembered characters of the Walking Dead…

RIP Glen [Issue #2-100]

(Cover of Issue #90)

So I just read #101. That went by fast. Looks like #102 is set-up to be an interrogation/torture issue...

BANNED

yeah, it was over just as soon as I started it. I kinda hate that about this book.