Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post

I'm more excited for the upcoming issues than I've been in a while. I wish they could come out faster so I could devour them. I am addicted.
    +1; I think Kirkman did well early on to realize people wasting zombies gets boring fast. The best parts of the book for me have been when he explores just how depraved certain individuals become - the Governor being the prime example. The human element really drives this book IMO and revealing the "larger world," is the logical next step.

BANNED

Oh I looked again and the cover for 94 is in ToT #1. It's just super tiny.

Anyway: spoilers:
    it's basically the same cover as 93, but with a few people with backpacks set out toward the smoke plumes. Or something like that. It's hella small and hard to see.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    This is sooo cute!!!

My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

What is Andrea thinking?
    With a speech like that her chance of surviving the next storyline dropped to 5%. Or would be, if Kirkman were equally predictable as an average hollywood writer. With him as a writer I would still give her 30%, which wouldn't be too much below the average life expectancy in this comic.

I mean it btw: considering how strong this cliche is, I doubt there are many real life people who would dare to make a speech like that.
    To those who claim that the general public thinks of Batgirl as Barbara Gordon, let me tell you:
    The general public thinks of Batgirl as "just like Supergirl, only for Batman, right?"

BANNED

If expect that to be a curve ball, but maybe Kirkman wants us to think that... or maybe he wants us to want to think that... oh man, she's doomed! Doomed I say!

We'll see. 100 is coming up fast.

Andrea forcing Rick to take her with the group and dying wouldn't be as tragic as Rick chosing Glenn to go and then having Glenn be the one that dies. I think the later would really mess with Rick's mind and he'd have Maggie to deal with.

I'm seeing shades of the Governor in the way Rick's determined to survive even if it means taking over the new society they could be on the cusp of. Love it!
    No More Heroes: the greatest comic ever written (by me). FREE ten page preview on official website.

I think Maggie's too mentally unstable to handle it, too. She's regressing almost completely to Carol-territory.

I thought it was a little cliche that Carl hid in the van and came with the group. I kind of felt like it was coming, and all I could think of was The Lost World where Malcolm's daughter stowed away to the island. Not a big fan of that move.

And yeah, Rick is starting to get cray cray. His eventual downfall will be pretty devastating. I hope Aaron sticks around, he's good people.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

He was just saying if they're bad people, they'll what needs to be done to protect themselves and that they may as well take what they need while they're at it, which is totally reasonable. Now the Governor on the other hand, he wouldn't have cared if the entire population of the prison had been boyscouts and nuns, he was going to take what he wanted regardless. But well, the Governor was a douchey kiddie diddler, so one can't expect much from a guy like that. spoilers:
    As for Jesus, the guy can really work miracles. He somehow made Carl seem more human, and Rick seems totally ready to let Jesus into his life. At this point I'm half expecting Jesus to turn water into wine and bring Lori back to life.
    end of spoilers

I was excited - had enough time at lunch to read this after I got done with Invincible. Usually only have enough time for one comic.

spoilers:
    An enjoyable issue although I felt it slowed down the momentum of the last couple of issues a bit. Doesn't seem like we're going to get much time in the new communities if the Something to Fear arc starts in 97 and they haven't even met the new people yet. Still, this was good setup and a decent read. A couple quick thoughts:
    - I know people thought Andrea claiming she'll live was bad foreshadowing but I didn't get that vibe. She's just trying to Rick around to being with her instead of worrying that she get killed if they're together. I actually thought it was a nice moment between them. And again makes me appreciate how much I like comic book Andrea and how much I hate that tv show Andrea isn't like her and kinda sucks.
    - Was surprised at how well Maggie handled Glenn having to leave again. Maybe she's getting a bit more stable.
    - Carl you little dumb ass. But I'm glad he's there because I've been enjoying him in the book lately. He's still got a bit of an edge (If he was bad I would have shot him) but is being more childlike and open. I like seeing this growth in the character.
    - Jesus is a badass. I think I'm really going to enjoy having that dude in the comic.
    end of spoilers

Excited to see this new community. I hate the wait between issues. I'd give this issue a B to B+ grade.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

BANNED

[spoil]
    - I know people thought Andrea claiming she'll live was bad foreshadowing but I didn't get that vibe. She's just trying to Rick around to being with her instead of worrying that she get killed if they're together. I actually thought it was a nice moment between them.
    I completely forgot that happened. man, I need to re read the most recent issues. I think you're right, though.

That Jesus guy.... what kind of fighting style is that? the way he uses kicks.....is that capoeira?

Reminded me of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu a little. Except he couldn't engage in grappling, obviously. Capoeira makes sense.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.JOSE View Post
    That Jesus guy.... what kind of fighting style is that? the way he uses kicks.....is that capoeira?
    would be a shame if if you're spinning around kicking walkers in the face. Accidentally get scratched by their teeths, I think martial arts wouldn't really work on zombies. Imagine trying to Judo throw a zombie, rip its arm off and still get bit anyway!