Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1351

Goddamnit Carl.

I thought it would have been cool if he actually succeeded in killing Negan, but that might be because I just want that character gone as soon as possible. Hopefully Jesus continues to be sweet and can quickly extract Carl out, this is not a storyline I want to occupy several issues, I want to move past the Negan group.

I posted this in the TV forum, but that girl on the wall from the last episode of the show looked a lot like Rosita from the books. I don't remember if they ever mentioned a name for the character or not, but she had the trademark ball cap and looked the role. Also, some pretty sweet casting rumours for Tyrese flying around right now that are all but confirmed if you want to look that up.

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

At this point I want to apologize for getting irate.

I confess that pretty much the entire time I was looking for a way to bow out of the conversation gracefully, but that just wasn't happening. Sorry you had to see that.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

If Neegan didn't die in this issue that just happened, I'm saying he sticks around until, like, issue 120. I kinda wanna get real deep into his and the Savior's world now. We've had a huge chunk of Team Grimes and basically just the Safe Zone since like issue 69? That's quite a bit of that.
    Last edited by President Kang; 11-19-2012 at 04:56 PM.

BANNED

I don't thi I you got irate, thetrellan.

I want them to visually spend time outside the community of Alexandria. Wherever they are, for whatever reason, Alexandria's boring houses get old to look at real fast. There's nothing to set one apart from the other, no dynamics to play with, no debris or chaos strewn about, no wreckage. No sense of setting beyond 'houses.'

Just need some variety.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

How did Andrea become a good sniper?

At the beginning of the Walking Dead, she didn't know how to shoot but she became better than everybody in two weeks.She's usually using a sniper rifle but who thought her how to use it?I don't think Rick did because he's just a cop who only knows how to use pistols or assault rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post

At the beginning of the Walking Dead, she didn't know how to shoot but she became better than everybody in two weeks.She's usually using a sniper rifle but who thought her how to use it?I don't think Rick did because he's just a cop who only knows how to use pistols or assault rifles.
    I guess it's a combination of "practice makes perfect" and somebody discovering they are just naturally good at certain things. Throw in a pinch of willing suspension of disbelief, and there you go.

Natural talent.

And Rick is a cop in a rural area. He would certainly know how to fire a rifle. I'd hazard to say that his police training involved much more rifle shooting than SWAT style assault rifles. And most people growing up in areas like that (such as myself) hunt and shot guns from the time they are little kids. Plus the basics of shooting are the same regardless of pistol, rifle, machine gun, etc. They showed her the basics and she had the natural talent for it.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Sounds like you're talking about the show. In the comics, it's unclear just when she begins training, only that she's a natural. I think it was revealed early in their time at prison.

On the show her wanting to use a gun is part of the story. So Shane gave her lessons.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

In the comic they realized she was just a natural with guns, then as the story progressed she just happened to be a pro sniper as well (unless I missed the training issue). It isn't too much of a stretch, I've known guys who just took to it naturally.. with animals. And well, zombies are probably a far easier target since they can't run. Tyrese on the other hand, despite the training, could never shoot worth shit in the comic. But when you can take on a flock of zombies all on your own without a gun like Tyrese did, who needs a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    In the comic they realized she was just a natural with guns, then as the story progressed she just happened to be a pro sniper as well (unless I missed the training issue). It isn't too much of a stretch, I've known guys who just took to it naturally.. with animals. And well, zombies are probably a far easier target since they can't run. Tyrese on the other hand, despite the training, could never shoot worth shit in the comic. But when you can take on a flock of zombies all on your own without a gun like Tyrese did, who needs a gun.
    yeah tyreese was awesome, i wish he had lasted longer than what he did. and Morgan shouldn't have been brought back just to be killed off. if comic Andrea die i'll be crushed lol likewise michonne. on the other hand if rick dies i think i can live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

How many issues will the walking dead go for?

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Over the years Kirkman has tossed numbers like 250 and 300 around but the only thing he has said that has never changed is that the comic, it'll be around for a long, long time.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 11-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Why doesn't Michonne talk to Andrea more often?I think Michonne resents Andrea because Ricks talks to her a lot.Rick wanted to talk to Michonne for once but she said "Don't you have Andrea for talking to?" Michonne has been pretty lonely and she admitted it when she talk to Abraham.I hardly see Michonne and Andrea interacting with each other on page.
    Last edited by Wild_Child; 11-27-2012 at 12:43 AM.

There's only 4 core character's(Rick,Carl,Andrea,Michonne) left in the series.I don't think any of them are gonna die yet.
    If Carl does dies then Rick will go completely lose it then he'll kill himself just like Hershel did over his son Billy.Carl can't die or else it's over for Rick Grimes.Rick Grimes can't die yet because he's the main character.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	225px-Walkingdead107-web.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	104951
    So I don't buy this cover that Carl dies.He is mistaken for dead but he actually lives.

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    I loved how Carl fell over and dropped the machine gun, though, because he's a stupid little kid and couldn't hold onto it physically speaking. It's a cool little moment. This is an issue that I couldn't see adapted in the TV series because, if the TV series ever reached issue 100-ish that would be, what, season 7? Chandler Riggs would be, like, 18 or something? And if he dropped it he would seem like just an idiot. It actually makes sense that a kid couldn't hold onto a machine gun.
    Carl is 8 right now.By the time he's 12, he's pretty much grown up.In other primitive societies, older kids are seen as adults in their late preteens or early teens.