Page 1 of 90 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Walking Dead (Spoilers)

This thread is the current issue thread. Do not read this thread if you are not up to date on the most current issue. There does not need to be spoiler tags or warnings anymore, unless referencing a preview. I'll ask the moderator to adjust the thread title.

The old thread seems to have gone, so let's pick back up where we left off.

Issue 93...
    Last edited by the goddamn batman; 06-20-2012 at 09:52 PM.

What's been going on with these boards lately?

Anyway, let's take a vote - Will the new communities be friends or enemies?

I vote friends. I think Jesus is on the up and up.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

BANNED

I think it'll be a mix of both, honestly. there's several communities, from the way it sounds. I believe Jesus is legit. no threat there that I see. but future covers suggest some tensions coming up.

I'm looking forward to 94. hopefully it isn't late.

BANNED

I was looking for a quote about this arc, and I found basically the same quote in a different interview:

spoilers:
    Robert, where are you going with the comic book series?

KIRKMAN: Well, weíre coming up on our 100th issue, which is a big milestone. Thereís a lot of cool stuff coming up. Weíve got a storyline now, called ďA Larger World.Ē Basically, Rick and his group are holed up in a walled-in community that is fairly safe, and weíre going to open up that world and watch them re-establish civilization, in a big way. Theyíre going to be encountering other pockets of civilization that are near them, and some of those pockets of civilization are going to be providing them with trade routes and supply lines that will continue to help them be sustained, and other pockets of civilization are going to hold tremendous amounts of threat for them. Itís going to be a big evolution in the kind of stories that we tell, in the comic book series. Itís going to be the next step thatís going to get us going for another hundred issues. So, Iím pretty excited about all the stuff thatís coming up.
    end of spoilers

I don't know. I think Jesus is too nice to be true. Typical Walking Dead fashion is when things seem to get better, it's just getting ready to get worse.

In this issue, when Rick is still skeptical, he talks about how Jesus was acting too calm for someone who's tied up, and I think there's really something to that. Either way, after the way Kirkman has been talking, I can't wait to see what issue 100 brings us.

I'm not sure what my opinion is of Jesus yet. I can see him as being a stand-up guy. Besides, his point that he has been there and done that (being tied up and interrogated) is quite viable. He's probably just off his rocker, like everyone else.

I obviously need to check the back issues, but he reminds me of the governor.

I'm not really sure of what to expect in relation to the communities because Rick made an interesting point that people should really fear them as opposed to them fearing others. For some reason I feel like there really aren't any other communities.

At the end of the day, what we can safely say is that it's really the living humans that are the most frightening thing about the walking dead.
    Last edited by 3-Vee; 01-27-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    "ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY COMICBOOK!"" - Joe "Jailbreak" Casey

Pulls: Officially became too long to post...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 3-Vee View Post
    I obviously need to check the back issues, but he reminds me of the governor.
    I'm pretty sure he's supposed to. that's why I think it's misdirection and he'll actually be legit.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

WD #93 (my first real "monthly" issue that I had to wait an actual whole month for - spent all of 2011 getting caught up via Walking Dead Weekly & hardcovers/TPB/single issues) wasn't exactly the most enthralling issue of the series, but it was essential because Rick had to go from Point A - which is "I don't trust anybody" to Point B - "maybe we should give it a shot, kinda." and considering the amount of crap Rick has gone through whenever they meet strangers he can't exactly do that over a page or two. So you need an issue for him to go that far. And his musing on the subject is basically shown through some zombie smashing (which I think we had gone a whole 4 issues since it last happened!) which is so redundant to him by this point that he can take a chance.

I have a vague suspicion that Jesus is just like the cannibals or the governor, there are no communities & he's leading them into a trap. But Kirkman's played that card quite a few times in the first 100 issues. And that above quote kinda seals it. I just wonder how the book is going to juggle this apparently hugely enormous shift in stories & characters. I mean, if you thought keeping track of everybody at the community was starting to get to be a head-scratcher.

Hopefully they'll still be some zombie smashing once in awhile. Let's just see how many more issues it takes. Anybody get the feeling at least one of those communities will have a similar "games" style zombie set up like the Governor had? Maybe Zombie-head soccer ball? Something like that.

BANNED

It's been stated pretty clearly that there will actually be other communities. Some good, some not so good. But they're said to actually exist.

I think, again, Jesus is coming off governor esque intentionally, most likely as misdirection. That's my thoughts, anyway. But who really knows.

The Walking Dead is so awesome! I just finished reading volume 15.

First off, Robert Kirkman's gotta be one of the best things to happen to the comic world. Period. Invincible, the Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur...the man is absolutely wonderful.

He started off with Tony Moore, a great artist, but when he left, we got Charlie Adlard. I don't think Adlard gets as much praise as he deserves. His ability to evoke emotions from people, the feel of motion in his panels, his sense of composition and space...the man is unheralded in his talents.

The Walking Dead = Best ongoing comic being published!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

I think Jesus is legit, if not a little off. Just like every other survivor of this Zomb-apocalypse.

I'm more concerned with Abraham. He got his ass handed to him by Jesus, Holly's been all up in his business about Rick's leadership of the community, and he's been pretty quiet about being pushed around. Yes, he's former military and is used to following orders, but everyone's got their breaking point. Hope this issue is brought up eventually.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

New promo for something upcoming in the Walking Dead:

http://www.skybound.com/skybound/201...g-to-fear.html
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

I think Rick will screw things up eventually and get banished. He'll err on the side of caution and it'll blow up in his face and either endanger everybody or totally disrupt relations between the communities and they'll have no choice but to kick him out. I don't know why I'm thinking this, just a gut reaction I'm getting. We'll see, I guess....
    There's nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Rick, Abraham, and Michonne aren't going to just let themselves get banished. So if conflict does come into play with these other communities, I have a hunch it'll be the newbs who are left for dead.

Rick, Abraham, Michone is like the military,police force of the community. They are needed to protect the civillians from dangerous humans, zombies.

I like the end of the 93. Rick showed he is not naive enough to trust Jesus is good, telling the truth. But he isnt paranoid crazy either and thinks every other human groups are dangerous freaks like Governor and co. Its time to trust others and if they are dangerous destroy them.

Fancy moves of Jesus didnt help him against just one of Rick and co.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk