Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: THE BAT SIGNAL: Higgins Hits The Road With "Nightwing"

Writer Kyle Higgins joins THE BAT SIGNAL to discuss the past, present and future of "Nightwing," Haly's Circus and the upcoming "Night Of The Owls" Bat-title crossover.

Full article here.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Well, sounds good, just have see how it goes. Im looking forward to them being done with Saiko, and elevating both Dick Grayson and Nightwing in the city sounds good to me.

Sounds awesome, and sounds like he's got a lot of story to tell, if he will only be beginning with Old Gotham. It seems like the idea is to give Dick a Bludhaven within Gotham. If you remember the early interviews about Nightwing focused on him being in Gotham, which hasn't even happened yet. It feels like issue 10 after the court of owls wraps up will be the real beginning of the new status quo
    You can call me Saiko if I can call you Nightwing

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

I really enjoy reading Higgin's interviews. You can tell that he's really passionate the character. I can't wait for what's coming up. I would like to see Nightwing really etch out his own niche in Gotham so that he's not just seen as Batman-lite. A figure you don't want to mess with, but at the same time is inspirational is how I've always viewed Nightwing.

may start reading this with the crossover.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

and here I was hoping Dick traveling around with the Circus wasn't going to be a long term deal. Oh well.

And I'll say this again Babs+Dick isn't happening. This interview reassured me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    may start reading this with the crossover.
    Don't really know why you aren't reading already, this is just as good as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Don't really know why you aren't reading already, this is just as good as Batman.
    I don't think I'd go that far

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I find it to be really mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I find it to be really mediocre.
    Same, series is kinda spinning it's wheels right now, where Batman has been hauling ass. NW has potential though, if Dick would just stop playing the gypsy and settle back down with a decent supporting cast.

Sounds like things are going to be interesting for Dick/Nightwing. Can't wait to see where this all leads.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    and here I was hoping Dick traveling around with the Circus wasn't going to be a long term deal. Oh well.
    Well he said the next arc, "The Prince Of Gotham", is going to be about Nightwing in Gotham and elevating both Dick Grayson and Nightwing in the city.

And I'll say this again Babs+Dick isn't happening. This interview reassured me of that.
    "But anyone who knows me will tell you I am a hopeless Babs/Richard 'shipper. I will say that we're not done showing them together."
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-26-2012 at 02:41 PM.

I don't think I'd go that far
    Me either, im enjoying it, its pretty good, but its dragging. And to be honest Saiko is pretty lame. Though all that being said, id say its still worth a checking out. Nightwing is awesome, Higgins seems to have a good grasp on him, while Barrows is doing some of his best work that ive seen from him. I think once Saiko over and done with, it'll hopefully pick up. Im looking forward to the Night of Owls issues.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-26-2012 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

Not bad ... Im waiting for night owls cross over and what the next arch will be . Who his next rogue will be as well. Can it be deathstroke please.....!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Not bad ... Im waiting for night owls cross over and what the next arch will be . Who his next rogue will be as well. Can it be deathstroke please.....!!!!
    Seeing as Higgins isn't on Deathstroke anymore, I doubt this will be the case. It would be awesome though.
    You can call me Saiko if I can call you Nightwing