Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Enjoyed the issue. I good start and setup for this new arc. Some quick thoughts:

spoilers:
    -Wonder if there is going to be a split between Michonne and Rick. She doesn't seem to be liking his protection plan at all. I hope not.
    -Wonder if Kirkman will finally get to the point where Carl reveals he killed that twin (don't remember which one) to Andrea. He's slowly been working towards this it seems.
    -Love seeing them take out the Neganites so easily. Of course that's probably just increasing Rick's dangerous over confidence. And I'll agree with everyone else that letting one of the attackers go was dumb.
    -Liked the Rick and Andrea moments.
    -Is Euge already a traitor? He seemed kinda cocky towards Abe and the early morning jaunt just the two of them smelled a little like a setup.
    end of spoilers

It's looking like this is going to be a pretty cool and action packed story line.
    spoilers:
    how can Eugene be a traitor? He hasn't left the camp yet. :D i could totally see him get abe killed then switch sides by saying he knows how to make bullets. As for the carl killing billy thing i think it will come out in issue 99 as the final thing, which will lead to either a rick killing of andrea or her leaving. either way their relationship can't survive that. I agree with the michonne split i mean she lost tyreese in a "war".
    end of spoilers

also does anyone else think this world will be tough for Carl with the whole you know spoilers:
    missing a eye, depth precession is gonna be something you need in this world
    end of spoilers

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

I have a hunch Negan will be more like a gang leader in a Mad Max film, while the Governor was more like a corrupt politician. On the surface he appeared to be a man just looking out for his people, and he had them tricked into thinking everyone on the outside were the bad guys, such as Rick and his gang.

spoilers:
    As for the latest issue, does Eugene get off on being beat up by men? He seems to be trying awfully hard to set Abraham off, especially when he pretty much said Abraham was Rick's lil puppy. I'm sure its just jealousy, Abraham got to boink Rosita and well, unless Eugene slips her a roofie he isn't getting any. Speaking of Rosita, seeing as how Maggie went soft quite awhile ago and now will only be even more useless now that she's pregnant, I think Rosita should step up and be part of Rick's lil Negan resistance army. As it stands now, the only shooting she seems to be doing involves shooting down Eugene. Poor Eugene, its obvious Rosita only goes for alpha males and he's more of a donuts and cupcakes male.
    end of spoilers

Negan is going to be a badass 12 year old female that Carl has to kill because the adults can't. :-P

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Negan should be a woman, that would bring a lil something new to the table.

Speaking of women, did anyone read the letter from George in the latest issue regarding the Playboy thing? The letter seemed awfully familiar to something someone posted on this forum regarding how bringing home Playboy would be disrespectful to his children and wife. It could be the same person but regardless, its comedy gold because I just find it very amusing that someone thinks its fine to bring home a comic that deals with graphic violence, murder, gore, rape, and kids getting shot and eaten, but totally wrong to bring home a magazine that shows boobs, natures sippy cups.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post

Speaking of women, did anyone read the letter from George in the latest issue regarding the Playboy thing? The letter seemed awfully familiar to something someone posted on this forum regarding how bringing home Playboy would be disrespectful to his children and wife. It could be the same person but regardless, its comedy gold because I just find it very amusing that someone thinks its fine to bring home a comic that deals with graphic violence, murder, gore, rape, and kids getting shot and eaten, but totally wrong to bring home a magazine that shows boobs, natures sippy cups.
    It was the same person. He posted the same thing on the Image boards as well. I'm thinking about sending my response to him from those forums to the letter pages to show Kirkman that we're not all prude and entitled fans.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post

Natures sippy cups! I just spit pepsi all over my screen lol.

