Page 109 of 394 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 5896

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Nope, German. As was mentioned before, this won't be published in English for the foreseeable future. The book is actually the first real Arzach story. It was one of his last works and supposed to be Volume 1. We'll never get to see further albums now, of course.
    Yeah it's on my list of books to get too (in Dutch). Doesn't it just have about 20 words in the book anyway? So anyone could basically get either language version of that work and use google translate... And this is actually more for the European comics thread, but have you read Rork by Andreas? And if you did how did you like it?

Should be getting some pretty books too in the mail tomorrow. I'll put some pics up of that when I get them.

My Sharaz-de shipped from amazon.com the other day too for 21USD including shipping charges. Can't believe how cheap it is, especially when compared to the Dutch version which is EUR 39,95 and smaller in size!!
    Last edited by MartinNL; 01-10-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yeah it's on my list of books to get too (in Dutch). Doesn't it just have about 20 words in the book anyway? So anyone could basically get either language version of that work and use google translate... And this is actually more for the European comics thread, but have you read Rork by Andreas? And if you did how did you like it?

Should be getting some pretty books too in the mail tomorrow. I'll put some pics up of that when I get them.

My Sharaz-de shipped from amazon.com the other day too for 21USD including shipping charges. Can't believe how cheap it is, especially when compared to the Dutch version which is EUR 39,95 and smaller in size!!
    I read parts of it way back in the early 90s in the German version of Heavy Metal. Was quite impressed back then, especially since we don't (or didn't) have German artists of that caliber back then. But I've never read the collected series. I also think most of his books are OOP in Germany.

Sharaz-de is a must have for me as well. Some of my favourite artists (Sienkiewicz, McKean, Simonson) are heavily influenced by him.

I read parts of it way back in the early 90s in the German version of Heavy Metal. Was quite impressed back then, especially since we don't (or didn't) have German artists of that caliber back then. But I've never read the collected series. I also think most of his books are OOP in Germany.

Sharaz-de is a must have for me as well. Some of my favourite artists (Sienkiewicz, McKean, Simonson) are heavily influenced by him.
    Thx! This Dutch publisher released all Andreas' Rork stories in two beautiful hardcovers including the new story. Very tempted to get it...

Thx! This Dutch publisher released all Andreas' Rork stories in two beautiful hardcovers including the new story. Very tempted to get it...
    Got a link to the books? Not that I speak Dutch, but I'm interested anyway.

Got a link to the books? Not that I speak Dutch, but I'm interested anyway.
    Oh yeah, just check sherpa.nu and you know that google translate is your friend And you can find a Belgian video interview (in English) with Andreas here with lots of the books' images http://www.cobra.be/cm/cobra/cobra-m...boek/1.1475215
    Last edited by MartinNL; 01-10-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: * videointerview

Oh yeah, just check sherpa.nu and you know that google translate is your friend And you can find a Belgian interview (in English) with Andreas here with lots of the books' images http://www.cobra.be/cm/cobra/cobra-m...boek/1.1475215
    Thanks! Sadly there's no picture of the actual book (apart from the cover). And I was surprised how much I understood when reading the Dutch (Flemish?) description. Actually everything. LOL.

Thanks! Sadly there's no picture of the actual book (apart from the cover). And I was surprised how much I understood when reading the Dutch (Flemish?) description. Actually everything. LOL.
    If/when I decide to get it, I'll PM you a couple pics. Yeah it's all in Dutch, but Flemish is or should be the same, it just sounds retarded sometimes I guess in the same way Germans find it weird how Austrians and the Swiss speak German. Anyway... we're completely off topic now...

my sharaz-de arrived yesterday from IST along with rust vol 2 and iron, or the war after. flipped through it for a minute and the art is GORGEOUS. hopefully i'll have some time this weekend to sit down and really enjoy it (maybe with a duvel ;) )

SPACE FOR RENT!

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    my sharaz-de arrived yesterday from IST along with rust vol 2 and iron, or the war after. flipped through it for a minute and the art is GORGEOUS. hopefully i'll have some time this weekend to sit down and really enjoy it (maybe with a duvel ;) )

Amazing really! The intense colouring and massive amount of detail are a true work of art. I flicked through it the other day (Dutch version) while shopping and decided I needed to have that. Together with it I also pre-ordered, Toppi's The Collector also by Archaia. Hopefully that will be released soon, since it seems to be delayed now. Also put in pre-orders for District 14 and Jihad.

Rust is great again!! And I've got that Iron, or the war after arriving tomorrow, together with Last Days of an Immortal, Marzi, Dotter of her Father's Eyes, Jeremiah Omnibus vol. 2 and Green River Killer. And then on Saturday absolute B&R. Not to mention some European books. Sh!t dammit I need to stop buying, stop posting here and start reading

And try a La Chouffe next time... you can thank me later!
    Last edited by MartinNL; 01-10-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Amazing really! The intense colouring and massive amount of detail are a true work of art. I flicked through it the other day (Dutch version) while shopping and decided I needed to have that. Together with it I also pre-ordered, Toppi's The Collector also by Archaia. Hopefully that will be released soon, since it seems to be delayed now. Also put in pre-orders for District 14 and Jihad.

Rust is great again!! And I've got that Iron, or the war after arriving tomorrow, together with Last Days of an Immortal, Marzi, Dotter of her Father's Eyes, Jeremiah Omnibus vol. 2 and Green River Killer. And then on Saturday absolute B&R. Not to mention some European books. Sh!t dammit I need to stop buying, stop posting here and start reading

i'll have to check to see if the store has that next time i'm there!

last days of an immortal was good, but strange. i need to re-read it soon. green river killer was captivating. i couldn't put it down, really well done. my wife said the same thing and she NEVER reads any book i suggest for her.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Try to get your hands on Westvleteren XII, best there is.

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    last days of an immortal was good, but strange. i need to re-read it soon.
    I read this three nights ago, and my first thought was, "I need to read this again." There's so much going on in the book, but it's presented in a different way than most comics, almost a "day-in-the-life" style (or lives, as it might be) with nonchalant transitions. It's also so pregnant with ideas, be they existensial/philosophical, sci-fi, or just human emotions. The simplistic (and wonderful) artwork belies the fact that this is a pretty heavy book. Really a remarkable work, and in my opinion, one that challenges preconcieved notions about what comics can be, even if you already read "the better stuff".
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 01-10-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Halfway through my first Gottfredson Mickey Mouse HC by Fantagraphics (Vol. 3/slipcase). Man, what a beautiful and great book. The production is top-notch: sturdy paper and design, tons of extras (covers, paintings, essays etc.) and the stories make you wonder how Mickey has become such a bland and overly PC character nowadays. I mean when was the last time you heard him say: "Gosh! It's opium, Minnie!".

After finishing the amazing Hellboy LE 4 and 5 (bring on LE 6 I say!!!!) I also read the first Fear Agent book.
    I've never been a Remender fan, but boy, this book is fun! Great stuff, can't wait for book 2.

Though I must say, I found the build of the book to be not as great as the Hellboy books.

Halfway through my first Gottfredson Mickey Mouse HC by Fantagraphics (Vol. 3/slipcase). Man, what a beautiful and great book. The production is top-notch: sturdy paper and design, tons of extras (covers, paintings, essays etc.) and the stories make you wonder how Mickey has become such a bland and overly PC character nowadays. I mean when was the last time you heard him say: "Gosh! It's opium, Minnie!".
    I'm reading volume two right now, they are fun stories. I'm sticking with the series to the end. I just wish they had reprinted the first several strips by Ub and Walt as well.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress