Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    LOl... no one can know at this point. Otis and Dale lasted alot longer in the book and Sophia(while worthless) is still in the book. Shane lasted longer in the show... Anybody that tells you that the show is following the book hasnt read the book....
    Yes i absolutely agree, thats why whenever i hear "oh shane is gonna die soon cuz he dies in the comic" im like WTF??

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Well...

spoilers:
    Shane is going to die soon. The actor who plays him has been in cast in a new show, and someone at AMC slipped by posting the details of the upcoming blu ray set and one of the extras is "the last Shane episode". The sad thing is, I think some fans of the show will be upset even though Shane is a pigheaded, attempted rapist.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 03-07-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    Well...

spoilers:
    Shane is going to die soon. The actor who plays him has been in cast in a new show, and someone at AMC slipped by posting the details of the upcoming blu ray set and one of the extras is "the last Shane episode". The sad thing is, I think some fans of the show will be upset even though Shane is a pigheaded, attempted rapist.
    end of spoilers
    The show is going to be garbage without the antagonist.

I don't see it that way..

spoilers:
    The Governor is on tap for season 3 and the Governor makes Shane look like a girlscout. And besides, I'm looking forward to reading posts from fans who liked Shane because they felt he was better than Rick whine a lot. Personally, Rick and Daryl are the real men in the show, there the ones who look out for others and have integrity, and those are the two things that make one a man. Shane is just a big manchild and when he doesn't get his way, he gets sand in is vagina and pitches a bitch. Thats why I wasn't fond of how for awhile it looked like Andrea was becoming a bitch like Shane. But I think Dale's death is going to make her more of a human being.
    end of spoilers

I don't see it that way..

spoilers:
    The Governor is on tap for season 3 and the Governor makes Shane look like a girlscout. And besides, I'm looking forward to reading posts from fans who liked Shane because they felt he was better than Rick whine a lot. Personally, Rick and Daryl are the real men in the show, there the ones who look out for others and have integrity, and those are the two things that make one a man. Shane is just a big manchild and when he doesn't get his way, he gets sand in is vagina and pitches a bitch. Thats why I wasn't fond of how for awhile it looked like Andrea was becoming a bitch like Shane. But I think Dale's death is going to make her more of a human being.
    end of spoilers
    I like Daryl, he has good potential either way. I'll miss the Shane & Rick rivalry more than I will Shane. Looking forward to seeing what this Governor guy brings to the table.

If the show casts someone to play Tyrese, and if they then stay semi loyal to the secondary plots, then Rick will have someone new to have friction with. However, as long as they just cast someone to play Michonne I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 03-07-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I find these criticisms overblown. How hard is it to kick or swing a sword at a slow moving stumbling corpse?
    Yeah how hard is it to kick a slow motion moving zombie. Even us regular non-highly trained killers would be able to kick zombie down, cut their head off. When its one on one they have no chance. Its really when you freak out that you die against zombie or when its a big herd.

Lamest critic of the comics i have heard of. They are not fighting fast, highly trained killers who can kick back, kill Michone, Jesus.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I know when Shane dies... and I cant wait til Michonne shows up. The Gov has been cast and next season is gonna be exciting

What do you guys feel about the new arc, the potential of Larger World ? Them leaving their cozy community, going out in danger with humans, zombies again ?

Im feeling tense, worried about the characters again with this new arc, since it has been calm, safe for them ever since they started defending their walls well. I cant wait to see new characters, the potential.

Im asking these things because the old TWD thread was alot more talks about recent issues. Im sick of talking weaker, safer,tamer tv version in both comic and tv show thread.

The tv show cant have taken over the interest for the best zombie story ?
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I feel like the new arc in the comic might really change the...formula...mindset? of the series. I think since people/spcoety has bee living with zombies for so long now, zombies are just the new "dangerous wild animal" and that society has basically reverted back to the tribalism mindset (but with modern tools). I would be surprised if Kirkman ever does another big "prison death" type of event (the No Way Out arc was sorta of a fake-out version of that IMO). So it might almost change tones to something like...I don't know...a Planet of the Apes or Dune type of tone but with zombies?

As for the show, I have not seen any of the season yet, but from I heard I'm pretty surprised/frustrated that they chose to kill of Dale and Sophia, since they were pretty important characters to Glenn & Maggie and Andrea and Rick & Carl in the comic, I don't know if I like the show deviating that much.

BANNED

I'm really excited for where the book is going these days. Pretty anxious for the next issue.

If the show casts someone to play Tyrese, and if they then stay semi loyal to the secondary plots, then Rick will have someone new to have friction with. However, as long as they just cast someone to play Michonne I'll be happy.
    I worry about Tyreese when it comes to the show. Tyreese in the comics is an excellent character that never fits in any stereotypes, and he's easy as hell to like as a character. The show on the other hand has a walking stereotype in T-Dogg. I still can't get over the fact that they gave the guy the name T-Dogg. I worry that they have problems writing black people, and that when Michonne shows up they'll tone her down far too much because they don't think black women could be bad ass like that. The same with Tyreese. I really hope I'm wrong, but dammit T-Dogg's existence doesn't help that.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
    I worry that they have problems writing black people, and that when Michonne shows up they'll tone her down far too much because they don't think black women could be bad ass like that
    Aye, I'm a bit concerned about that myself because of how they're handing T-Dogg..

Sorry, day late but here is a little expounding---

last issue, super ninja Jesus has his hands tied and he's our battling a hord of zombies. Jumping up in the air, doing spinning backkicks. One panel he has his boot at the level of a zombie's head--all while his hands are tied, so he isn't needing his upper body to help balance or anything. I have trouble with those two pages. They aren't realistic...I know, I know..."it's a zombie book, man." Just doesn't seem concurrent with the level of realism established in the first forty books or so. Seems comic booky to me. "Look y'all, see how badass our new character is."

If your dojo is teaching you how to do that stuff, sign me up bro.

Michana's super sharp sword that slices thru anything like a ginza knife has always bug me too.

Just one of those things, I have to deal with sometimes.

--With all due respect to the goddam Batman, I kind of prefer the tv series right now. We'll see where these communities' storyline goes.
    David Bowie fan

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    What do you guys feel about the new arc, the potential of Larger World ? Them leaving their cozy community, going out in danger with humans, zombies again ?
    i was a little skeptical at first, but after reading issue 94 today, i'm really liking the this arc so far. seems like there are a lot of possibilities that can happen with this new community. and that compound they have on top of the hill seems like an ideal location for a community. i'm wondering if events that take place in dealing with this community are leading the way for something to fear, or if that's going to be something completely new. i'm also finding the character of jesus to be very intriguing.
    SPACE FOR RENT!