Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1351
  1. #1081
    Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Hugely cynical lack of evidence assumption: the only reason Kirkman threw Neegan into the book was he was working on leading up to Walking Dead S3 (adapting the prison arc, which was set into place by the end of S2) and realized "Hey, the comic needs a bad guy again, doesn't it?!"

  2. #1082
    I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    Hugely cynical lack of evidence assumption: the only reason Kirkman threw Neegan into the book was he was working on leading up to Walking Dead S3 (adapting the prison arc, which was set into place by the end of S2) and realized "Hey, the comic needs a bad guy again, doesn't it?!"
    I disagree.

    It's been 50 issues since Rick Grimes fought a group that's more powerful than him.It's about time for a villain to appear that will give him a run for his money.

  3. #1083
    I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    If it wasn't for the show staying on the barn for so long on season 2, we would had been almost done with the prison arc already.

    I think the show is going to catch up at the end of season 4. Nothing as big as the prison arc happens after it ended until Negan showed up and killed Glenn.The show will catch up very easily.I'll sum what happened up until Negan showed up.

    -after the prison, the remaining survivors go to the barn and meet these 3 people and 1 guy is a scientist who knows what caused the Zombie apocalypse.
    -more drama happens
    -they meet people who want to eat them and they kill them
    -they meet 2 gay people who take them to new community
    -drama happens in the new community and more people die


    Rick meets the hilltop survivors and Negan.The show is closer to Negan than we think.

  4. #1084
    Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    917

    Default

    I actually can't believe it but I think the prison arc will actually end on the TV show by the time S3 finishes. Depends if they kill off the Governor or not by the end, everyone seems to dig him (we got two seasons of Shane!). Although if it ends by S3 and they adapt S4 issues, what 48-97 (start of "something to fear" I think) that seems like a heck of a lot. If I'm a betting man, I say S3 prison arc ends, S4 takes them up to when they first get to the community in Washington. Of course, who really knows how the rest of the TV show S3 is going to play out, although I think Governor is definitely going to be nastier in the back half of S3.

  5. #1085
    Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Hellifornia...
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    I really hope they don't quicken the pace too much because if they do, they'll have to move past the comic and that can be iffy. Besides, they just tossed Tyrese into the mix so if they quicken the pace of the whole prison thing too fast, they'll either have to kill Tyrese before he even has time to build up a relationship with the group, or do what they did with Shane. And besides, there's no rush to catch up with the comic, it isn't like the show is going anywhere anytime soon. It's one of the most popular shows on tv, and even if it lost half the audience it has now, it still would be one of AMC's highest rated shows.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 12-21-2012 at 06:00 PM.

  6. #1086
    Elder Member Libaax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    Hugely cynical lack of evidence assumption: the only reason Kirkman threw Neegan into the book was he was working on leading up to Walking Dead S3 (adapting the prison arc, which was set into place by the end of S2) and realized "Hey, the comic needs a bad guy again, doesn't it?!"
    This is not Marvel superhero where they make Coulson is an SHIELD agent in the comics because of the Avengers film or where they change Tony Starks look to look like RDJ just to lure in new readers.

    I respect Kirkman enough to think he wouldnt do something like that to his longtime planned stories for short time gain he didnt need. The comics was selling well long before S3.

    I think Kikrman and readers like me know the community and Rick and co have had it too safe and no human enemies for many issues. You need bad guys, a new danger for the thrill,story reasons.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

  7. #1087
    Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Hellifornia...
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    I agree, I don't think Kirkman would do something like that.

    But keep in mind, money is like a drug and it does change people, even people who you'd never expect to change.

    To quote Cyndi Lauper.. ;)

    Money changes everything
    We think we know what we're doin
    We don't pull the strings
    It's all in the past now
    Money changes everything

  8. #1088
    Elder Member Libaax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    I agree, I don't think Kirkman would do something like that.

    But keep in mind, money is like a drug and it does change people, even people who you'd never expect to change.

    To quote Cyndi Lauper.. ;)

    Money changes everything
    We think we know what we're doin
    We don't pull the strings
    It's all in the past now
    Money changes everything
    Sure wanting more money is nothing new but if he would change the comic for the tv show he would have done it two years ago when the tv was new and a big hit. The sales of the comics increased even more after S1. S3 isnt when he thought i can make money on the tv show fame.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

  9. #1089
    goshgollygee TillyParks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I made a video reviewing the characters on the show, comparing how they match up to those in the comic (mostly).
    This is what i came up with:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEjgVtRWy58
    agree/disagree?

  10. #1090
    I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    If Robert Kirkman had to choose between the t.v show or the comic,do you think he would chose the t.v show?

  11. #1091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    If Robert Kirkman had to choose between the t.v show or the comic,do you think he would chose the t.v show?
    Comics over everything.

  12. #1092
    Junior Member TheFerg714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    I really hope they don't quicken the pace too much because if they do, they'll have to move past the comic and that can be iffy. Besides, they just tossed Tyrese into the mix so if they quicken the pace of the whole prison thing too fast, they'll either have to kill Tyrese before he even has time to build up a relationship with the group, or do what they did with Shane. And besides, there's no rush to catch up with the comic, it isn't like the show is going anywhere anytime soon. It's one of the most popular shows on tv, and even if it lost half the audience it has now, it still would be one of AMC's highest rated shows.
    Why would you even assume that Tyreese would have to die by the end of S3? The show has already proven that they don't follow the comic storyline 100% multiple times. Ie: Carol, Beth, Dale, Shane, Lori, Judith, etc, etc.

    To answer Wild Child, no he'd be with the comic. I'm like 90% sure of this.
    Buffy: Season 10~Angel & Faith Vol. 2~Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
    Ultimate: Spider-man~FF~All-New Ultimates
    Forever Evil~Batman~Green Arrow
    Hawkeye~Uncanny X-Men

  13. #1093

    Default

    I'm still irritated the TV series killed off Patricia so early.

    As for #106, I thought it was all right. I liked that we got to see more of Aaron and Eric and how they disagree on what they should be doing. I'm honestly not all that concerned with what Negan did to Carl. If it was anything too nasty, they would've had that be the cliffhanger rather than Negan boasting about it. And I'm a little weirded out that the crazy jesus lady (Erin) popped out of nowhere.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

  14. #1094
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    So, 106...I don't care about Eric and Aaron and their little lovers' spat. Have them do something interesting that moves the story; otherwise, kill them. And, Carl...kill him off. Please.

  15. #1095

    Default

    It reads a bit quick what what I was curious about, before I knew it, last page.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •