Page 106 of 397 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5950

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

Haven't read books like Saga because I'm waiting for the HC (could be rubbish, though).
    Yeah I have the same. I'm only left reading 6 books now in singles, and will start to reduce that even more. But Saga damn, that is such a fine read. But I will drop it too and sell off my singles and wait for the hardcovers when/if the first hardcover is announced. Other books I'm hardcover waiting are Manhattan Projects, Secret, Fatale, Wasteland, Stumptown, Conan and some DC titles.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yeah I have the same. I'm only left reading 6 books now in singles, and will start to reduce that even more. But Saga damn, that is such a fine read. But I will drop it too and sell off my singles and wait for the hardcovers when/if the first hardcover is announced. Other books I'm hardcover waiting are Manhattan Projects, Secret, Fatale, Wasteland, Stumptown, Conan and some DC titles.
    Stumptown is available in HC, isn't it? At least the first issues. I think CC even had it in their sales.

Manhattan Projects I've actually read (the TPB), but forgot to include it (same as Severed). Damn, I've read so many great books last year, it's hard to keep track.

On a different note, after getting a new copy of "The Monolith" HC for 1€ on ebay two days ago, I now just got a shrinkwrapped copy of "The Re(a)d Diary" for 6,99€. Quite pleased with that. Heard great things about both.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 01-04-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Stumptown is available in HC, isn't it? At least the first issues. I think CC even had it in their sales.

Manhattan Projects I've actually read (the TPB), but forgot to include it (same as Severed). Damn, I've read so many great books last year, it's hard to keep track.

On a different note, after getting a new copy of "The Monolith" HC for 1€ on ebay two days ago, I now just got a shrinkwrapped copy of "The Re(a)d Diary" for 6,99€. Quite pleased with that. Heard great things about both.
    Yeah I got that through the CC sale, I was talking about the 2nd volume that's wrapping up now, or has already finished... not sure...

Damn I forgot about Severed too. I had so much "fun" reading that.

Damn, I've read so many great books last year, it's hard to keep track.
    I suggest you start making a list throughout the year of books that you realy got in to. (I was doing such lists for movies back than.) That is of course if this "Top of..." lists are important to you. Although I think it will be very hard (if not impossible) to pick only 10 at the end

Hoping Image announce Saga OHC this month in the solicits, although there is no sign of it on Amazon, whilst a second TBP is listed.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    Hoping Image announce Saga OHC this month in the solicits, although there is no sign of it on Amazon, whilst a second TBP is listed.
    Why would they solicit an ohc if the second tpb hasn't even been released let alone the 12th issue that would make up the ohc?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Why would they solicit an ohc if the second tpb hasn't even been released let alone the 12th issue that would make up the ohc?
    My post suggests this. This month's solicits will be for the 12th issue, i.e enough for a HC announcement alongside. As i said, i have recently noticed that amazon has now got the second TPB listed for later in the year, hence my disappointment indicated in my original post at the continued wait for a OHC not coming out straight away after hoping it would be at least confirmed this month.
    Last edited by FailureByDesign; 01-04-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    it's one of my favorite monthly books. i'm hoping once the series wraps up (i think bunn said around 60 issues) that we get some of the oversized collections like what oni did with wasteland.
    Yes, I would really like to see it in OHC but I don't even understand DC and Marvel's collected editions much less Oni Oress so I'm not holding my breathe. I'm getting the tpbs for now, something I hate doing, and will definitely upgrade if one is made available.

I put these in:
    1. The Making Of (Drawn & Quarterly)
    2. Building Stories (Pantheon)
    3. Saga (Image Comics)
    4. Blacksad: Silent Hill (Dark Horse)
    5. The Massive (Dark Horse)
    6. Siegfried volume 1 (Archaia)
    7. Spaceman (Vertigo)
    8. Underwater Welder (TopShelf)
    9. Rust volume 2: Secrets of the Cell (Archaia)
    10. The Nao Of Brown (SelfMadeHero)
    Ooooh, titles I don't know. Dangerous

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jlls View Post
    So what's your list?

Mine is:
    1 vaughan - saga tpb 1 (image)
    2 Lemire - underwater welder (top shelf)
    3 Building stories by Chris Ware (box) (Random house)
    4 Hickman - manhattan projects tpb 1 (image)
    5 Brubaker - fatale tpb 1 - death chases me (image)
    6 Delisle - Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City (D&Q)
    7 Cooke - parker: the score (IDW)
    8 Williams - Batwoman - hydrology hc (dc)
    9 Rucka - Punisher by rucka hc 1 (marvel)
    10 Lemire - sweet tooth tpb 4 - endangered species (vertigo)

ps, I forgot about Nao :( Wasn't in my database.
    1. Building Stories by Chris Ware
    2. The Celestial Bibendum by Nicolas de Crecy
    3. Young Albert by Yves Chaland
    4. (tie) Koma by Pierre Wazem and Frederik Peeters
    4. (tie) Aya: Life in Yop City by Marguerite Abouet, Clément Oubrerie
    5. NonNonBa by Shigeru Mizuki
    6. Sharaz-De by Toppi
    7. Prophet by Graham and company
    8. The Crackle of the Fire by Jorge Zentner and Lorenzo Mattotti
    9. Abelard by Dillies and Hautiere
    10. Paris Soirees by Philippe Petit-Roulet and Francois Avril
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I actually considered going down to the LCS today and completely closing my pull and trade waiting on the few series I still follow in floppy. I decided to wait just a bit longer though
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    I actually considered going down to the LCS today and completely closing my pull and trade waiting on the few series I still follow in floppy. I decided to wait just a bit longer though
    I recently did, I had 5 series left and told them to cancel it.
    I switched to tpb/hc 100%

I received the Dark Horse Star Wars Dark Empire collected edition HC yesterday and started reading last night. I haven't read this since the floppies 2 decades ago but it all came flooding back. It's the same size as their Star Wars omni's and while I prefer OHC these days I'm glad I got.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Has anyone read Greek my GNs from George O'Connor? I have Zues on the way and am interested in the rest. Does the small size of the tpb hurt the art much?

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    My post suggests this. This month's solicits will be for the 12th issue, i.e enough for a HC announcement alongside. As i said, i have recently noticed that amazon has now got the second TPB listed for later in the year, hence my disappointment indicated in my original post at the continued wait for a OHC not coming out straight away after hoping it would be at least confirmed this month.
    Yeah, but they won't even solicit the ohc, which would most likely contain 1-12, just like the first two paperbacks, until the second paperback is even out. We probably won't even get the ohc until the third paperback is solicited or even released. It would cannibalize sales.