Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by groovemachine View Post
    This.

Sorry, but I don't get you're meaning.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't see how this is difficult (or important, but I digress). Lori died earlier on the show than in the comic. I mean, how is this even up for discussion? In the show, she died right when they got to the prison and before Woodbury. In the comic, she died after Woodbury and leaving the prison.

If you are comparing the high-level story arc of the show to that of the comic, this is obvious. If you're not comparing the arcs of the show and tv, then I don't even know what we're talking about.

BANNED

look, the only point anyone ever made was that she died at a different point in the prison storyline than the comic. I put it in bold so you can see the only relevant point anyone made.
    you started talking about hypothetical calendars that don't exist in either version of the storyline, then pulling the timeline like a rubber band around Dale's death... what?

I'm not trying to be rude, and I'm sorry for insulting you, but you're the only one talking about it. didn't die at the end of the prison storyline. that's the only point that was made. her story played out differently. that's all.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Two-Face saying that not to tell Negan about losing Jesus is a mite convenient, don't you think. And Harvey Dent gave a real nasty glare, such as it is, when Negan was talking about getting his sex on. Maybe Negan is banging one of Harvey's chicks (Yeah, I know his name is Dwight. all I can think when I see him is "Two Face! Harvey Dent! Two Face!" so my brain is sticking with it.) If Carl didn't die in this issue (and I thought he might) and he didn't kill Negan (which I thought might happen) than we're either due for another Walking Dead Torture Issue (tm) which would be a little quick on the heels of #100. I think the most likely thing is Negan using Carl as (more) leverage against Rick. Or someone suggesting Carl going Anakin Skywalker, that could be a thing (Negan did call him a "guest" in the last page). I'm guessing they'll be more craziness to hit in issue #107, which would be Adlard's 100th issue on the book. Only a cover shot of Carl's hat also seems .. oddly menacing.

God help me, I think I'm starting to like TV Carl more than comic book Carl. I don't get it either. I think I still feel cheated about comic book Carl being alive after he got a chunk of his head blown off so I'm kinda expecting him to go any minute. Or maybe if he survived that, he's gonna be invincible.

BANNED

I haven't been a fan of comic book Carl for a long time. Certainly not prior to his accident.

deleted due to unintentional duplication
    Last edited by thetrellan; 11-17-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    look, the only point anyone ever made was that she died at a different point in the prison storyline than the comic. I put it in bold so you can see the only relevant point anyone made.
    you started talking about hypothetical calendars that don't exist in either version of the storyline, then pulling the timeline like a rubber band around Dale's death... what?

I'm not trying to be rude, and I'm sorry for insulting you, but you're the only one talking about it. didn't die at the end of the prison storyline. that's the only point that was made. her story played out differently. that's all.
    Yeah, yeah, I get that. Geez, give it a rest already. It was just a little pretzel logic. Why is it so important to you that I take things so absolutely literally?

The prison presents a frame of events, the overall story another, and all I was doing was comparing the event in question to the larger frame of events instead of the one everyone else was. That's all.

If you don't give a flying fig, that's fine with me.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 11-18-2012 at 08:05 PM.

what everybody seems tomiss: jesus

i was more surpised that J got spotted rather than carl.
    was it on purpose?

also, negan is unbelievingly holding back. team rick now killed 20 (?) of his men?
    how can he justify that without retaliation?

I loved how Carl fell over and dropped the machine gun, though, because he's a stupid little kid and couldn't hold onto it physically speaking. It's a cool little moment. This is an issue that I couldn't see adapted in the TV series because, if the TV series ever reached issue 100-ish that would be, what, season 7? Chandler Riggs would be, like, 18 or something? And if he dropped it he would seem like just an idiot. It actually makes sense that a kid couldn't hold onto a machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    I loved how Carl fell over and dropped the machine gun, though, because he's a stupid little kid and couldn't hold onto it physically speaking. It's a cool little moment. This is an issue that I couldn't see adapted in the TV series because, if the TV series ever reached issue 100-ish that would be, what, season 7? Chandler Riggs would be, like, 18 or something? And if he dropped it he would seem like just an idiot. It actually makes sense that a kid couldn't hold onto a machine gun.
    Youre kidding right.... at the pace the show is going they can reach the events of issue 100 by Season 5... hell maybe even by the last half of 4

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    Youre kidding right.... at the pace the show is going they can reach the events of issue 100 by Season 5... hell maybe even by the last half of 4
    Kinda but not really since, y'know, the pacing as to how fast they're flying through the issues of the comic is distinctly different from S1 to S2 to S3. God knows how many or how little issues S4 will cover at this point.

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    Chandler Riggs would be, like, 18 or something? And if he dropped it he would seem like just an idiot. It actually makes sense that a kid couldn't hold onto a machine gun.
    They can just toss Riggs after another season or two and replace him with Mini Me, that way they never have to worry about him growing up. Or they could just toss him and hire some new kid, I mean it worked for the Griswold family. ;) Seriously, Riggs plays the character rather well but he doesn't have a unique look, he could easily be replaced and kid actors are a dime a dozen.

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    They can just toss Riggs after another season or two and replace him with Mini Me, that way they never have to worry about him growing up. Or they could just toss him and hire some new kid, I mean it worked for the Griswold family. ;) Seriously, Riggs plays the character rather well but he doesn't have a unique look, he could easily be replaced and kid actors are a dime a dozen.
    That could work. Menudo (yes, I am old) was run that way back in the day quite effectively.

I also think Jesus may have gotten caught on purpose, but that would be one hell of a risk just to get close enough to the Savior compound (which looks, by the way, awesome).
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

Yeah, the compound was sweet. I wonder who gets the job of chaining up the live-biters outside the gate? I think they're up there as A) symbols of badassery B) defensive gate C) the zombies can be confused by the sent of others so any ones walking by would just smell big-old herd of zombies. But zombies tend to group together so maybe that would attract more? But any wandering zombie would probably just get tangled in the mess. Or maybe attract a huge herd. Hurm.

I doubt Jesus got caught on purpose. He probably underestimated the Neganites' surveillance. Or not. What do I know? :)