Page 350 of 395 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 5913

Interesting. Wonder what else they will publish in this format. Perhaps some Conan? Big John Buscema is overdue for an AE (although he really shone with certain inkers). I also wonder if DH now regret that the Hellboy AE will be by IDW.

Not gonna get this one though, because I already have the Simonson Alien pseudo-AE and yesterday I ordered the Thor on for £40 from BD (yes, I was gonna post that deal here but it seems to have been the only copy they had left).

From the DH solicits I'm actually much more excited about Pictures that Tick. Dunno of y'all recognized the gravity of this release: it'll be 272 pages of new work by Dave McKean!!!

"New material from Dave McKean!
    Pictures That Tick Volume 2 TP & Ltd. Ed. HC
    Dave McKean (W/A/Cover)
    On sale July 9
    FC, 272 pages
    $29.99
    TP, 9" x 12"
    On sale July 9
    FC, 272 pages
    $100.00
    Ltd. Ed. HC, 9" x 12"
    McKean uses mixed media to take readers on a journey unlike any other: "The Coast Road" follows a desperate wife trying to find her missing husband, whose ghostly image appears in unexpected ways. "Black Holes," written by an anonymous journalist, concerns the politically sensitive true story of Chinese villagers induced by the government to sell their blood, only to be infected with AIDS through poor medical practice. A myriad of personal tales fill the pages of McKean's latest achievement.
    • Special edition is limited to 500 copies and signed by multiple-award-winning artist Dave McKean!
    • Winner of the Victoria and Albert Museum Illustrated Book of the Year award!
    Praise for Pictures That Tick Volume 1:
    "Impressive are the wordless stories, rendered in sparse line drawings, that evoke a sustained, dreamlike state and often invoke McKean's favored motif of flight."—Booklist"

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I also wonder if DH now regret that the Hellboy AE will be by IDW.
    I don't think they sold all the Hellboy rights of the AE-s to IDW. But they could come out with a Hellboy AE from Fegredo (which I would kill for) and it could contain freakin speech bubbles too, not like the Hellboy in hell AE. (okay, I get it, it's about the art, but I would like to read it too. But maybe it's just me).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't think they sold all the Hellboy rights of the AE-s to IDW. But they could come out with a Hellboy AE from Fegredo (which I would kill for) and it could contain freakin speech bubbles too, not like the Hellboy in hell AE. (okay, I get it, it's about the art, but I would like to read it too. But maybe it's just me).
    Nope. Not just you. I like to mainly look at the art, but I also want to read the stories.

From the DH solicits I'm actually much more excited about Pictures that Tick. Dunno of y'all recognized the gravity of this release: it'll be 272 pages of new work by Dave McKean!!!

"New material from Dave McKean!
    Pictures That Tick Volume 2 TP & Ltd. Ed. HC
    Dave McKean (W/A/Cover)
    On sale July 9
    FC, 272 pages
    $29.99
    TP, 9" x 12"
    On sale July 9
    FC, 272 pages
    $100.00
    Ltd. Ed. HC, 9" x 12"
    McKean uses mixed media to take readers on a journey unlike any other: "The Coast Road" follows a desperate wife trying to find her missing husband, whose ghostly image appears in unexpected ways. "Black Holes," written by an anonymous journalist, concerns the politically sensitive true story of Chinese villagers induced by the government to sell their blood, only to be infected with AIDS through poor medical practice. A myriad of personal tales fill the pages of McKean's latest achievement.
    • Special edition is limited to 500 copies and signed by multiple-award-winning artist Dave McKean!
    • Winner of the Victoria and Albert Museum Illustrated Book of the Year award!
    Praise for Pictures That Tick Volume 1:
    "Impressive are the wordless stories, rendered in sparse line drawings, that evoke a sustained, dreamlike state and often invoke McKean's favored motif of flight."—Booklist"
    Hmm, I ordered that a while ago but it was cancelled. Definitely going to try to preorder it again.

OK these are relevant news for collectors who work with Ikea Expedit shelves. Ikea is discontinuing the Expedit line and the new line will be called Kallax. It's slightly off-topic but not so much as I understand many of you own these Expedits and were recommending these to shelve OHC.
    http://touch.dangerousminds.net/dang...=1392810072988
    Reading: Deathnote, Batman by Morrison

Peace, Love, and Tacos gearsofcrabs's Avatar

Nope. Not just you. I like to mainly look at the art, but I also want to read the stories.
    Yeah I was thinking about getting this cuz god knows how long it'll take for them to release another library edition since they're all caught up. sucks there's no wording, but I'm not mad about it since these are basically just art books, not really for reading. I still might get it, but damn these things are expensive, and no where offers any kind of discount on them.

