Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1348

as much as i dig neganīs hold over his community, i am annoyed how he is breaking the 4th wall and addresses the reader more than carl. same happened during glennīs execution. it reads more like a kirkman/reader dialog than a character/character dialog. don īt like
    every sentence has a fuck. what is the message mr. kirkman?
    does it serve a purpose, or are you just giving critics the middle finger?

i think people are overly critic with negan character. in my book, he is very different from the gov. iīd love him to brainwash carl and having the confrontation with rick
    Last edited by sherlockbones; 12-14-2012 at 01:58 PM.

BANNED

I saw someone else mention Negan as the Kirkman cipher (I guess? That's probably not the right word) and it made sense, but I don't know. I like Kirkman enough, but that doesn't really seem like his style.

i also mentioned that on neganīs introduction, but maybe a native speaker elaborated it more clearly?

meta dialog all over it...

more meta talk. whom the gods kill

kirkman reflecting/kidding in my view
    Last edited by sherlockbones; 12-14-2012 at 03:04 PM.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Walking dead 108

A new character?

Um, yes please. Sweet design, is that Papa Legba from voodoo lore?! Should only be a matter of time before this series needs to go back to zombie roots, a voodoo character would be an excellent breath of fresh air if handled correctly.

I really liked 105. Nice change of pace, and an excellently realized world Negan is operating out of. I really liked the iron reveal, Carl's face, I thought it did a great job at distinguishing Negan from the governor. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes. They all look to be in relative comfort there, I thought it would be a lot more Mad Max-ish after they stole all the "addicting" medicine, but it looks like they genuinely have a comfortable life and the medicine is being put to good use. They just have to live with Negan as the driving force behind dominating the new world and getting supplies when needed. I get the impression that the first iron guy they kidnapped might make his way into Rick's group, or at least a couple of Neganites might do. I'd like to see some more characterization in the guys over at Rick's camp. We have a fairly solid cast, but most of them are underdeveloped. I'm really looking forward to what's coming, and I don't think that's necessarily been true for the last dozen or so issues. Long live Kirkman.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Tiger guy is probably a leader of another aspect of "the larger world" because we've only seen Hilltop and Saviours so far, right? Didn't Jesus say there was one or two more?

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockbones View Post
    as much as i dig neganīs hold over his community, i am annoyed how he is breaking the 4th wall and addresses the reader more than carl. same happened during glennīs execution. it reads more like a kirkman/reader dialog than a character/character dialog.
    I didn't get the sense that this was happening at all, just that Negan likes a captive audience. I know indirectly is still breaking the 4th wall, but where do you draw the line defining what's breaking the 4th wall and simply the writer addressing his theme?
    don īt like every sentence has a fuck. what is the message mr. kirkman?
    does it serve a purpose, or are you just giving critics the middle finger?
    It reflects Negan's mindset and background. Negan's is a dog-eat-dog world, and Negan is top dog. He has the ethics of a dog and he talks like one. I don't mean this as an insult to dogs, I mean human dogs.

He may have a military background also. We vets love to cuss. But this guy is particularly sick, clearly.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

I'd say Negan is former military, he just has the look and behaves like one of those military types my journalist friends have written about. He abuses his power, he isn't kind to women, and he seems to enjoy inflicting pain. He's also a lot like Gavin in Rise of the Governor, except far more successful than Gavin. Hell, even Phillip had issues with Gavin and Phillip was batshit crazy. In short, those who keep saying Negan and Phillip are the same really need to either re-read the prison story arc or Rise of the Governor. There's many differences but the biggest one, Phillip went insane and although he hurt people, he at times seemed to actually think he was doing the "right" thing. Negan, he knows he's a prick, enjoys being a prick, and he seems to be entirely out for himself.

So, was the man who got "ironed" being punished because Amber cheated on the Governor with him? Or because She and the man were a couple before the governor made her a concubine?

Quote Originally Posted by CounterBalancec View Post
    So, was the man who got "ironed" being punished because Amber cheated on the Governor with him? Or because She and the man were a couple before the governor made her a concubine?
    Because she slept with him again after she became one of Negan's wives. Prior history doesn't matter but she's not allowed to cheat on him once they're together.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Chasing the tail of dogma

I'm going to give it a few more issues to see where this arc goes, but if I'm not thrilled with it I'm off the book. These arcs seem like they drag on and we've seen them before. It just lacks the punch it used to have, just going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by lasraik View Post
    I'm going to give it a few more issues to see where this arc goes, but if I'm not thrilled with it I'm off the book. These arcs seem like they drag on and we've seen them before. It just lacks the punch it used to have, just going through the motions.
    To each his own, but I totally disagree. This community feels entirely different and more permanent, and I really have no idea where they're taking this.

Quote Originally Posted by lasraik View Post
    I like the implications of the new arc.
    Recently it is now become the norm that survivors are no longer concerned with battling the actual walking dead anymore, but have established communities that could ward them off easily.
    The new threat comes from other communities, and i think that's a really interesting concept very worthy of exploring in a long arc. It's a new era for the series.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I honestly think the book is never going to be "on the road" ever again. Unless there's something crazy, like a mass exodos across the Atlantic of entire communities or something crazy like that, but I can't see Kirkman going back to "Well, everybody here is dead, let's start walking again!"

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

It took 50 issues to write up a villain who is as bad and powerful as the governor.