Dammit! Now I'm freakin' stressed out for spoilers:
    Abe and Euge. Kirkman is laying on the optimism way too thickly for anything positive to happen. I really hope Abe makes it out. Not too worried about Euge :P
    end of spoilers

Speaking for myself, I'm definitely anxiously awaiting that next issue. The slower paced periods of optimism and peace are what really make me worried, so I'm not bored. I just really hope it's not another total bloodbath. We've had enough of those, and I like the current cast and larger world. I'll be disappointed if another community situation goes to shit or if the prison or early community arcs are rehashed.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I will about the crazy letter column guy in this issue, I actually do hope they reprint the Michone story in Walking Dead 100. Which will be appropriate since she'll probably end up dying in issue 100. Just a thought considering how Kirkman is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by ravn8637 View Post
    spoilers:
    how can Eugene be a traitor? He hasn't left the camp yet. :D i could totally see him get abe killed then switch sides by saying he knows how to make bullets. As for the carl killing billy thing i think it will come out in issue 99 as the final thing, which will lead to either a rick killing of andrea or her leaving. either way their relationship can't survive that. I agree with the michonne split i mean she lost tyreese in a "war".
    end of spoilers
    Do we really know who Euge was in contact with before his radio went out? He said it was the Goverment... but he was lying about the thing even working so he couldve been lying about that too. Maybe one of Negan's crew is who Euge was really in contact with

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    Do we really know who Euge was in contact with before his radio went out? He said it was the Goverment... but he was lying about the thing even working so he couldve been lying about that too. Maybe one of Negan's crew is who Euge was really in contact with
    True, and we also don't know what he's been doing for the last few days while Rick and co were at the Hilltop. It's not hard to believe that he's been in contact with Negan's crew already. He was definitely acting strange in this issue.

I realized something else that really bothered me this issue...

spoilers:
    Why would Rick let that guy go? They had just taken and tied up Jesus what not even 2 days before so they could get information about his people, but this guy they just let run off to report to the other side. It makes no sense. He could of got info from the guy, started to form a plan. Hell at least they would of had some element of surprise because even if Negan's guys hadn't made it back he would of had no idea why. Now Negan knows he has an enemy and that the enemy knows nothing more about him than what Hilltop could tell them.
    end of spoilers

I don't like how lately its seemed like people in this comic do stupid things that make no sense just for the sake of doing them. Before when something went bad, at least you saw the logic behind the characters motivations and things just got out of their control. Now, I'm often sitting there going WTH, why would you do that, knowing full well it only makes sense to set up things for Kirkman's plotting.
    Last edited by Huskie; 05-14-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie View Post
    I realized something else that really bothered me this issue...

spoilers:
    Why would Rick let that guy go? They had just taken and tied up Jesus what not even 2 days before so they could get information about his people, but this guy they just let run off to report to the other side. It makes no sense. He could of got info from the guy, started to form a plan. Hell at least they would of had some element of surprise because even if Negan's guys hadn't made it back he would of had no idea why. Now Negan knows he has an enemy and that the enemy knows nothing more about him than what Hilltop could tell them.
    end of spoilers

I don't like how lately its seemed like people in this comic do stupid things that make no sense just for the sake of doing them. Before when something went bad, at least you saw the logic behind the characters motivations and things just got out of their control. Now, I'm often sitting there going WTH, why would you do that, knowing full well it only makes sense to set up things for Kirkman's plotting.
    They let the guy go to deliver the message.

Its just showing Rick's over confidence... They made short work of Negan's enforcers and he feels that his team is so badass that Negan's people will have no chance. Its totally in character for Rick to make a stupid call like this.

Hey, quick question...

I have the first printing of the Vol.1: Days Gone Bye trade paperback. I was going to sell it since I also have all of the single issues and have recently acquired the Compendium. Does the fact that its the first printing have any significance? I just don't want to sell it for a buck to the local used book store only to find out its worth much more.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgiff View Post
    Hey, quick question...

I have the first printing of the Vol.1: Days Gone Bye trade paperback. I was going to sell it since I also have all of the single issues and have recently acquired the Compendium. Does the fact that its the first printing have any significance? I just don't want to sell it for a buck to the local used book store only to find out its worth much more.

thanks.
    You should be able to get more than a buck for it on ebay but, in general, the print number of a trade doesn't matter much. But the Walking Dead is selling for crazy amounts right now so I'd go ahead and mention the first printing in the listing and see if someone will pay a little extra for it.