The IDW solicitations are up. These are the OHCs:

The Maxx: Maxximized, Vol. 1
    Sam Kieth, William Messner-Loebs (w) • Sam Kieth (a & c)
    HC • FC • $21.99 • 104 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-61377-959-0
    • Every page scanned from the original art and re-mastered! Completely re-colored under the watchful eye of Sam Kieth!

The Maxx: Maxximized, Vol. 1: Deluxe Hardcover
    This oversized, limited-edition hardcover of Sam Kieth's The Maxx is signed by the series creator and artist , Sam Kieth and hand-numbered to 175. This collection collects the re-mastered and revised series, all overseen by Kieth.
    HC w/slipcase • FC • $125.00 • 104 pages • 9" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-004-9
    • Exclusive over-sized edition only available in this slipcased edition!
    • Mounted signature page signed by Sam Kieth!

Mike Mignola's Hellboy Artist's Edition
    Mike Mignola (w & a & c)
    This Artist's Edition features the first five issues of Hellboy in Hell as well as a wealth of historic supplementary material: the first three Hellboy stories—the two initial four-pagers, produced for promotional purposes, and the 10-page story from John Byrne's Nextmen #21— plus The Corpse, and two other tales selected by Mignola for inclusion.
    HC • BW • $95.00 net discount item • 200 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-003-2

G.I. JOE: The Complete Collection, Vol. 5
    Larry Hama (w) • Michael Golden, Rod Whigham, Herb Trimpe (a) • N/A (c)
    Collects issues #46–53 of A Real American Hero, #1–2 of Special Missions, and Yearbook #2.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 308 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-61377-956-9

Flesh & Steel: The Art of Russ Heath
    Florentino Flores (w) • Russ Heath (a & c)
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 320 pages • 9.5" x 12.25" • ISBN: 978-1-61377-971-2

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents: The Best of Wally Wood
    Various (w) • Wally Wood (a & c)
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 148 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-61377-954-5

The Red Star, Vol. 1
    Christian Gosset (w & a & c)
    Including issues #1–4 and 6–9.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 324 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-61377-807-4

Tribes: The Dog Years Special Edition
    Michael Geszel, Peter Spinetta (w) • Inaki Miranda (a & c)
    HC • FC • $39.99 • 224 pages • 11" x 8" • ISBN: 978-1-61377-966-8

Peace, Love, and Tacos gearsofcrabs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitariks View Post
    The IDW solicitations are up. These are the OHCs:

The Maxx: Maxximized, Vol. 1
    HC • FC • $21.99 • 104 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-61377-959-0
    • Every page scanned from the original art and re-mastered! Completely re-colored under the watchful eye of Sam Kieth!
    Definitely getting this.

I'm keen on the Deluxe Pictures that Tick. Anyone finds a link for it, let us know!

New books! :)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    New books! :)
    What is that book in the top left corner? Looks interesting.

Looking forward to your review of Milan, btw.

Last week's purchases:

Quai d'Orsay is hilarious. It won "Best Album" at Angouleme last year and will be published by SelfMadeHero in April as "Weapons of Mass Diplomacy" (I'll review it a bit closer to publication).

I'm particularly happy about the Andreas book. I still can't believe that even though he's German, this is the only one of his works that is available here in Germany. I really, really hope this sells well so that we'll see more of his books published here. And while we're at it: they need to be translated into English as well. Asap.

Half Past Danger is some mindless but great pulpy fun. Few minor issues about the art, but when you get guns, girls, dinosaurs, Nazis and ninjas in one book, can you really complain?
    Last edited by LordJulius; 02-22-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Isn't there more Andreas available in German? I have two of his books in German ("Azteken" and "Das Rote Dreieck") that I got from amazon.de for next to nothing. Cromwell Stone is amazing, the first part was available in English from Dark Horse in the 90's (as was Coutoo and a few books of Rork) but the other two books were never translated. It's probably my favourite of his works.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaltomuoto View Post
    Isn't there more Andreas available in German? I have two of his books in German ("Azteken" and "Das Rote Dreieck") that I got from amazon.de for next to nothing. Cromwell Stone is amazing, the first part was available in English from Dark Horse in the 90's (as was Coutoo and a few books of Rork) but the other two books were never translated. It's probably my favourite of his works.
    Nope. Cromwell has just been published, but that's really it. The other ones that are available (usually used) are all at least 20-year-old softcovers that have not been reprinted since. And some of his work (afaik more than half of Rork for example) has never been published here at all. I'd love to have a German version of the two Rork Integral books that have been published in France and NL.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 02-22-2014 at 06:08 AM.

"Das rote Dreieck" and "Azteken" are both hardcovers (and 20 years old ). Dreieck was published by Arboris (999 copies) and Azteken by Carlsen.
    Those two Rork intergral books are definitely things of beauty. Hopefully the Cromwell is a succes so those will come to Germany as well (plus volumes of "ARQ" and "Capricornus")