Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1348

Just read #105. Pretty good issue, but Negan is looking more like the Governor with a potty mouth.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

105 felt pointless. This series is getting old for me and everything seems unnecessarily brutal: "What can we do next to shock our readers?!"
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    105 felt pointless. This series is getting old for me and everything seems unnecessarily brutal: "What can we do next to shock our readers?!"

I hit that wall after I finished reading the third HC volume. The whole Michonne/governor revenge bit really turned me off...

This issue was meh. I was hoping for a little more from Negan. Still plays into him ruling based off fear rather than deception + fear. Its clear the people know who he is and are more afraid of whats outside than him. I didn't get the whole Carl interactions with him though, not really sure what the point was.

Negan is one of the most disappointingly annoying characters I've seen in a long time. It feels like Kirkman's trying a little too hard to create a new villain for the series. Unfortunately, Negan sucks as a villain and as a character.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

OMG why is Robert Krickman making us wait another month to find out what happened to Carl?

you guys are better off watching the TV Show. You want instant everything.

105 was fucking fantastic. go read it again. This series is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
    you guys are better off watching the TV Show. You want instant everything.

105 was fucking fantastic. go read it again. This series is amazing.
    Had nothing to do with wanting instant everything. I just wasn't overly impressed with Negan. Instead of me thinking damn, I'd be scared of this guy. I got the impression that everyone would hate him and he would of been overthrown already, like one of his "wives" would kill him in his sleep.

Plus, I thought Carl was out of character in this. I get that the kid would be scared, but he seemed to roll over and be broken way too quick. I kind of expected Carl to be so defiant that Negan would have to kill him.

I thought this was a really well done issue. Established the Saviors community and how it works pretty well in just one issue. Say what you will about Negan, but his brutality and impulsiveness gives his scenes a real sense of tension because you just have no idea what he might do. I didn't know if he was going to make Carl is protege or do something gruesome to him. That's how you keep readers turning the page. And that page of Carl's empty eye was brutal.

Tense but good character and world building. Real good issue.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I thought this was a really well done issue. Established the Saviors community and how it works pretty well in just one issue. Say what you will about Negan, but his brutality and impulsiveness gives his scenes a real sense of tension because you just have no idea what he might do. I didn't know if he was going to make Carl is protege or do something gruesome to him. That's how you keep readers turning the page. And that page of Carl's empty eye was brutal.

Tense but good character and world building. Real good issue.
    Same here, it really distinguishes how Negan differs in methods from the Governor besides his crude language and personality. The open rule of fear and adherence the "rules" basically turns everything into a hegemony. Everyone is technically doing everything of their free will because they think defying their "rules" is a worse alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie View Post
    Plus, I thought Carl was out of character in this. I get that the kid would be scared, but he seemed to roll over and be broken way too quick. I kind of expected Carl to be so defiant that Negan would have to kill him.
    It's not out of character. Kirkman even had Negan briefly note why Carl was acting like this. Regardless of how tough any child can appear, they are still just children. He has no back up of any kind. He has no weapon. When Glenn was brutally murdered, he was there for every second of it and overheard every word. The actions that got him here weren't well thought out or planned, it was the reactive impulsive anger of a child. Captured, he's so far out of his league and recognizes as much.

He isn't rolling over or breaking down. All he's had to do is sing and take some bandages off.

Just an aside to the topic: I was just thinking how cool it is that the Walking Dead has become such a cultural icon. It's got this comic that's vastly popular. The trades are consistently in the top 10 monthly trades list, month in, month out. There is a very popular TV show that people talk about all the time and there's a video game that is competing for the Game of the Year category.

Robert Kirkman might just be the most prolific creator in the comic industry right now.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

I'd actually take it a step further than that..

At the moment, Kirkman is one of the most prolific creators in entertainment industry right now. Even if I wasn't a fan of the franchise, I'd be f'in impressed. And what really is impressive about the whole thing is the genre that TWD belongs to. The horror genre tends to attract a smaller audience, usualy teen males. But TWD has managed to reach a much larger audience. Sure, True Blood is also popular but True Blood isn't good old school horror, it's Anne Rice like nonsense and a lot of people just tune in for the dark romance and titties. TWD is death.. gore.. death.. and more gore.. but yet it keeps pulling in the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    I'd actually take it a step further than that..

At the moment, Kirkman is one of the most prolific creators in entertainment industry right now. Even if I wasn't a fan of the franchise, I'd be f'in impressed. And what really is impressive about the whole thing is the genre that TWD belongs to. The horror genre tends to attract a smaller audience, usualy teen males. But TWD has managed to reach a much larger audience. Sure, True Blood is also popular but True Blood isn't good old school horror, it's Anne Rice like nonsense and a lot of people just tune in for the dark romance and titties. TWD is death.. gore.. death.. and more gore.. but yet it keeps pulling in the numbers.
    I'm just really impressed with the cross-section of different medium that it's taken off in. Popular comic, popular game, popular TV show...and like you said, for something that would be considered pretty niche, it's gotten pretty big!

I love it!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

I just can't read this comic anymore, honestly. I recognize that it is good and that a lot of people like it... but I've just not been in a place where I can enjoy the comic and haven't been for a while. I'm not even sure -how- to enjoy it anymore. Is enjoyment even the right word here? xD