Page 83 of 396 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 5933

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    BTW: My Technopriests shipped from Bookdep.
    Hmmm, mine hasn't. Didn't we both order at the same time...?

Edit: And BD now has it back at preorder with a higher price and 13 days to go. Either they only got a small initial stock or someone busted some balls on the early release.

Edit 2: Deluxe Metabarons may be going out of print again. BD is out and amazon is 1-3 weeks. I just ordered one from amazon but not liking my chances.

Edit 3: B&N show in stock so cancelled amazon and ordered from them.
    Last edited by momaw; 11-28-2012 at 02:43 AM.

okay guys, seen quite a few posts on Technopriests, Metabarons etc, never read or heard of any of this stuff, but sounds really interesting. Can someone here sell me on it and why i should get any of these collections? To help I do like sci-fi! :)

cheers in advance!

Amazon.co.uk glitch on the Marshall Law: The Deluxe Edition HC:

480 pages for 9.59 pounds (RRP 14.99; RRP in the US: $49.99!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marshal-Law-...SIN=1401238556

BD also seems to have the wrong RRP. There, it's €15.93:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Mars...uxe-Edition-HC

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Amazon.co.uk glitch on the Marshall Law: The Deluxe Edition HC:

480 pages for 9.59 pounds (RRP 14.99; RRP in the US: $49.99!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marshal-Law-...SIN=1401238556

BD also seems to have the wrong RRP. There, it's €15.93:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Mars...uxe-Edition-HC
    Same with 100 Bullets Deluxe Book Four for €15.93 on BD

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/100-.../9781401238070

And for GBP12.74 on amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/100-Bullets-...4210693&sr=8-2

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by mard80 View Post
    okay guys, seen quite a few posts on Technopriests, Metabarons etc, never read or heard of any of this stuff, but sounds really interesting. Can someone here sell me on it and why i should get any of these collections? To help I do like sci-fi! :)

cheers in advance!
    They're gorgeous pieces of art? Start with the Incal classic collection. It's standard trim(unless you can find or want to spend the hundreds of dollars on the oversized slipcase) by Jodo and Moebius. Then Before the Incal(yes, read the prequel after the main seires). You might be able to find the slicpase book still, but they're releasing a standard trim version in a month or so. Metabarons is my personal favorite of them, it's kind of a side story to the Incal, and the fully painted art is to die for. Again, you might be able to find the slicase book, but a standard trim was just released. Can't speak on Technopriests, although I'm buying the slipcase book! I know it's a sidestory to the Incal as well. They all happen in a shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    They're gorgeous pieces of art? Start with the Incal classic collection. It's standard trim(unless you can find or want to spend the hundreds of dollars on the oversized slipcase) by Jodo and Moebius. Then Before the Incal(yes, read the prequel after the main seires). You might be able to find the slicpase book still, but they're releasing a standard trim version in a month or so. Metabarons is my personal favorite of them, it's kind of a side story to the Incal, and the fully painted art is to die for. Again, you might be able to find the slicase book, but a standard trim was just released. Can't speak on Technopriests, although I'm buying the slipcase book! I know it's a sidestory to the Incal as well. They all happen in a shared universe.
    Technopriests sort of stands on its own the most. It's tangentially related to The Incal through the concept of the Technopriests, but the story has pretty much nothing to do with it. It's a very good book-- not quite as good as The Incal and Metabarons, but a lot better than Before the Incal, in my opinion.

The 2nd of 6 super-oversized The Incal books will be released on 27 February.

Introducing the second volume of The Incal, the bestselling international comic masterpiece by Moebius and Jodorowsky. Follow Class "R" Detective John Difool on his incredible journey to discovering the secrets of the mystical Incal artifact. Published in its original colors and in the same deluxe, limited and numbered format as The Shadow's Treasure. (NOTE: Limited to 999 numbered copies. Allocations may occur.)

Argh. BD just cancelled my Technopriest order for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Argh. BD just cancelled my Technopriest order for no apparent reason.
    Just complain to see what they say. Their customer service is excellent, so if you preorder again, they might refund you the difference between pre-order price and the price you paid before it got cancelled.

Odd though, since I think I ordered a little later than you did and mine's on it's way for a couple of days now.

Just complain to see what they say. Their customer service is excellent, so if you preorder again, they might refund you the difference between pre-order price and the price you paid before it got cancelled.

Odd though, since I think I ordered a little later than you did and mine's on it's way for a couple of days now.
    Well BD aren't responding (been nearly 12 hours since I emailed them) so I reordered with Amazon. A little more but less than BD's new price and they have it in stock now. Saw it in my LCS today (they only wanted $170 for it) and now I want it more. Also ordered a copy of this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0857687441/...B8CRV2Q8F3WN6Y

which I saw in my LSC today which looks pretty nice. These editions we are seeing from the smaller companies are really putting DC/Marvel to shame. Only some of the Absolutes are as nice imho.

Edit: And they have hit the shipping soon phase. It would have been just my luck Technopriest sold out quick with a print run of only 999.
    Last edited by momaw; 11-30-2012 at 01:11 AM.

My copy of technopriests is listed as shipping soon from amazon.ca!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Amazon has Hellboy Library Vol. 2 back in stock, for those of you who weren't able to buy it because it was OOP. $31.49

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Also ordered a copy of this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0857687441/...B8CRV2Q8F3WN6Y

which I saw in my LSC today which looks pretty nice.
    Damn you for mentioning that. Already piqued my interest some time ago when someone else (Johnny?) posted some pics. It's 50% off at amazon UK, so decided to get that and I threw The Nao of Brown in there too.

Has anyone read Nelson btw? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by MartinNL; 11-30-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Formerly GarbageMan

My copy of Technopriests has shipped from amazon, should be here monday! Now, where to put it.....

Damn you for mentioning that. Already piqued my interest some time ago when someone else (Johnny?) posted some pics. It's 50% off at amazon UK, so decided to get that and I threw The Nao of Brown in there too.

Has anyone read Nelson btw? Any thoughts?
    My work here is done

Now I see all these other orders of Technopriests popping up I'm really glad I snagged a copy (from amazon which has now also shipped) before they disappear. Still nothing from BD. weak guys, weak.