Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Well different strokes for different folks..

I'm hoping he shows up and that they off someone else to make room for him, he's just a much more interesting character than Eugene, Daryl, or many of the others in Alexandria. That is if Kirkman adds him to the comic with the same qualities he has in the show.

Speaking of the cast, has anyone seen Lincoln's old british show, Teachers? I've been watching it on Hulu and its just a lot of fun, and Lincoln just plays this total hornball teacher, a totally different character than the one he's playing in TWD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by USArmyParatrooper View Post
    It wasn't even a fight. It was attempted murder.

Guy attempts to murder a person with a knife. You call it a "knife fight." To say that's wrong is to state the obvious. It's not semantics.
    Well anyway...

I really enjoy Daryl on the show but adding him to the book as a regular character would feel cheap and gimmicky. mostly it'd be lame.
    Last edited by the goddamn batman; 04-10-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    Well different strokes for different folks..

I'm hoping he shows up and that they off someone else to make room for him, he's just a much more interesting character than Eugene, Daryl, or many of the others in Alexandria. That is if Kirkman adds him to the comic with the same qualities he has in the show.
    Thats the problem I have with him coming into the comic... he shouldnt be the same person without Team Grimes influence. Id assume he spent the last 2 years with Merle(if Merle comes into the comic)... his attitude should be more like his first appearance in the show, only 2 years tougher and meaner.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Yes, they announced it in the latest letter page. No release date yet but it is definitely going to happen.
    Thank's Capuga i'm hoping it'll happen in the next few month's,i can't wait to get my hand's on it
    Wind your neck in Dude, there are polite ways of debating and starting a sentence with "Hello?" ain't one. Nobody likes a smart arse.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    Well anyway...

I really enjoy Daryl on the show but adding him to the book as a regular character would feel cheap and gimmicky. mostly it'd be lame.
    Why would it be cheap and gimmicky? You can add comic characters to the show but not visa versa? If the character works then it works. Whether or not he's on the show is of no consequence.

It would be logical and profitable for both Kirkman and the collectors.

The comic is doing very well but if it could pull in half of the non readers from the show, it could dominate.

I like to see the things I like become huge, and TWD is only getting bigger.

BANNED

I don't need the 'popular' character from the show being added to the comic. I just don't. How wouldn't that be gimmicky?

The Walking Dead already is huge, and does dominate. There's not a better selling indie comic and the collected editions are constantly the best selling trades. do they really need to try to 'cash in' at this point?

they do not, but I bet Kirkman will anyway.

If this site is accurate..

February 2012
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...2/2012-02.html

June 2011
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...1/2011-06.html

Dominate isn't the word coming to mind.

Anywho.. I just don't see Daryl being added to the comic, or even Merle, as gimmicky since we're talking about the same franchise, not two different franchises coming together that really don't make sense, like GI Joe and the Transformers or Batman Vs. Dracula. Daryl is a solid character and if Kirkman can bring the exact same character to the comic, he'll outshine Abraham, Eugene, Nicholas, and many of the other boring one dimensional characters the comic has right now. And there's a fine latina chick for him to cozy up with already thanks to Abraham tossing her for the butch chick.

He shouldnt be the same person without Team Grimes influence. Id assume he spent the last 2 years with Merle(if Merle comes into the comic)... his attitude should be more like his first appearance in the show, only 2 years tougher and meaner. He shouldnt be sensitive sweet guy Daryl from the show.

BANNED

If this site is accurate..

February 2012
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...2/2012-02.html

June 2011
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...1/2011-06.html

Dominate isn't the word coming to mind.
    it is the best selling comic that isn't published by Marvel or DC. month in, month out.
    whatever it's place on that list, there's nothing indie above it. except the occasional Buffy.
    the trades dominate the GN sales charts. vol. 1 still places on those lists. nothing else can touch it.

it's a black and white indie book. it has no reason to be as huge as it is. it has no reason to be a success at all. not in the american comics market.
    it aslo defies the trends by actually gaining readers as it goes. maybe you want it to out sell Batman, but that's not going to ever happen.
    Adding Daryl to the comic isn't going to help that, either. it's a giant success in a market that shouldn't support it, and it's creator owned.

I really don't know how you can look at that and not see 'dominate' as an appropriate word.

Because the last time I bothered to look up the word, it meant to rule over/tower above and while the trades do dominate, the single issues don't even come close to domination when it comes to single book sales, unless you exclude the big two, which wouldn't be right. Now the trades, the trades seem to dominate a lot of trades, trades of big titles. But what I'm seeing number wise, the trades the TWD trades beat most of the time, they're trades of titles that outsell TWD single issue wise, so all I'm seeing is that TWD has a lot of weekend warrior fans.

As for TWD's popularity, I'm not surprised at all because it taps into an audience that is often times neglected by the industry. The horror fanbase is legion, and they're always looking for the next best thing. And yes, I think a huge amount of those who buy the book are coming from the horror crowd, the ones you won't see post here very often or at all, but will see talking about twd on horror forums.

Because the last time I bothered to look up the word, it meant to rule over/tower above and while the trades do dominate, the single issues don't even come close to domination when it comes to single book sales, unless you exclude the big two, which wouldn't be right. Now the trades, the trades seem to dominate a lot of trades, trades of big titles. But what I'm seeing number wise, the trades the TWD trades beat most of the time, they're trades of titles that outsell TWD single issue wise, so all I'm seeing is that TWD has a lot of weekend warrior fans.

As for TWD's popularity, I'm not surprised at all because it taps into an audience that is often times neglected by the industry. The horror fanbase is legion, and they're always looking for the next best thing. And yes, I think a huge amount of those who buy the book are coming from the horror crowd, the ones you won't see post here very often or at all, but will see talking about twd on horror forums.
    According to the owner of a comic shop in my time, Image actually limits the amount of Walking Dead comics they will print. That doesn't make logical sense to me, so I'm wondering if someone can confirm.

One thing that is true though, he's got lots and lots of unsold back issues of just about every series. Today he only had ONE copy of #95, representing the totality of his entire WD inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by USArmyParatrooper View Post
    According to the owner of a comic shop in my time, Image actually limits the amount of Walking Dead comics they will print. That doesn't make logical sense to me, so I'm wondering if someone can confirm.

One thing that is true though, he's got lots and lots of unsold back issues of just about every series. Today he only had ONE copy of #95, representing the totality of his entire WD inventory.
    Image doesn't limit anything. If something is being limited by anyone it is by Kirkman himself. He has control over his comic. Though I doubt he limits the book's supply to less than the demand - he's smarter than that.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

If you haven't checked it out yet, you gotta look at the cover to #100. Simply epic.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...rs-the-fallen/

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3-Vee View Post
    Not sure why you're getting caught up in whether the guy will turn into a zombie. The bigger picture for me is that he was speaking about them not living up to their end of the bargain.
    Oh, obviously. Just gotta take care of these little bits of people who die have a tendency to eventually turn undead business or else things have a tendency to get out of hand rather quickly.