Page 63 of 90 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    BANNED

that is what I assume, too. who can say, though... and for how long it will go on. making the enemy feel safe on your turf is pretty smart, but this is TWD, so how will Rick's attempts at protecting the group go wrong?

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    that is what I assume, too. who can say, though... and for how long it will go on. making the enemy feel safe on your turf is pretty smart, but this is TWD, so how will Rick's attempts at protecting the group go wrong?
    Oh I suspect that someone will die or 2 and Rick will feel horrible. But at the end Negan will die and people will tell Rick he did what he had to.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

So TV Lori's fate was somewhat different (and earlier) than comic Lori but it's a pretty big part of the story that it had to happen anyway. I still think TV baby will meet a same fate as comic baby just, y'know, somebody different holding it.

Johnny Wulgaru aka Dread

Regarding the tv show: Glad about Lori, sad about T-Dogg. I think the comparison between the Governor killing the soldiers and Rick killing the prisoner is that both wanted to keep what they had fought to make. The Governor mentioned that the National Guard had abandoned their post before, and i think he has a general distrust of the army and anyone associated with the government. He knew that by adding soldiers to the town he would have some challenges to his authority (better trained people, combat experience, etc.) and they had to be eliminated. Rick, seeing that by adding the prisoners at that point of the show would have lead to a challenge to his authority (and his life) knew he had to kill that prisoner. Rick just got to take a more "noble" route (an overt attempt on his life by a hostile person) than the Governor.

I do think that eventually, when Rick loses his hand, Merle will be the one to do it.

Regarding the comic: I can foresee Rick being killed at a point where Carl has become a strong enough character to take over, or the book ends. I would suspect at some point the book to take a time jump to some years from now, and that would be the time to take him out.

I think Neegan's group isn't as big or as capable as it's made out to be. I think his group is made up of people who just know how to hit things in mobs and that's it, because otherwise it would make more sense to take over an area and add valuable people and women to your group to make it stronger. He's using his group like a hired mob, so they probably don't farm or have a true sense of "community" set up. I wouldn't be surprised if their camp is inside of a store or warehouse that was already protected.

Also, if you watch every scene where the Saviors are in combat, it usually requires several of them attacking as a group versus any individual efforts. I think if they met with a true horde of zombies many of them would not survive. It will be interesting to see the aftermath of this, because I wonder if Rick will take any of the Saviors in just to have attack fodder for zombies.

It would bum be out a bit if the Saviours were really just complete wimps, kinda meant that Glenn got bashed by a punk in a false show of force. Could be interesting but I think it'd be more dramatic if the Saviours actually WERE a giant mass of humanity that overcome the community by sheer force of numbers. But they'll probably turn out to be big ole liars.

Seriously how great is this book? I just got the 2nd compedium(I think theres a "n" in there somewhere lol) and havent been able to put it down. I got only basically 2 trades left to read, and I just got this book at 5pm today. Cant put it down, have to cos well its 330am now and I have things to do in the morning. I got the rest of the singles to get completely caught up and I do beleive 104 comes out wed.

Did you reach the part in the book where your avatar is from? That was probably one of the highlights of the 2nd half of the 1st 100 issues.

LOL, it's a double edged sword, man. You don't want to put it down because it's so good, but the quicker you read, the sooner you're caught up, and then you have to wait which is no easy task. I freakin' love the series. Maybe one day when I have more disposable income I'll upgrade my trades to a more deluxe collected edition. I really hope they make a great video game for this series. I mean, the Telltale one is great, but I want a more open-world kind of zombie game, and this IP seems greatly suited for it.

Thats was the last trade in the comp I read

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    So TV Lori's fate was somewhat different (and earlier) than comic Lori but it's a pretty big part of the story that it had to happen anyway. I still think TV baby will meet a same fate as comic baby just, y'know, somebody different holding it.
    I beg to differ. I, for one, don't remember her having a baby, and the stay on Herschel's farm was much longer than in the comic, so I'd say she either died on time or, more likely, late. Which makes sense, because I'm sure they don't want too much happening like it did before, while at the same time keeping the feel that it's the same story being told. But boy isn't Rick feeling like a mess right now. And after he was such a heel to her!
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhemket View Post
    Regarding the tv show: Glad about Lori, sad about T-Dogg. I think the comparison between the Governor killing the soldiers and Rick killing the prisoner is that both wanted to keep what they had fought to make. The Governor mentioned that the National Guard had abandoned their post before, and i think he has a general distrust of the army and anyone associated with the government. He knew that by adding soldiers to the town he would have some challenges to his authority (better trained people, combat experience, etc.) and they had to be eliminated. Rick, seeing that by adding the prisoners at that point of the show would have lead to a challenge to his authority (and his life) knew he had to kill that prisoner. Rick just got to take a more "noble" route (an overt attempt on his life by a hostile person) than the Governor.

