Page 61 of 90 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    the thing with his daughter was dumb because it never actually led to anything. it was just a shock moment.
    Yup, this.

Quote Originally Posted by jetter_cheeze View Post
    I guarantee that someone is going to be thrown into that wall of zombie heads in the show. My guess is the Governor, but I think anyone is pretty much up for grabs.
    That would be awesome. I'm already surprised with how much the show can get away with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    The way I saw it, the gov killed the soldiers instead of letting them join their ranks because he thought soldiers prob have a stricter sense of right/wrong... And won't be cool with how the governor does things.
    Yeah, that was part of it, I'm sure. They would also pose a credible threat for power being trained soliders and in sufficient numbers to rival his own men. As chief sociopath, he couldn't keep them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    Cutting Ricks hand off, killing innocent people, and raping Michonne put the Governor over as a bad ass
    Bad ass is usually used as a compliment.
    So yeah... you're complimenting him for being a rapist and murderer, who mutilates innocents.

(Sorry, I couldn't help pointing it out, I thought it was kinda amusing)

BANNED

I've never been the biggest fan of The Governor. I found him to be a little cartoony. half expected him to be twisting his moustache out by the train tracks.
    the heads, the daughter, it was all overkill. the worst of Kirkman's tendency toward the ridiculous. I liked what he stood for, just not his entire execution.

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCups View Post
    Bad ass is usually used as a compliment.
    So yeah... you're complimenting him for being a rapist and murderer, who mutilates innocents.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that but I'm going by the legitimate definition.

bad·ass
    1. (of a person) difficult to deal with; mean-tempered; touchy.
    2. distinctively tough or powerful; so exceptional as to be intimidating.

People will call Kobe a bad ass, how is a dork who throws a ball through a hoop powerful and intimidating? He's a freakishly tall puppet. Now Dillinger, Billy the Kid, Capone, those would be bad asses. But whatever, everyone has their own opinions on things.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 11-02-2012 at 12:00 PM.

I just wanted to ask am I the only one here that really really hates Andrea in the TV show? I cannot imagine that she'll develop into the awesome character she is in the comic book.
    I hate her behaviour and a lot of other things. Just thought I should write this here, anybody else who is thinking like that?

And the acting of that woman that plays Michonne is kinda annoying, she is forcing herself to much to look angry, I hope it gets better and am really curious wether the governor will rape her or not. I thought that it might be possible that the Governor actually rapes Andrea (they were flirting together kinda...) and that she'll be much more tougher through that.
    Spike Spiegel: "That's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge."

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
    I just wanted to ask am I the only one here that really really hates Andrea in the TV show? I cannot imagine that she'll develop into the awesome character she is in the comic book.
    I hate her behaviour and a lot of other things. Just thought I should write this here, anybody else who is thinking like that?

And the acting of that woman that plays Michonne is kinda annoying, she is forcing herself to much to look angry, I hope it gets better and am really curious wether the governor will rape her or not. I thought that it might be possible that the Governor actually rapes Andrea (they were flirting together kinda...) and that she'll be much more tougher through that.
    Hehe thats far from it, i have yet to see a comics fan who dont dislike or hate Andrea in the tv version in these forums. She makes the show look worse almost on her own. Every month i read the awesome Andrea, the sniper,smart one that have been one of the leaders in the series and then i watch the tv show one and its hard to understand how they messed her up.

I wonder if Kirkman will change that later in the season, she is not even close to being well adapted.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Over on Kirkman's Boards, most of the fans disliked Andrea in the begining... now more seem to be leaning in favor of her. I want her to die...

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    Over on Kirkman's Boards, most of the fans disliked Andrea in the begining... now more seem to be leaning in favor of her. I want her to die...
    I have seen the posters in that board they are the big Kirkman fans that will agree everything he does is gold. You wouldnt hear them diss Governor like Goddamn Batman does in this thread.

Even tv fans in CBRs Tv film forums who dont know the comics dislike Andrea i have seen and get tired of her leaning on men in power like Shane and now tv Governor.....
    Pull List:

Funny--I hate Andrea in the book, but like Andrea on television show. My big complaint is that she basically has forgotten that that Psychopath Carl killed her one of her "sons." Now she's even banging the kid's dad. I am hoping this eventually comes to some sort of conflict.
    David Bowie fan

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I have seen the posters in that board they are the big Kirkman fans that will agree everything he does is gold. You wouldnt hear them diss Governor like Goddamn Batman does in this thread.

Even tv fans in CBRs Tv film forums who dont know the comics dislike Andrea i have seen and get tired of her leaning on men in power like Shane and now tv Governor.....
    You must not have been around for the issue 100 debacle...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramage View Post
    Funny--I hate Andrea in the book, but like Andrea on television show. My big complaint is that she basically has forgotten that that Psychopath Carl killed her one of her "sons." Now she's even banging the kid's dad. I am hoping this eventually comes to some sort of conflict.
    Nobody other than Rick knows that Carl was the one that killed the twin. Andrea doesn't know. She even asked Rick about it and he lied and she took him at his word. So no reason to be mad at her for that. Many people expect her to eventually find out and for it to create conflict with her and Rick.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    You must not have been around for the issue 100 debacle...
    I was hanging around that little way before that. It was too much like groupie feel and i dont mean to disrespect fellow TWD fans. Understandable they had problems with 100, i didnt like his comments in letters hack or somewhere he said Glenn in the comics has been overshadowed by the guy playing Glenn in tv show and that he wasnt needed anymore. I find the show to be somehwhat entertaining but shallow version. Glenn in tv is as french,cool as when the comics was new and everyone was new,fresh.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    i didnt like his comments in letters hack or somewhere he said Glenn in the comics has been overshadowed by the guy playing Glenn in tv show and that he wasnt needed anymore. I find the show to be somehwhat entertaining but shallow version. Glenn in tv is as french,cool as when the comics was new and everyone was new,fresh.
    Kirkman's response in #102 was to Steven Yeun's letter. Steven Yeun of course being Glenn's actor, so Kirkman was just counter trolling Yeun, by saying it was his own fault that Glenn died.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware of that but I'm going by the legitimate definition.

bad·ass
    1. (of a person) difficult to deal with; mean-tempered; touchy.
    2. distinctively tough or powerful; so exceptional as to be intimidating.

People will call Kobe a bad ass, how is a dork who throws a ball through a hoop powerful and intimidating? He's a freakishly tall puppet. Now Dillinger, Billy the Kid, Capone, those would be bad asses. But whatever, everyone has their own opinions on things.
    I figured what you meant, I was just having a bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCups View Post
    Kirkman's response in #102 was to Steven Yeun's letter. Steven Yeun of course being Glenn's actor, so Kirkman was just counter trolling Yeun, by saying it was his own fault that Glenn died.
    Then its more understandable than first i thought he was just overhyping his tv show,cash cow importance just to sell it even more the comics fans.
    Pull List: