Page 29 of 401 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Ha! For once we Europeans are better off than you guys from the colonies Ordered Alien Artist's Edition for 37 EUR from Amazon.de. That's $48 shipped.

The Born Again AE on the other hand.. cough. cough.
    Bah! And a humbug to you! (very nice though)

Hahaha
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Formerly GarbageMan

Boys definitive 4 is on amazon for 35% off i believe. I pre ordered it, so we'll see.

And dark horse anounced the fear agent omnibus/hc thing 1 today. 1-15, 480 pages for 50 bucks. Looks to be about the same size as the Hellboy Library edition. Due on Halloween.

Oh happy days!

Ha! For once we Europeans are better off than you guys from the colonies Ordered Alien Artist's Edition for 37 EUR from Amazon.de. That's $48 shipped.

The Born Again AE on the other hand.. cough. cough.
    I can't find this on amazon.de . Is it still available?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel Dude View Post
    I can't find this on amazon.de . Is it still available?
    Which one? Alien or Born Again?

Alien is still available, but they raised the price to over 70 EUR (Amazon.co.uk still has it for much less, though).

Born Again isn't and never will be on Amazon.de. And neither on .com. This one you have to get from specialty stores like TfaW, Forbidden Planet or Archonia - for at least 100 EUR (without P&P).

Huh. Don't know why I didn't think of that before.

With all the Artist's Editions, oversized HCs, anniversary editions etc. being published recently, I'd love an oversized HC edition of Cerebus. Now that I think of it, the quality of the paper in the "phonebooks" is very poor, so an upgrade would be nice (even if it'll be 30 books all in all).

And Artist's Edition would be great as well.

The problem with that could be though that Dave Sim would most likely not agree to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
    Boys definitive 4 is on amazon for 35% off i believe. I pre ordered it, so we'll see.

And dark horse anounced the fear agent omnibus/hc thing 1 today. 1-15, 480 pages for 50 bucks. Looks to be about the same size as the Hellboy Library edition. Due on Halloween.

Oh happy days!
    Awesome, so stoked its finally arrived. How many issues will be in the second book then?

Formerly GarbageMan

The second one should finish the series off. But knowing dark horse, we won't see it till next Halloween

My Mach/April DCBS haul

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate todd View Post
    My Mach/April DCBS haul

BPRD is quite excellent. That book has probably my favorite story arcs. And TMNT! Still need to get Flash omni 1 and 2, and FA. And Hitman 1-7

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
    Still need to get... Hitman 1-7
    Need to wait for Vol. 7 to be released first!

Oh my stars and garters.

Just got Green River Killer and read the first few pages. There's a quote by Stephen King on the front, saying it has the "scariest opening sequence" he's read in years.

Boy oh boy, he's not kidding!

Oh my stars and garters.

Just got Green River Killer and read the first few pages. There's a quote by Stephen King on the front, saying it has the "scariest opening sequence" he's read in years.

Boy oh boy, he's not kidding!
    I'll second that! Great book!

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

LOVE Green River Killer, a great detective/suspense/horror story with a great mix of black humor.

Also, Incognito Deluxe HC and Criminal vol 2 Deluxe HC are up for pre-orders
    http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...ure+Readers%29
    http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...ure+Readers%29
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Guys i need help is there some good trade or hardcover that collects alot of Alex Toth stories ? Im not looking portfolios but to read his art in stories.

I was impressed by his art in first Torpedo volume. Specially his black and white art.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

BANNED

Man I'm super glad I didn't end up buying those TMNT hardcover books from amazon.

IDW is reprinting the entire original series in color. Issue #1 came out last Wednesday at $4 a book id rather have reprinted comics then a book I already ordered issue #1. Kind of worked out for the best skipping Vol 1 of that TMNT book.

Works out cheaper to have them in comic form. Not to mention reprinted in color and the fact I don't have to lay out all the cash at once. Not like its a lot but atm its easier for me to add a book for $4 a month then to rush and pick up the hardcovers before they go out of print and go up in price.

I looked at that book Not the Israel My Parents Promised Me and it had anti semite written all over it. Seems to me he just wanted to be controversial about it with more freedom of speech because he his Jewish. Now that he's dead i guess so are his debates thankfully.
    My dad has been to Israel before and he said compared to the rest of the middle east they are the only ones for democracy and American ideology. I won't question that.
    Last edited by needler420; 05-15-2012 at 09:13 PM.