Page 16 of 90 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Can't wait till Wednesday!

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

This may sound masochistic.. but I want the four week schedule back.

Hell, if the price of gas doesn't start to go down, I may start wanting the book to be bi-monthly.

I don't have a LCS.. I have a SOLCS...

BANNED

I like it when they ramp up the schedule. give me moar!!!

So do I dammit.. but gas prices.. ouch..

Maybe if I just drive really.. really slow. ;)

Anywho.. this was posted on Youtube in January but its just now making the rounds on the social networking sites..

http://youtu.be/a8z_dJoWjP4

Totally needs to be used as the actual intro to the show just once as a joke.

BANNED

well ya know, there is other ways to read the issues if going to the store more frequently is such a burden.

Am I the only one that thinks issues have become extremely decompressed as of late? This issue flew by. I wonder if the show and other comics (particularly Thief of Thieves which has also been optioned by AMC) are taking up more time.

I mean I liked the issue, but once again I'm questioning certain things that Kirkman has the characters doing. Particularly Abraham as his actions at the end, while setting up this next plotline, don't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Somewhat convenient Team Grimes ran into the group they were trying to confront on the ride back to the community, eh? Still the confrontation itself was badass as hell. Anyway, Abraham & whatshisname are gonna bite it, probably. In a protracted full-issue sort of Michone tortures the governor sort of way.

I wouldn't say it was decompressed in the way the book has always been like that. We've read lots and lots of issues so you can deal with it, when you do it on TV people start to get antsy.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    well ya know, there is other ways to read the issues if going to the store more frequently is such a burden.
    True but I like to give Kirkman my money so pirating digital copies of his comics would be mean. ;)

BANNED

well, you can buy them when you do make the pilgrimage to the store once a month.

I feel the book is slipping a bit in quality. I don't know exactly what it is or what to blame it on, but when I finish each issue lately (last 10 issues tops) I don't seem to feel the 'need' for the next one. is that just me or do other people feel that way, too?

Green Lantern Corps Mbr

What's the best way to get into reading the walking dead. I found the first issue free on comixology so now I want to start reading the series (also a huge fan of the show). That being said it looks like my options are paperback volumes, hard cover books, or compendiums. Which would you say is the best option out of those?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hwlights92 View Post
    What's the best way to get into reading the walking dead. I found the first issue free on comixology so now I want to start reading the series (also a huge fan of the show). That being said it looks like my options are paperback volumes, hard cover books, or compendiums. Which would you say is the best option out of those?
    Compendium 1 for $35 on amazon. Part 2 comes out in fall and will probably chronicle issues #49-#96. Unless you want to pay more money for a better quality book with the same story.

Id recommend getting the compendiums and then adding walking dead to you're pull list. Or at least pick the issues up monthly. Unless you want to trade paper back all of it or compendium it.

Enjoyed the issue. I good start and setup for this new arc. Some quick thoughts:

spoilers:
    -Wonder if there is going to be a split between Michonne and Rick. She doesn't seem to be liking his protection plan at all. I hope not.
    -Wonder if Kirkman will finally get to the point where Carl reveals he killed that twin (don't remember which one) to Andrea. He's slowly been working towards this it seems.
    -Love seeing them take out the Neganites so easily. Of course that's probably just increasing Rick's dangerous over confidence. And I'll agree with everyone else that letting one of the attackers go was dumb.
    -Liked the Rick and Andrea moments.
    -Is Euge already a traitor? He seemed kinda cocky towards Abe and the early morning jaunt just the two of them smelled a little like a setup.
    end of spoilers

It's looking like this is going to be a pretty cool and action packed story line.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Hwlights92 View Post
    I went with the HC books. Amazon up here in canukistan has them for $23 per volume and they are really nice, quality books. $23 really seems like a steal...especially if you buy a couple volumes at once and get them shipped for free.
    Last edited by Zevious Zoquis; 05-10-2012 at 05:23 AM.

I'm worried for Abe and Eugene, but I'm more worried for the whole camp. I get the impression that taking on Negan's gang was predicated on Eugene's reloading skills. And I sort of think of Abraham as the baddest dude left on earth. Without resupplying bullets and Abe's badassery, team Grimes is in trouble.

And if Michonne refuses to work with the Hilltop community, Rick's in deeper shit. Michonne is tough enough to just leave Alexandria and get by on her own.

And if Glenn refuses to put his life in danger because he now has a kid on the way?

Andrea is a badass, though, and I'm starting to think Rick is the toughest motherfucker in the history of fiction. The way Andrea blasted those two, giving Michonne enough time to score a decaptitation was pretty killer.

Things could get brutal - and fast. Remember how many people died between issues 45-48? 98, 99, and 100 - get yourself a hat and hang onto it.

The best way to get into the walking dead is to first check if your local library has it. If they do, they should have up to issue 90 waiting for you - for free.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    well, you can buy them when you do make the pilgrimage to the store once a month.

I feel the book is slipping a bit in quality. I don't know exactly what it is or what to blame it on, but when I finish each issue lately (last 10 issues tops) I don't seem to feel the 'need' for the next one. is that just me or do other people feel that way, too?
    Kirkman is gonna do some mind-bending stuff in issues 99 / 100 just cuz I figure he'd want to mark it like that. As for these issues being absorbing reads, I'm enjoying it now more than when they first got to the community. And even that paid off in a crazy zombie-herd killing orgy.

I'm quite interested to see how Kirkman handles Negan (which I'm assuming what the next issue is all about) and try to see how he differentiates him from The Governor.