I do think that eventually, when Rick loses his hand, Merle will be the one to do it.

Regarding the comic: I can foresee Rick being killed at a point where Carl has become a strong enough character to take over, or the book ends. I would suspect at some point the book to take a time jump to some years from now, and that would be the time to take him out.

I think Neegan's group isn't as big or as capable as it's made out to be. I think his group is made up of people who just know how to hit things in mobs and that's it, because otherwise it would make more sense to take over an area and add valuable people and women to your group to make it stronger. He's using his group like a hired mob, so they probably don't farm or have a true sense of "community" set up. I wouldn't be surprised if their camp is inside of a store or warehouse that was already protected.

Also, if you watch every scene where the Saviors are in combat, it usually requires several of them attacking as a group versus any individual efforts. I think if they met with a true horde of zombies many of them would not survive. It will be interesting to see the aftermath of this, because I wonder if Rick will take any of the Saviors in just to have attack fodder for zombies.
    It's clear that the Gov has plenty to hide. He knew that the soldiers would be a threat to him once they knew what's what. Besides, the true members of his community are perfect bastards like himself, mercenary types without conscience, the kind who'd feel right at home in a zombie apocalypse. The rest are pretty women as near as I can tell, so do the math: the ladies think they've found a home, but really they're prizes of war.

As for Merle, now that he's had time to see what life with "his own kind" is like, I imagine the only thing keeping him from rethinking his philosophy is sheer hate. He may well take Rick's hand, but I think he'll grow a conscience despite himself. It'll probably happen on the day he dies.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Well, you're wrong. She and the baby that she certainly did have died at the end of the prison arc of the comics.

The TV show has been impressive this season, definitely silencing some critics. I can't stand Michonne in it though, am I the only one? What is that scowl? Michonne should be silent and calculating, not overtly aggressive and weirdly antagonistic. I get it, she's a badass, you don't need to make her unlikable because of that. Hopefully they clear her up a bit. Michonne is handled great in the comics, she subverts the badass chick with a sword stereotype by showing genuine moments of vulnerability and compassion, she can open up, but mainlly she just wants to be safe and with a group rather than alone. The opposite is true on the show, and really, the Woodbury she's been exposed to looks pretty ideal.

Am I the only one who thinks they're messing her up?

Quote Originally Posted by SatanBigsby View Post
    Well, you're wrong. She and the baby that she certainly did have died at the end of the prison arc of the comics.

The TV show has been impressive this season, definitely silencing some critics. I can't stand Michonne in it though, am I the only one? What is that scowl? Michonne should be silent and calculating, not overtly aggressive and weirdly antagonistic. I get it, she's a badass, you don't need to make her unlikable because of that. Hopefully they clear her up a bit. Michonne is handled great in the comics, she subverts the badass chick with a sword stereotype by showing genuine moments of vulnerability and compassion, she can open up, but mainlly she just wants to be safe and with a group rather than alone. The opposite is true on the show, and really, the Woodbury she's been exposed to looks pretty ideal.

Am I the only one who thinks they're messing her up?

In the comic the group spent 2 issues at Herschel's farm but in the show it was an entire season. To my thinking, they should already be done with the prison. If you're using the discovery of the prison as a time reference, then sure, Lori died early.

Michonne was so messed up in the head she had to box it up and hide it from the group, but that was because her instincts told her she was around good folks and the time had come to do away with things like that. Right now she's still in lone survivor mode, but realizes she must soon change. The whole business with the Governor is keeping her in a kind of lone survivor mode, something that was glimpsed in the comic but never explored, and it's what's keeping her alive. I, for one, am still waiting to see how she interacts with the group.

I'm sure it doesn't help any that the one person she trusts tells her it's all in her head, though. Andrea has proven to be a phenomenally bad judge of character. She needs to stop judging things at face value.

It's actually the Governor who doesn't seem to match with the comic. Then again, we're now seeing the side of him he shows his citizens.

Guess I was wrong about their women being prizes of war, though. There were plenty of average types of both sexes in attendance at the party.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 11-13-2012 at 12:22 PM.

OK, I just read issue 104, another short 5-10 minute read, but it definitely moved the story along. I enjoyed it more than 103. It's always interesting when you figure out what's going on with the cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    In the comic the group spent 2 issues at Herschel's farm but in the show it was an entire season. To my thinking, they should already be done with the prison. If you're using the discovery of the prison as a time reference, then sure, Lori died early.
    what? does this make sense in your head, because it doesn't when you post it on the internet.