Page 62 of 90 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    BANNED

He doesn't need to convince the comic fans because everyone else is already watching the show. If the monthly comic readers all stopped watching TWD, nobody would notice.

I just finished up the 1st compendium and ordered the 2nd as well as the rest of the comics to get completely caught up. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that by the end of the week. Ive not missed any of the tv show. But I have to say after the first compendium the comic makes the tv show look like a decent b-movie. I really couldnt put it down, and will honestly probably read it again this weekend since I have nothing else to read or do.

My thought about where the tv show is compaired to the comic......

Will Rick loose a hand? Will Michone get raped?

Im starting to wonder if it wont be Andrea loosing a hand and Michone getting raped because they are the first ones found by the Govenor. Im not so worried about Lori and the baby making it or not I trust they will make the correct decision for killing or keeping them alive much the same way they did with Shane's character.

Also I have to admit, after reading to where I am. Dale is or well was THE MAN!!!! Got have made respect for a old dude who can bag a chick like Andrea without money or drugs!!! Especially when he makes several referals to his junk not working correctly!

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

^ erm, you haven't read the issues post-48 but your avatar is of something that happened in issue 80ish? I'm a bit confused.

I like Carl, so I just was looking for something that I felt looked cool.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

That two-page spread of Carl is one of the biggest shocker moments on the comic, extremely well done. Afterwards, not so much, bit of a cheat, but it's a great moment so it's a wash, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    He doesn't need to convince the comic fans because everyone else is already watching the show. If the monthly comic readers all stopped watching TWD, nobody would notice.
    Wow i have never heard before tv audience is bigger than the max 100000s that read the comics.....

I meant i thought he was hyping the tv show to the fans that he speaks to through the letter hacks. Who was talking about tv ratings? He has often mentioned it will be something that are different,new for the old comic fans too. He can talk to fans without saying you dont matter anymore because tv audience is bigger than you.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Wow i have never heard before tv audience is bigger than the max 100000s that read the comics.....
    Wait, are you serious? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. The TV show just pulled like 10 million viewers for the last episode and has shattered records. Seriously?

BANNED

he's being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Wait, are you serious? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. The TV show just pulled like 10 million viewers for the last episode and has shattered records. Seriously?
    Yeah i was being sarcastic. Im sick of comics fan thinking they are clever in TV/FILM threads saying comics fans dont matter as viewers because there are million other viewers for the same shows like CW superhero tv shows. Like we are not normal tv viewers too and count only as some fans of a ghettoized medium.

Not talking about the goddman batman but others in that forum.
    Pull List:

BANNED

we count for a minimal fraction of tv viewership. that was my only point.

if only as many people as read TWD monthly watched the show, there probably wouldn't be a show anymore.
    if as many as watch the show read the comic, it would be an unheard of number of people reading a comic and would just completely change the industry.

anyway, I suppose we chalk it up to a language misunderstanding.

I like the show this season, but I still think I like the comic more.

we count for a minimal fraction of tv viewership. that was my only point.

if only as many people as read TWD monthly watched the show, there probably wouldn't be a show anymore.
    if as many as watch the show read the comic, it would be an unheard of number of people reading a comic and would just completely change the industry.

anyway, I suppose we chalk it up to a language misunderstanding.

I like the show this season, but I still think I like the comic more.
    I know the math we are small number if a tv show has 4-6 million viewers that was your valid point but i was talking about some others thinking they are clever. I care only for TWD tv show because im a big fan of the comic but most of the time i watch tv shows i dont see myself limited to comics reading fan. I was tv viewer decades before i read comics on my own.

I like this season too and its not even in the same league as the comic. The actors of Rick,Andrea, the writing is not near Kirkman at his best.

Frankly i can never respect it too much when they wrote Rick so unlikeable from start. In the comics, Rick was the one i cared about, cared my interest from issue 1. The tv show is fun guilty pleasure because its not as horrific,shocking and the hero is not as well written.

The misunderstanding was mostly my fault, no worries.
    Last edited by Libaax; 11-04-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    Pull List:

Not tryin to stick my nose where it dont belong. However, something was said Id just like to comment on.

One of the many reason Ive returned to comics is because of TWD. So I was not around when issue 1 was released, but I can only assume part of the reason that issue carrys the value it does now is because of the number of new fans compaired to the number published. Anyone recall what issue 1 value was before it became a tv series? Im sure the tv series has will continue to pull in more and more people into comics. Again I dont know where the state of the hobby was before the tv series started but I can assume its brought countless people back. The key will be how many are getting into other books as much as TWD? That could take years to really discover or even see, and it could go either way. Now Im not even saying 1/2 of the viewers of the show will become avid comic people, heck 1/4 would probably be a big stretch. But overall do you guys thats been around for years see a growth since this series aired?

BANNED

I don't know the numbers, you can find them if you're interested, but the book has always shown growth in readership. Month to month it's sales increase, instead of decrease like every other comic. The trades and HCs continually top the book store charts, and I'm sure the TV show has increased those numbers further in the collected editions.

I don't know the numbers, you can find them if you're interested, but the book has always shown growth in readership. Month to month it's sales increase, instead of decrease like every other comic. The trades and HCs continually top the book store charts, and I'm sure the TV show has increased those numbers further in the collected editions.
    Yeah, it's quite crazy, one may think that everyone who would be interested would already have bought it, but yet, every month, Vol. 1 is in the top. (Although it slipped to number 13 in September)

It was the top selling graphic/trade for 2011, and 2010. And was in the top five for 2009.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

in reading #103 its pretty clear that Carl warned Negan what is gonna happen to him eventually. I get the sense Rick and the gang are gonna spend months working on a scheme involving the walkers and Eugene making bullets. In fact I get the sense that Rick will use Negan's own ego to kill him. Because he believes he's defeated Rick and will proudly strut in so many times.

He will strut in one last time ...and that will be his death.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.