Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

As far as the waiting for each issue conversation goes... It's torture. Each issue takes so little time to read too, which makes the wait that much more excruciating.

Abraham taking over the other compound makes sense. Everyone being dead could also work. Some kind of shift has to take place. Maybe Rick will go on trial for murder?

The book is coming out every 3 weeks until issue 100

Quote Originally Posted by bbrx807 View Post
    So i prefer to read the series in trade, is it wrong/stupid of me to buy each issue and not read them?

Just seen issue #1 go for $700 on Ebay. Overstreet has the book valued at $40 (40th edition).

Quote Originally Posted by jaxstraww View Post
    Just seen issue #1 go for $700 on Ebay. Overstreet has the book valued at $40 (40th edition).
    You missed a zero on that. A 9.9 rated first printing went for $7000.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    You missed a zero on that. A 9.9 rated first printing went for $7000.
    The issue I seen wasn't graded. Topped out at $700. You are talking about another issue close to gem mint and graded.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxstraww View Post
    The issue I seen wasn't graded. Topped out at $700. You are talking about another issue close to gem mint and graded.
    Yeah, that's the one I read about. Either way, these things are going for pretty decent money right now. I hear issue #19 with Michonne's first appearance are going for a lot right now as well.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

I'm finding that it is getting harder to find back issues of TWD at CS's around here. Sure, there's a lot of people selling back issues on Ebay but I've gone that route before, and more often than not the back issues are in good to very good condition. And in my opinion, the reason many of them are selling on Ebay or via Amazon Marketplace is because of the condition, most cs's, at least the ones out here wouldn't give them a dime for anything that isn't at least fine or very fine. For some condition is irrelevant but for me, well its the same reason I don't do e-comics. I like having the re-sell option available, and condition is everything when it comes to that.

And as the series goes on and the property just gets hotter, I have a hunch the issues that will pick up the most value wise will be the ones that introduce a popular character, such as Michonne, and the ones that deal with the death of a popular character.

I really liked the last issue. I was skeptical of the whole Jesus thing, and the introduction of yet another community, but it feels very natural. It's surprising, but I still get shocked after things like the dude attacking the leader, even after all that has happened in the series.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Anybody else laugh at the final page "What?" or am I just mean? I wish Kirkman had added an exclamation point. At least, that's how it sounded in my head, an exasperated "What?!"

Roadie Avenger RoadDoggBigPauly's Avatar

I liked it without the "!"

Killing is a rather casual thing for Rick, now.

An exclamation would put some serious emotion behind that "what?", and he's just doing what comes natural and is confused why anyone would bat an eye at it?

Thus the very calm, "What?"

Like when your dog catches a rabbit and mauls the shit out of it, then drops it at your feet, then cocks his head a bit and wonders why you're not eating it already.
    MARVEL: SSM, SSMTU, NewWarriors, UncannyAvengers, Thunderbolts, WaTXM, XMen, XFactor, Deadpool, GOTG, UXM, DC: Batman, SuicideSquad, HarleyQuinn, IMAGE: Spawn, WalkingDead, DARKHORSE: StarWars

I've read up to issue #60 and I'm hoping to catch up before they reach #100.

My biggest problem with the series is how drastic they went with cutting off Rick's hand. Seems like it's really going to limit the character from now on

Also what do you all think of the television show?

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    Anybody else laugh at the final page "What?" or am I just mean? I wish Kirkman had added an exclamation point. At least, that's how it sounded in my head, an exasperated "What?!"
    I laughed at that!

And I prefer it without the exclamation point
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate10 View Post
    Also what do you all think of the television show?
    Well, they managed to stretch out 2 or 3 issues of the comic to 13 episodes in S2 (not entirely bad, the stuff with Shane I thought played very well), so I'm wondering how they'll do the prison / governor which is issue 12 - 48. I'm assuming the pacing will go into overdrive in comparison. Originally, I thought they'd cram it all in S3 but some comments from the show-runner seem to imply it'll go into S4 (which they do not have an order for but it sounds guaranteed). Also, since Merle is coming back, I say they should make him the Governor's sidekick. He was just that random guy in the comic, having the Governor's assistant be Merle would be more interesting.

Also, I'd say bail on Tyresse and instead whatever Tyresse does (including his final scene with the Governor) just have Daryl do it. Have pretty much the same impact, especially that scene we all know about.

And cut off Rick's hand. It's too damn cool to not do. S3 midseason finale. Choppy choppy. People's heads would explode just watching it happen on TV. (Course if it was the midseason finale that would mean the Governor wouldn't show up until ep... 6 or so of S3, even though the guy they cast is supposed to be a regular character. That's a question that is well outside of my knowledge of how da TV biz works, though.)
    Last edited by President Kang; 04-02-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate10 View Post
    I've read up to issue #60 and I'm hoping to catch up before they reach #100.

My biggest problem with the series is how drastic they went with cutting off Rick's hand. Seems like it's really going to limit the character from now on
    lol... Youll be surprised.