Page 119 of 396 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 5935

spaceman deluxe edition and corto maltese: ballad of the salt sea arrived yesterday. once i finish up DnA's legion lost, i will dive in.

and i just finished (finally, i know) we3. wow, just wow.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    He continues it but it's going to be in French.
    Huh... you know Giraud died right? He never finished Arzak's next volume.

I liked Nobody by Lemire, didn't like Underwater Welder as much. I still liked it but not as much as the other stuff he did.
    I don;t know why I posted my eclectic opinion. UnderWater Welder is problabbly better. More popular leastwise. HeretoforeO.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Huh... you know Giraud died right? He never finished Arzak's next volume.
    mistyped.

I meant he continued the story but never finished it.

And also, any comic fan could not have missed his death.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    if you don't already have them, check out underwater welder and lost dogs. i still need to read the nobody.
    Have those both :)
    Obviously also reading Sweet Tooth and Animal Man.
    Ha, I'm even considering Green Arrow now ;)

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Simon-Kirby...0535728&sr=1-1

The Simon and Kirby Library: Horror [Hardcover]
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Speaking of Moebius/Gir/Giraud: tonight several auctions on Blueberry/Jim Cutlass HCs ended on ebay.de. Wasn't home when they finished, so I thought I'd place a bid on all of them to increase the chance of ending up with one (which is sometimes the case when there's several items I'm interested in; but mostly I end up with none). Result: I won all five auctions, getting more books than I actually wanted and spending over €100. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    http://www.amazon.ca/The-Simon-Kirby...0535728&sr=1-1

The Simon and Kirby Library: Horror [Hardcover]
    These books caught my interest before, especially the "crime" one. How do they hold up when compared to EC books?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Speaking of Moebius/Gir/Giraud: tonight several auctions on Blueberry/Jim Cutlass HCs ended on ebay.de. Wasn't home when they finished, so I thought I'd place a bid on all of them to increase the chance of ending up with one (which is sometimes the case when there's several items I'm interested in; but mostly I end up with none). Result: I won all five auctions, getting more books than I actually wanted and spending over €100. LOL.
    Nice one! I'm jealous of you Germans, since you got all these Metal Hurlant Moebius reprints in Germany. I'm actually tempted to pick one up to try and see how my German skills are holding up.

Nice one! I'm jealous of you Germans, since you got all these Metal Hurlant Moebius reprints in Germany. I'm actually tempted to pick one up to try and see how my German skills are holding up.
    Yeah, that's one of the few examples where we're "lucky" when it comes to comics. Moebius has always had a huge fan base over here. We even had a German version of Metal Hurlant in the 80s and early 90s (it's where I first got to know about Andreas, btw, whose reprints are published in Dutch but not in German; so here you Dutch are "lucky").

The "Blueberry Chroniken" I won are nice, sturdy HCs, with about 170 pages, European album-sized and collect all of Blueberry, including the books which are not by Giraud.

If you're going for a German Moebius book, get "Arzak". It's taller than an Absolute and regular European albums and even if you don't understand everything, the art is just beautiful to behold (and I can always help you out with translations)

Anyone looking for the Mad Artist's Edition at a decent price, bookdepository is selling them on Amazon for $88 + shipping. Was on the fence spending $140+ for it, but at $93 shipped, it was an easy decision. I imagine a lot of you were in the same boat...

i've been wanting to read blueberry from the first time i heard about it. very jealous.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Yeah, that's one of the few examples where we're "lucky" when it comes to comics. Moebius has always had a huge fan base over here. We even had a German version of Metal Hurlant in the 80s and early 90s (it's where I first got to know about Andreas, btw, whose reprints are published in Dutch but not in German; so here you Dutch are "lucky").

The "Blueberry Chroniken" I won are nice, sturdy HCs, with about 170 pages, European album-sized and collect all of Blueberry, including the books which are not by Giraud.

If you're going for a German Moebius book, get "Arzak". It's taller than an Absolute and regular European albums and even if you don't understand everything, the art is just beautiful to behold (and I can always help you out with translations)
    Yeah I just happened to get Arzak and the 2nd Rork collection last week also together with these books ;) Pretty sure all of them but Arzak have had English translations at some point.

Maybe I'll go for The Long Tomorrow or Arzach in German... I had German in secondary school, so I should be able to make something out of it...
    Last edited by MartinNL; 02-10-2013 at 10:49 PM.

First world problems

Yeah I just happened to get Arzak and the 2nd Rork collection last week also together with these books ;) Pretty sure all of them but Arzak have had English translations at some point.

Maybe I'll go for The Long Tomorrow or Arzach in German... I had German in secondary school, so I should be able to make something out of it...
    So you have Arzak in Dutch then? Great. And do I see correctly? Does Rork have the same dimension as Arzak? Woah.

For Arzach you do not need any German. That is basically without text, so the only time you might need it is for the introduction.

I'm just reading the Airtight Garage (the Moebius original, not the Shanower one). Weird, but excellent. It was one of those stories where Moebius just let himself be carried away by the story, not planning any further ahead than the two pages he drew in any one sitting.

So you have Arzak in Dutch then? Great. And do I see correctly? Does Rork have the same dimension as Arzak? Woah.

For Arzach you do not need any German. That is basically without text, so the only time you might need it is for the introduction.

I'm just reading the Airtight Garage (the Moebius original, not the Shanower one). Weird, but excellent. It was one of those stories where Moebius just let himself be carried away by the story, not planning any further ahead than the two pages he drew in any one sitting.
    Yep Arzak's in Dutch at 36 cm and unfortunately Rork is not that big, but is still 31cm, a tiny bit smaller than an Absolute. That art in Rork holy mother!! Truly truly amazing!

Speaking of Moebius, has everyone here added a 'like' on the "Moebius USA Petition" Facebook page? Humanoids wants to print his stuff, but the estate of Jean Giraud keeps it blocked for new English releases. All his stuff has to become available in English (again) ASAP, so many more people can enjoy his work.