Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Ok, this issue was pretty good, at least when it comes to everything BUT Carl.

That part was just annoying, but it'll probably lead to some good stuff. It means this Negan stuff is going to pick up speed too which is a plus.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Issue #104 was good. But, the stuff with Carl did just annoy me...
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

I am very interested in what Negan's planning with Carl, I do hope it is a little more interesting than "hostage" or "join the dark side" though.

I would be surprised if Carl died. Or if he did, it wouldn't be by Nagan's hand. It would be some other member of the gang. Carl is more valuable to Nagan alive than dead.

I am considering that Nagan is not as liked in his own community as he is abroad. He at least keeps up with the witty banter no matter who he is talking to.
    http://blogojett.blogspot.com/

www.capelesscrusader.org

Reads: Batman & Robin, Batman, Walking Dead, Chew, Saga, Prophet, TMNT, Planetoid, Punk Rock Jesus, Revival, Judge Dredd, Bedlam

I actually liked that Carl is the one to take action; I dislike Negan and if Rick's plan was only to find out where is his base, then I'm really glad Carl isn't like his father.

I just hope this doesn't become a hostage situation or a dark side thing; hostage would be boring and Carl is not dumb enough to fall for Negan's lies.
    Onward, to futility!

BANNED

Carl and Rick have been at odds for a while now. that's an easy seed planted. I could see Carl being swayed, he is only a child after all.

I'm just imagining Negan doing really nasty things to Carl and I can only hope Jesus saves Carl before anything gross happens. And, I totally wish Carl would've killed Negan. He killed a bunch of other people in the vicinity, but misses the one guy he knew he needed to take out?

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

I think we all know by now that Jesus never saves anyone these days, and he seems too busy to ever take any of his calls.

As for Carl, he is a kid but he's seen and been exposed to too much to drink the koolaid. If Kirkman goes the Anakin route with Carl, it'll most likely be Carl pretending to fall for it all, only to be the one to take Negan out at the end.

As for Negan's HQ, am I the only one playing the Telltale game that sees a similarity between Negan's HQ and Crawford? And speaking of that game, the 5th and final chapter is due out next week. I'm hoping once the 5th chapter is released, Telltale then will start fixing some of the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    I think we all know by now that Jesus never saves anyone these days, and he seems too busy to ever take any of his calls.
    ha ha ha ha ha.... good one

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    what? does this make sense in your head, because it doesn't when you post it on the internet.
    You know what an issue is, right? 2 issues is about 40 minutes of reading for most magazines, separated by anywhere from 0 minutes to days or weeks for the characters. In the case of TWD, 20 minutes of reading with no more than a week's gap between. Their stay on Herschel's farm was very brief in the comic book, mere days, but in the show they spent months there, at least as much as their stay in the prison.

It's not rocket science. Surely a master of deductive reasoning such as the goddamn batman can figure it out.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

BANNED

I understand the reasoning, it's just an entirely flawed logic.

I'm with batman on the flawed logic. If you take one episode = 1 book, then we're more or less on track. The first season (6 episodes) was more or less equivalent to the first arc (6 issues) of the book. Michonne was introduced in episode 19 of the show and issue 19 of the comic. The pace is accelerating a bit now and I imagine the show will take us through roughly issue 48 by the end of this season.

BANNED

It's pretty ridiculous to try and reason out the time lived by these people when that isn't what anyone else was talking about.

Lori died earlier in the story on tv than in the comic. How long she was alive post zombie outbreak is meaningless, because a) who cares and B) nobody was talking about that.

But anyway...

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Just got done reading 104.

Loved the bit with Jesus. I kind of figured he'd escape after being bound. He is crazy badass.

I liked the parts with Carl. I don't know what Negan is going to do with him, but I hope it isn't nice. He might try and straight up drug him up and recruit him. I'm betting that's why his crew of yahoos is so big. Dwight gave him the stinkeye when he heard Negan bragging about nailing all of his wives. Drugs to control the group, and access to women. But we'll see.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    I understand the reasoning, it's just an entirely flawed logic.
    How so? One method judges the passing of time using one event- the discovery of the prison- as a reference. Mine uses the discovery of Herschel's farm as point of reference. They discovered the farm about the same time on the show as in the comic, but spent much more time there.

You could also use the death of Dale as point of reference, which would have her dying late without question.

At this point you must surely realize that the argument is pretty subjective.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"